Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:33:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Unmoderated Libertycoin Thread.  (Read 1083 times)
blowmedev (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:43:29 AM

I know that many of you lost a lot of money on the LibertyCoin fiasco as did I. The "dev" of that coin deletes anything on the announcement thread that looks even remotely negative or speaks of his negligence and incompetence. it's my opinion that his deletions allow more scamming to happen against innocent miners who take him and his "team" at their word and lose their money even now.

This thread is for an open and free discussion of this coin and it's failed launch. No one will be banned or have their posts deleted because it doesn't fit my world view. Kind of the same thing the supposed "dev" of "Liberty" coin should understand. I mean really man, what liberty do you have when Orwellian thugs are deleting your every post.

What a joke. Liberty indeed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MinerMario

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:37:23 AM

In keeping with the free spirit of this thread, here is yet another valid email and question deleted and hidden by the "liberty" coin dev. Liberty. Just say what I want to hear and it's all good. Smiley

Quote from: mpalenciac on Today at 05:01:46 AM
Quote from: konamist on Today at 04:57:36 AM
I suggest LibertyCoin should be re-launched.

Have a look at the replies here, so many people lost their coins because of the scam pools, including me. When this coin hits an exchange, it is expected that a huge amount of coins (maybe half of the minted coins so far) will be dumped by the pool owners at nearly no cost, thus this coin will be easily killed.

Up to now there's still only one pool working normally, but this will probably lead to fork or 51% attack, therefore the current situation is very unhealthy.

If the dev finally decides to re-launch this coin, it is essential that there are at least three trustworthy and stable pools. Think about it.

We haven't scammed anyone, this is not our first pool, we have for example a dreamcoin pool running smoothly since it came out. There was an issue, no one is except of having problems, but we will not scam anyone and have taken measures for the payouts to resume.

Guy, I am glad that your dreamcoin pool works, but we are discussing this coin. This coin DOESN'T WORK!. Nothing is working correctly and half the pools of the OP are scammer pools. How the hell did the did scammer pools get first shot at the code to pre-register and get their pools up?

It's a catastrophe of a launch. Period. Simple. Done. It should either be re-launched or put to bed to die. And although I lost some miner time tonight I prefer the later. The devs on this coin can't be serious. They couldn't have tested a damn thing and they shouldn't be running a coin. This thing should die.

Just my 0.002 satoshi worth. 

Shitcoins are never "undervalued"
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:55:09 AM

Libertycoin is a big scam
Dev scamming peoples

miners not getting their coins
they are deleting users comment on their thread

security hole in their code
Dev can stealmine as much as XLB they want

in short
Libertycoin =  ScamCoin
MinerMario

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:06:25 AM

Dev scamming peoples

in short
Libertycoin =  ScamCoin

Either a scam, or they are just complete choads.

Is there a ChoadCoin yet? Perhaps I can clone "Liberty" and get me some stealmine too. Smiley

Shitcoins are never "undervalued"
carlo63

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:47:40 PM

Isn't this scam dev the same person who launched summercoin?
BBrNiko

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:48:35 PM

And this is why I don't bother checking new coins anymore.
elviselvis101

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:52:52 PM

You might be on to something, beginning to smell  Huh
But I don´t think pools are working with dev.
neilh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:13:58 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 12:49:50 PM by neilh

Dev scamming peoples

in short
Libertycoin =  ScamCoin

Please point to the code with problem...

https://github.com/liberty-project/LibertyCoin

========

The 24hash pool, have responded and giving some story
of a problem with the network. So who knows, but the
other pool thecryptopool is set to send out 500k after
fixing the problem they had with double payments going
to some miners.

24hash is set to pay out, so will see on that. thecryptopool
has been sending coins manually.

No point posting stuff without some kind of proof the
dev is scamming, and not seen any since I posted here!
cryptobuddy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:47:13 AM

If someone, but not the zerocoin dev, can claim he/she has an integrate the "zerocoin anonymous send" function, we already know he/she is a scammer.

Zerocoin anonymous send function is still under development.

If it is mature, zerocoin is already launched.

I am really surprised that many people here still support this type of scam coin.

If one lose money/computation power on this coin, I am sorry to say he/she deserves this loss.
cryptobuddy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:40:46 AM

Important ANN:

We received news from the Zerocoin Team itself that they have abandoned the zerocoin project. Zerocoin is now a dead project. We had started implementing their library to Libertycoin hoping to implement a fully functional and stable version when they released more updates. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do now. We will start removing the zerocoin library that we added to the code, and we will consult with our developer if there are other anonymizers we can deploy in the future. For the time being we will realease an update removing zerocoin from our code, and Libertycoin will remain as a great X11 100% proof of stake coin with 16.5 Million units.

About implementing the Zerocash
We will certainly study it, and if we consider it stable we will do it. They have already abandoned one project, so we don't want to take the risk of implementing something unstable that could be abandoned in the future. We paid a high price with zerocoin.

Now Libertycoin dev decided to remove the Zerocoin code from the Libertycoin. Then Libertycoin will be same as other X11 POW/POS coin, e.g. Badgercoin.
CryptoLyon

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:08:48 PM

I have seen it all in this forum. Funny that some of the cheerleaders supporters come to hate the same coin when they no longer hold and even funnier to see the same person to come back from being a hater to a supporter because now they hold that particular coin!
No one forces anyone to mine or buy any coin here and all I really have to say is:

LOW LIFE SCUM HYPOCRITES AND OPPORTUNISTS! THAT IS WHAT YOU ALL THAT SHOUT SCAM COINS ARE!

Go get some CoolcoinS, Smurfcoins, Freesbiescoins, Informationcoins because those are not scams of course. THEY ARE FREE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: