Print  
Author Topic: Delete  (Read 2065 times)
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:54:28 AM

If stuff really hit the fan then no I'm not ready for a disaster at the moment.  It is a great question and you get an idea how many people would struggle or worse.  I'd most likely work on acquiring weapons, safe shelter and supplies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:05:39 AM

That "disaster " day it may soon come..the americans and the russian are very seriously about ukraine problem..I live in Romania, near Ukraine, the Americans are moving some troops in Romania. This might be the WW III..

I'm sorry to say this but I think USA or EU will not start a war over Ukraine.
hope you are right but they are already moving troops in Romania..war is theyr solution for financial crisis...sad but true..

Romania is in NATO so it's obvious that troops are being moved. As I said I think they are not going to make war but they might not agree with me Wink
onlyu

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:34:05 PM

I want to ask a question, if any of us is prepared for a disaster, would it be still a disaster ?

Some are more prepare than other.

And those who are prepared will have the skill required to survive in the wilderness.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:40:13 PM

i'm not as prepared as i should be. i do watch survival shows though, so i know a few tips and tricks.. but i'd be fucked if i had to live that liefstyle  Cheesy

in a disaster, the most important things are food, water, and shelter.. so it's always a good idea to have some sort of water purifier, like chlorine or idione drops.. and some sort of cheap, non biodegradable food source.
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:42:50 PM

Hell no I am not prepared. But oh well, I don't think one will happen in the near future so I'm good.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
beetcoin

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:43:52 PM

Hell no I am not prepared. But oh well, I don't think one will happen in the near future so I'm good.

don't be so sure of that. the world economies are starting to crumble, and when that happens, there will be 7 billion people looking to have their meals, electricity, and water. i wouldn't be surprised to see this event occur within the next 20 years.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:19:01 PM

I am not prepared to live in an austere environment for long. Even though I have taught survival for about 20 years, I know that life in a disaster is so hard and so dangerous that my chances are slim. Survival means getting out of the disaster.
The emergency preparedness work I do currently focuses on massive disasters like pandemic flu or nuclear detonation. If I get deployed, it's bad.

Here I am:
http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/preparedness/weavr/

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:05:09 PM

I live in Los Angeles and we're supposed to be prepared for the big one, so as far as supplies I'm good for a month.  Problem is I have the biggest house on the block and as noted above everybody will want my stuff.  I really need to learn to use a gun and get a few decent defensive weapons.  LA has riots every 30 years, we're due for one  Shocked
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:14:24 PM

Start by making water a priority on your list. For each person in your home, you should have no less than 3 gallons (11.3 liters) of water on hand. This will give each person enough water to wash up, cook with, and drink for about three days. Since you cannot be sure that help and supplies will arrive that quickly, you may do well to store a seven-day ration of water to give you a better chance of survival. If you have a family of five people, this means storing 35 gallons (132.5 liters).

Next, stock up on canned foods, such as vegetables, fruits, and starches, but don't stick to just the boring selections like peas and potatoes. Instead, go for a variety of vegetables and include choices for satisfying your sweet tooth, such as peaches and pears. Include meats and soups, as consuming nothing but fruits and vegetables can grow tiresome rather quickly and won't provide you with protein. You can store things like canned tuna, corned beef, beef stew, chowder, and even Spam®. While these things may not be as nutritious as their fresh counterparts, they can help your body to stay nourished and your taste buds satisfied until help arrives.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
fdiini

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:31:23 PM

That "disaster " day it may soon come..the americans and the russian are very seriously about ukraine problem..I live in Romania, near Ukraine, the Americans are moving some troops in Romania. This might be the WW III..

The war in Ukraine is part of a larger game at played.

Plans were put in place long ago and events unfolding now are still small part of bigger plan being carry out.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:25:20 PM

The war in Ukraine is part of a larger game at played.

Plans were put in place long ago and events unfolding now are still small part of bigger plan being carry out.

Start the conspiracy train!

The US will not intervene into Ukraine, in case you missed it, the media stopped hyping it and moved on to other things. The populace wouldn't support a war, and so they had to move on.

It's all just interest everywhere. No conspiracy, just greed. American companies had things in Ukraine, but there's totally "NO AMERICAN INTEREST", and some people wanted to make money.

Few wars are actual conspiracies. If you looked around a bit more, you would discovery why some really happened, without conspiracy or "propaganda" as the conspiracy prophets would call it.

Wars happen because something is happening that someone can't fill their pockets to, and so the government gets involved, so that someone can fill their pocket.

Greed is not a conspiracy. It's when people exaggerate everything that it turns into a conspiracy. And those conspiracy theories are popularised with minimal evidence...

I am ready for the "Sheeple" and "Shill" comments to roll in, but those are my views.
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:48:21 PM

Not at all. I have no emergency supplies, no plan in place. My girl and I have never even talked about it. Maybe I should get on that..... Smiley

onlyu

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:14:35 AM

Oh now that you mention it i think i'm so anti-hell prepared  Tongue ; there is a refuge for nuclear bombs near here, my father has a store full

with cans of food and guns  Cool and in the backyard of my house there is a passing river, if something happens, we'll rule this town...

What make you think other aren't doing the same?

Do you have enough man power to fight for control?
ALToids

Activity: 519

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:21:45 AM

Oh now that you mention it i think i'm so anti-hell prepared  Tongue ; there is a refuge for nuclear bombs near here, my father has a store full

with cans of food and guns  Cool and in the backyard of my house there is a passing river, if something happens, we'll rule this town...

What make you think other aren't doing the same?

Do you have enough man power to fight for control?

I would have already moved into the bunker!
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:57:24 PM

I think if a real disaster would occur no preparations would help. You would just have to adapt and fight or cooperative to survive (something like in Walking Dead)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:13:20 PM

Here's some hard won experience.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:27:01 PM

I would like to be. But I've heard that if you're prepared for a zombie apocalypse, you're prepared for just about anything. Something to think about, no?
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:29:34 PM

My Plan ..

Take over the local WalMart SuperCenter and barricade the door behind me ..
I should be good for a couple of years .. Grin Wink Grin

If you fail  to plan then you plan to fail ..

Triff ..

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:51:48 PM

I realized that after a day or two of not having power in my area my car would be bone dry of gas after a day or two...My food supply would be severely in danger of running out along with my water and other basic needs if a real event were to happen.

Do you stock bottled water?  People always overlook this, but you will be dead in THREE DAYS without water.  You can go three weeks without food.

Bullshit, someone has gone 16 days without water, in a 24/7 supervised medical study, by staring into the sun during sunset and sunrise.

I'll go a week just to prove your wrong vod.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
beetcoin

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:13:56 PM

I realized that after a day or two of not having power in my area my car would be bone dry of gas after a day or two...My food supply would be severely in danger of running out along with my water and other basic needs if a real event were to happen.

Do you stock bottled water?  People always overlook this, but you will be dead in THREE DAYS without water.  You can go three weeks without food.

Bullshit, someone has gone 16 days without water, in a 24/7 supervised medical study, by staring into the sun during sunset and sunrise.

I'll go a week just to prove your wrong vod.

don't do it.. you'd be playing into his hands. it's a chance for him to actually make you kill yourself. don't you know this?  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: