Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:13:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Litecoin so cheap?  (Read 5870 times)
George.PK

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:40:16 AM

There are supposed to be four times more litecoins (84 million) than bitcoins (21 million) so with everything else being equal, Litecoin should cost 1/4 that of Bitcoin. But Litecoin is currently trading at about 10 dollars each while Bitcoin is trading at around 400-500 dollars each which makes it undervalued by a factor of 10.

Has it got something to do with the distribution curve (ie. more litecoins are produced in the first few years compared to Bitcoin)?

Production and circulation are you using to evaluate the value is obviously unreasonable.

Can determine the value of the only requirement

Yes, the price reflects the value.

Not obsessed with how much of the total

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:47:47 AM

Litecoin devs and community are doing nothing, they are just waiting for Bitcoin to go up and take LTC with them. more exciting coins in crypto industry.

Exactly , they believed that with scrypt asics and rise in litecoin difficulty , Litecoin price will behave the  same way as that of bitcoin , but that has not happened yet . Even with current difficulty , Litecoin price is not rising while many interesting things are happening with other coins.
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:23:22 PM

Litecoin devs and community are doing nothing, they are just waiting for Bitcoin to go up and take LTC with them. more exciting coins in crypto industry.

Ur right the devs do nothing , that's why every other clone coin here copies Litecoin and depends on Litecoin devs for updates. Warren Togami has contributed nothing to bitcoin. I agree coins that copy litecoin and have no hardcap and add a picture of a dog are much more exciting then litecoin.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
gary08

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:44:40 PM

Look at the  gold price and silver price ,in fact silver reserve is less than Gold, but the price is cheaper a lot than gold, the reason is people's acceptance ,if you are TOP ONE choice,you will get premium.

nagatlakshmi

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:54:03 PM

More markets need to accept LTC, to gain it's price.

rikkie

Activity: 574

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:54:58 PM

Should it be a good moment to buy Litecoin at this moment? Or do you think the price will still go down?
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:03:02 PM

Hard to say, at 0.024 is a strong support. Next days will show.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:33:55 PM

because asic manufactures will use your preorder money to build hardware, will mine with your hardware, dump coins in the market and send the crumbs to you.

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 07:55:54 PM

The OP is asking the wrong question.

The important question to answer is 'Why are any of these cryptos worth anything ?"

When you figure this out, you will know the answer to the OP's question too.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:41:13 PM

Litecoin is relatively small in relation to Bitcoin, that said Litecoin's market cap is greater than all the marketcaps of every other altcoin below it added together (correct me if I'm wrong). So it's in a kinda strong 2nd place below Bitcoin.

Everyone seems to have their own agenda accross the forums, Reddit etc. propagating positive or negative propaganda depending on which coin they choose, just remember cryptocurrencys need new faces not just the same ones switching their support from one coin to another. Newcomers probably take one look at the greedy caustic atmospher and say No thanks to any CryptoCurrency that's a problem for adoption.

Litecoin is cheap if you believe it will be worth $200+ one day, alternatively if you think it'll be worth 0 then it's expensive.

Bitrated user: Mick.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:13:48 PM

I believe it will be worth 10$ one day so its kinda boring

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:57:16 PM

Litecoin wealth distribution is massively skewed. worse than bitcoin yet not so plain to see.
insiders stocked up in anticipation for a run-up for a long time.

now we get the greed game almost as a microcosm of btc few years back. where  holders, having seen what happened in the past assume a massive price increase because of net hashrate increase and difficulty spike from first public large-scale sales of scrypt capable ASICS's.. yet its too obvious, it's too simple and it's already priced into market.

Reality is much more LTC will be dumped than buy support can come in to offset. LTC is not independent or free floating from BTC. If BTC down LTC down and the more fiat , attention, R&D is diverted away from the main man Bitcoin the worse LTC will fare too. At one point LTC offered a hedge from BTC's mining centralisation with it's alternative POW. now scrypt is broken for all intents and puroses- ltc doesn't have a real infrastructure. it's only got slight network affect of being longest running alt-coin or silver to btc's gold. the coin truly offers nothing of value over BTC and the only ones guaranteeing profit are the hardware manufacturers and resellers..just like the gold rush.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:16:10 AM

Ok everybody calm down , El dude is here to put the trolls in their place.

because asic are dumping like crazy

yes , because bitcoin asics "dumped like crazy" and the bitcoin price went down when asics came out , you fool. The opposite happened bitcoin went to $1200 when asics came out.

ehm no btc went to 1200 because of china, not because of asic, when KNC miner are dumping 1k btc a day

tell me why people should buy litecoin, when there are 300mh/s coming that will rape it so hard(the first one will rape it for sure)

not to mention that now litecoin is even more useless because there is no more difference between scrypt and sha256, both are centralized shit

QFT

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:33:06 AM

Have there been any major (or even minor) LTC developments lately?

Has LTC partnered with a major firm?  Has a major online retailer agreed to sign up and accept LTC?  Are there going to be any LTC ATM machines as per BTC?

As much as I like LTC, and hope that it goes up in value coz I hold a small amount, I cant see it doing much.

There is so much interest in other coins now that are actually offering the marketplace something usefull that LTC is just treading water it seems.

I dont devote my life to crypto currencies so i'm sure there is some action happening behind the scenes but unless LTC can announce something big, then it'll just be idling around $10 give or take until another altcoin takes it over.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:02:03 AM

Have there been any major (or even minor) LTC developments lately?

Has LTC partnered with a major firm?  Has a major online retailer agreed to sign up and accept LTC?  Are there going to be any LTC ATM machines as per BTC?

As much as I like LTC, and hope that it goes up in value coz I hold a small amount, I cant see it doing much.

There is so much interest in other coins now that are actually offering the marketplace something usefull that LTC is just treading water it seems.

I dont devote my life to crypto currencies so i'm sure there is some action happening behind the scenes but unless LTC can announce something big, then it'll just be idling around $10 give or take until another altcoin takes it over.

You have to remember, that LTC is like the "little brother" of BTC. We are a year behind in terms of quite a number of things. But with that said, LTC has made quite a bit of process in terms of acceptance and general public knowledge.

As far as large merchant acceptance it is a catch 22 like bitcoin is in right now with the really large institutions. We need merchants to accept LTC in order for the price to go higher to provide liquidy in order for the price to go higher so on and so forth.

As far as the idling around $10, this is a resulting fact mainly of the coupling that the price of LTC and BTC shares. If BTC goes up, we will have a nice raise in LTC price. Smiley

And yes, the LTC community is working hard with our coin. We set up a community projects section in our forums to help the Litecoin Association with their work in promoting and educating LTC and crypto's in general.

And people can really say what they want in terms of "other coins taking us over", but the fact of the matter is that our market cap is still larger than all other alts combined below us (much like BTC can state the same thing).

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
tatterz

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:30:28 AM

There are supposed to be four times more litecoins (84 million) than bitcoins (21 million) so with everything else being equal, Litecoin should cost 1/4 that of Bitcoin. But Litecoin is currently trading at about 10 dollars each while Bitcoin is trading at around 400-500 dollars each which makes it undervalued by a factor of 10.

Has it got something to do with the distribution curve (ie. more litecoins are produced in the first few years compared to Bitcoin)?

Namecoin has the same specs as bitcoin - 21 million coins. It is currently at $2.

Namecoin is undervalued!! With all things being equal, Namecoin should equal Bitcoin's price and be $450 right now.

/sarcasm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: