Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:34:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: merged mining  (Read 1163 times)
cnapsys (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:17:22 AM

Hey all,

I have recently set up my 2 antminers and they are both hashing away on eligius...
I noticed the other day that there is an option for adding a nmc address for merged mining.
How would I go about getting a nmc address?
My btc wallet was generated through the Armory installed on my pc.
I don't think armory has any support for nmc.
I read somewhere that you need to sign a msg with your btc wallet in order for eligius to accept your nmc addr.
Can I do that? And if so how?

Thank you in advance for your replies...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arcen

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:12:27 AM

its already merged mining on eligius.

to configure it - goto http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/mystats.php?cmd=options put ur nmc adress and sing it.  to have mnc adress - download namecoin wallet from http://namecoin.info/ and generate it.
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:28:30 PM

you can also merge-mine other coins: IXC, DVC
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 08:54:01 PM

you can also merge-mine other coins: IXC, DVC
Not on Eligius.  If you run your own p2pool node, you can merge-mine BTC, NMC, IXC, I0C, FSC, HUC, DVC.  On Eligius, it's NMC and BTC.

Hey all,

I have recently set up my 2 antminers and they are both hashing away on eligius...
I noticed the other day that there is an option for adding a nmc address for merged mining.
How would I go about getting a nmc address?
My btc wallet was generated through the Armory installed on my pc.
I don't think armory has any support for nmc.
I read somewhere that you need to sign a msg with your btc wallet in order for eligius to accept your nmc addr.
Can I do that? And if so how?

Thank you in advance for your replies...
You need to download and install the NMC wallet locally.  To sign a message with Armory, go to Tools -> Message Signing.  Enter your message (copy it from the line on Eligius) and then put the resulting signature back in the box provided in the Eligius page.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
MajidBC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:02:58 AM

Does merge mining make a considerable profit in comparison to solo (one coin) mining?
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:54:49 AM

You don't need to download a local wallet for namecoins to merge mine them. I just send mine to an exchange such as Cryptsy or BTC-e. I frequently Exchange them for BTC so I'm not worried about losing them if the exchange vanishes. Namecoins add about 1% to your total. DVC and IXC add virtually nothing and will never amount to much unless you're mining with multiple PH.

On the other hand, never use an exchange address for your mined bitcoins. Always use a local wallet.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:26:24 PM

You don't need to download a local wallet for namecoins to merge mine them. I just send mine to an exchange such as Cryptsy or BTC-e. I frequently Exchange them for BTC so I'm not worried about losing them if the exchange vanishes. Namecoins add about 1% to your total. DVC and IXC add virtually nothing and will never amount to much unless you're mining with multiple PH.

On the other hand, never use an exchange address for your mined bitcoins. Always use a local wallet.
How are you merge mining NMC?  Are you running your own pool with your own custom code to do so?  To merge mine any coin along with BTC, your pool must be able to call getBlockTemplate and generateTransaction for each of the coins you're merge mining.  It needs to look at the current coin's block and see if the share being evaluated will solve that block.  It's not just point to some wallet address, or you could merge mine every single SHA-256 coin out there.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:47:09 PM

How are you merge mining NMC?  Are you running your own pool with your own custom code to do so?  To merge mine any coin along with BTC, your pool must be able to call getBlockTemplate and generateTransaction for each of the coins you're merge mining.  It needs to look at the current coin's block and see if the share being evaluated will solve that block.  It's not just point to some wallet address, or you could merge mine every single SHA-256 coin out there.

I don't need to do any of what you said, the pool does it for me. Why are you trying to make this so complicated?

I mine on a pool (BTCGuild) that merge mines namecoin. I generated a NMC address on BTC-e and when my minimum payout is reached, BTCGuild sends the coins to the address.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:27:33 PM

How are you merge mining NMC?  Are you running your own pool with your own custom code to do so?  To merge mine any coin along with BTC, your pool must be able to call getBlockTemplate and generateTransaction for each of the coins you're merge mining.  It needs to look at the current coin's block and see if the share being evaluated will solve that block.  It's not just point to some wallet address, or you could merge mine every single SHA-256 coin out there.

I don't need to do any of what you said, the pool does it for me. Why are you trying to make this so complicated?

I mine on a pool (BTCGuild) that merge mines namecoin. I generated a NMC address on BTC-e and when my minimum payout is reached, BTCGuild sends the coins to the address.
I wasn't trying to make it complicated - I just misunderstood you Smiley.  You're absolutely right. A number of pools already merge-mine NMC: Eligius, GHash, BTCGuild... probably others.  All you need to do is supply your NMC address, which you can certainly do by creating one on an exchange like BTC-e or by downloading and installing NMC.  Sorry about the confusion.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: