Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:38:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Its going up, I CAN"T BUY  (Read 1691 times)
mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2012, 01:22:02 AM

Damn it bitcoinica, please get more USD soon!

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:23:01 AM

this is typical market behavior.  the washout takes out all the competition and the survivors get the spoils.

we're going UP.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:53:41 AM

Grin People maxing out the leverage for longs again?

lol wow oh boy.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:54:05 AM

lol wow oh boy.

oh dear lol

(BFL)^2 < 0
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:55:08 AM

lol wow oh boy.

the problem for you is this time the leverage is in the strong hands with plenty of margin.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:16:39 AM

lol wow oh boy.

the problem for you is this time the leverage is in the strong hands with plenty of margin.

Probably.  We don't know for sure.  For all we know the strong players may have been burned by leveraging long before watching the market plummet yesterday.

There is a simple and safer alternative to bitcoinica: use your own money.  The market will receive fresh dollars/euros/whatever to sustain real rallies and speculators won't be crushed when the market suffers from temporary bouts of insanity.  Don't have money to trade with and need bitcoinica?  I would suggest these traders should stay away as they don't have any spare money to speculate with.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:22:45 AM

lol wow oh boy.

Probably.  We don't know for sure.  For all we know the strong players may have been burned by leveraging long before watching the market plummet yesterday.

There is a simple and safer alternative to bitcoinica: use your own money.  The market will receive fresh dollars/euros/whatever to sustain real rallies and speculators won't be crushed when the market suffers from temporary bouts of insanity.  Don't have money to trade with and need bitcoinica?  I would suggest these traders should stay away as they don't have any spare money to speculate with.

by definition, yesterdays volatility shook out all the weakest accounts.  we've been in * mode most of the day as the strong, leftover accounts snapped up all the leverage.  now they won't give it back until we're much higher.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 08:50:44 AM

Be happy. Because here we go again

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 09:17:23 AM

mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 09:30:27 AM

If you feel you're underinvested, go to an exchange and buy. I think there's plenty of time to send money to exchanges if someone wants to buy at current levels.

I'm thinking of depositing a bit more fiat to Gox, just to cover the risk of the price dipping to the levels where I'd be extremely comfortable buying BTC. During the November bottoming of the market I happened to have quite fortunately placed buy orders sitting there.
Sargasm

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 09:42:15 AM

I think we're going to see a break out to the next price zone in the next week. 

Feels like the consolidation is complete. 

Plus... if other folks are like me... their fiat just hit the exchange. 
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:29:15 AM

by definition, yesterdays volatility shook out all the weakest accounts.  we've been in * mode most of the day as the strong, leftover accounts snapped up all the leverage.  now they won't give it back until we're much higher.

I literally lol'd. The cypherdoc theorem: by definition, anyone who didn't happen to lose yesterday is a strong trader. Grin

Now we just need some construct for strong... lemma: by common knowledge, anyone who can lift up 100 Casascius gold bars is trivially strong?
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 01:24:28 PM

I literally lol'd. The cypherdoc theorem: by definition, anyone who didn't happen to lose yesterday is a strong trader. Grin

Now we just need some construct for strong... lemma: by common knowledge, anyone who can lift up 100 Casascius gold bars is trivially strong?

I got a chuckle out of that one too, lucky survivors often have a story about why they were "chosen" to survive  Smiley

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 02:16:13 PM

lol wow oh boy.

If the smart (or lucky) money snapped up bitcoins on the cheap over the past 2 days and is now trying to sell them much higher, there's something we can do to screw them over: don't buy any higher priced bitcoins.  Refuse to play their little game and keep our bids low (well below $6).  They may cave in once they see bitcoin isn't going to the moon for quick profits.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: