Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:37:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Does the US Military Think Bitcoin Is a Terrorist Threat?  (Read 5277 times)
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:19:48 PM

I live in the U.S, so I know for a 100% percent fact, sometimes, the Law and Military are terrorists.

Why is it think that Bitcoin, clean compared to the U.S Dollar, is a threat? And not the very USD, that causes death, and chaos?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:00:02 PM

I live in the U.S, so I know for a 100% percent fact, sometimes, the Law and Military are terrorists.

Why is it think that Bitcoin, clean compared to the U.S Dollar, is a threat? And not the very USD, that causes death, and chaos?

It is because the military and those "three-letter" agencies haven't figured out how to control crypto in the ways that they control fiat.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
professorXY

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:12:10 PM

The answer is quiet simple: military mind thinks that everything is a terrorist treat
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:20:11 PM

The answer is quiet simple: military mind thinks that everything is a terrorist treat

Right, especially that which it does not understand.

Corporations For Crypto
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:42:36 PM

They don't think its a terrorist thread. They just feel the need to keep their monopoly on controlled money.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:46:13 PM

They don't think its a terrorist thread. They just feel the need to keep their monopoly on controlled money.

Yeah, well put!

The "terrorist threat" is just a false flag.

Corporations For Crypto
Oldiesel

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:04:41 PM

The US Military and Bankers are terrorists themselves!
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 10:08:06 PM

The US Military and Bankers are terrorists themselves!

Lots of truth to that!

Corporations For Crypto
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:31:44 AM

The military is told what to think.  Always.  Surely they have been ordered to investigate as a mean of terrorism.  The only terrorism I see is if my coins aren't in my wallet, I turn into a large deranged green monster.  At that point, I just might be a little teeny wee bit over the line of....terrorism.  But only for a moment. 
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:01:53 AM

It is simpler than that: terrorism is cheap. Anything of value can be considered a terrorist threat.

The Four Horsemen of the Infocalypse are approximately "drug-dealers, money-launderers, terrorists, and pedophiles."

When terrorist financing became illegal after 2001, the reporting thresholds banks need to comply with KYC laws were largely dropped. Terrorism is scary precisely because it is so cheap. I think we can expect to see Bitcoin funded terrorism within 5 years. Note: I am excluding "economic terrorism", which as far as I can tell, includes any successful boycott

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 07:20:30 AM

PeopleOld white male millionaires in Congress were lobbied by MasterCard against Bitcoin.
FTFY. Sometimes it's important to be specific.

You must understand, the lobbyists and the congresspersons, they are of the same caste.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:20:41 AM

The US military has to regard any novel technology as fundamentally manipulable by hostile elements
Par for the course, I guess that they would view btc thru a sceptical lens

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:26:11 AM

They are trying to drive the price down to pick up a few cheap coins Smiley
Tatsumigaoka

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:35:43 AM

Because Mark Karpeles is literally Hitler I'd guess
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:36:28 AM

It’s fascinating to watch Bitcoin evolve, as more players begin to understand the technology. Law enforcement, financial regulators, investors, big banks, Congress, and now the US military are all struggling to understand how Bitcoin and virtual currencies fit into our financial world of the future.

The only mildly disturbing entry into the Bitcoin world is the military, putting out bids to understand the role of virtual currencies in financing terror networks. Bitcoin Magazine discovered an unclassified memo that lists project funding for understanding cryptocurrencies and lists Bitcoin specifically. There are other government and law enforcement agencies working on understanding terrorist finances, and it’s hard to see the value in so many duplicate efforts. The core mission of the military is to be the best in the world at breaking things and killing people. The farther they stray from that core mission, the less desirable the outcome. Mission creep has rarely resulted in something good happening.

bitcoinYet the biggest threat to Bitcoin and virtual currencies doesn’t come from government or law enforcement; by far the more ominous threat to emerge is Wall Street. Big banks and electronic payment systems are studying the underlying technology of virtual currencies to see if public ledgers, like those used in Bitcoin, could have value in the financial services market. The answer to that question is most definitely “yes,” but that’s not really the question they’re trying to answer. What Wall Street wants to know is how it can implement the underlying technology to lower costs, while still maintaining its grip on the nation’s system of financial exchange.

Even Goldman Sachs believes the “blockchain” technology that underlies Bitcoin has commercial potential. The current money transfer system used by banks in the US is called the Automated Clearing House, or ACH network. ACH settles money transfers in business a day, an eternity in Internet time. That’s why it can take as long as three or four days to get money transferred from your PayPal account to your bank account. Bitcoin settles trades in minutes; and a newer variation of the blockchain technology, called Ripple, settles trades in seconds. All of those cryptocurrency transactions are carried out securely over public networks by systems that have no central authority.

There is even talk of banks using Bitcoin as a medium of exchange directly, but it seems more likely banks would develop their own digital currency for exchange, one that couldn’t be used in any other context.

It’s obvious by now that government is not going to be able to stop Bitcoin or other digital currencies. If the Chinese can’t stop digital currencies with a blanket prohibition, no one can. But Wall Street interests, working closely with the government regulators they’ve spent so much money shaping to their own benefit, represent a clear and viable threat to budding digital currency networks. Big money has the potential to corrupt the technology to its own devices, and then squash any would be competitors.

It’s not hard to imagine the outcome if Wall Street manages to reign in digital currency; just imagine what the Internet would look like today without net neutrality. Instead of an open and healthy marketplace, we would have a collection of Balkanized services controlled by a handful of players at the top. That’s why companies like AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast have all been so relentlessly attacking net neutrality and, until just recently, have been thwarted in those efforts.

Banks don’t like open markets or competition, and they’re not going to repeat the mistakes of history by letting competing technologies develop without challenge.

Sources:
http://redteanews.com/2014/05/07/why-does-the-us-military-think-bitcoin-is-a-terrorist-threat/#.U20i5PldXfI

-Redtea
Independent News for the Right-Minded American Cool

redteanews.com
Because bitcoin gives you anonymity,and that is something that the government and army can't control it,because they don't understand bitcoin,because the fear bitcoin!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:51:05 PM

Bitcoin isn't a "threat", it's a checkmate.

The game is over. Fiat lost.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Koko

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:57:04 PM

Time to invade Iran in search of Satoshi Nakamoto.
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:55:40 PM

The answer to this question I think is best answered by the last line in the parable "The Emperors New Clothes"
http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersholt/TheEmperorsNewClothes_e.html

"The Emperor shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, "This procession has got to go on."
So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all."

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:07:26 PM

because bitcoin is funding Al Qaedaaaa  Shocked

no wait, that is the CIA.. Grin
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 05:26:20 PM

In all seriousness, they're terrified by Bitcoin and they should be. The dawn of Cryptocurrency spells the end of the era of infinite pseudo-money printing for Military Industrial Complex war profiteers.

If you haven't already seen Bitcoin vs. Political Power, watch it. Watch it right now.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: