Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:50:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: James DeAngelo from World Bitcoin Network got robbed?  (Read 3678 times)
Tai Zen (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 06:09:00 PM

I posted the following question on reddit and got a bigger response then I expected and wanted share it with everyone and get their thoughts:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/255mim/how_is_it_possible_that_james_deangelo_world/

Basically, I asked how is it possible that James DeAngelo (World Bitcoin Network) NOT on the 1st Annual Blockchain Award nomination list for the most informative podcast or insightful journalist or bitcoin champion?

Am I the only one who feels James got robbed of recognition for his efforts to educate and promote bitcoin to the public?

Jame's youtube channel is the most popular bitcoin channel on youtube with over 10,000 subscribers and he is not on the list of nominees?

I officially request an investigation into this matter!

This is unacceptable and questions the integrity and motive of the bitcoin foundation and blockchain.info...

What are your thoughts on this?

Tai Zen

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:26:11 PM

To be honest, while at first I find the virtual blackboard style of his presentation attractive, once you get into it his videos really aren't particularly good. They attempt to straddle the gap between a complete layperson and a technical audience, but in the process the accuracy of the presentation tends to really suffer.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:33:29 PM

its not a popularity contest. its not meant to be about subscriber numbers or how many people know their name.. its about who brings most to the community, who helps sculpt the bitcoin ecosystem into a better system then before.

anyone can make a video, but the true pioneers are those that act on what they say and actually do things.

this is kind of like saying a teacher that has taught 10,000 students about electricity at high school level deserves the nobel prize, instead of someone that invents free energy, or makes electricity generation more efficient for the whole world

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Tai Zen (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 08:02:25 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 08:28:36 PM by Tai Zen

its not a popularity contest. its not meant to be about subscriber numbers or how many people know their name.. its about who brings most to the community, who helps sculpt the bitcoin ecosystem into a better system then before.

anyone can make a video, but the true pioneers are those that act on what they say and actually do things.

this is kind of like saying a teacher that has taught 10,000 students about electricity at high school level deserves the nobel prize, instead of someone that invents free energy, or makes electricity generation more efficient for the whole world

"its not a popularity contest."

I agree it's not a popularity contest... the category of the award is for people who provide "insightful" or "informative" content about bitoin.  What exactly did you learn about bitcoin from the majority of the nominees?  besides andreas n roger?

"its about who brings most to the community,"
James brought 10,000+ to the bitcoin community... what are the stats on the combined total of the other nominees?  i'm going on hard facts not just speculation here...

"who helps sculpt the bitcoin ecosystem into a better system then before."

Tell me someone who actually calculated the true cost of a 51% attack n brought attention to the true cost of a 51% attack with hard concrete numbers and facts? Everyone in the bitcoin community cites $500 million+ for a 51% attack and we have someone who sheds the truth on it to make folks aware of the vulnerability of the network.  That makes a better ecosystem in my mind.

"this is kind of like saying a teacher that has taught 10,000 students about electricity at high school level deserves the nobel prize, instead of someone that invents free energy, or makes electricity generation more efficient for the whole world"
The folks were nominated for most insightful and informative...  over 10,000 people thought that james was insightful and informative enough to hit the SUBSCRIBE button so in my book, that's plenty evidence that his videos are informative and insightful.

Enjoy
Tai Zen

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:26:23 PM

I agree it's not a popularity contest... the category of the award is for people who provide "insightful" or "informative" content about bitoin.  What exactly did you learn about bitcoin from the majority of the nominees?  besides andreas n roger?

James brought 10,000+ to the bitcoin community... what are the stats on the combined total of the other nominees?  i'm going on hard facts not just speculation here...

out of the 10k subscibers alot were already bitcoin holders. yet for instance bitpay helped over 20k merchants to accept bitcoin. thus based on numbers of people, bitpay wins th poplarity contest

Tell me someone who actually calculated the true cost of a 51% attack n brought attention to the true cost of a 51% attack with hard concrete numbers and facts? Everyone in the bitcoin community cites $500 million+ for a 51% attack and we have someone who sheds the truth on it to make folks aware of the vulnerability of the network.  That makes a better ecosystem in my mind.

actually his pricing of a 51% is wrong and not really that inspirational/insightful. i can do a 51% far cheaper then his valuation. plus
there is no need for me to buy any hardware either.... (i bet your thinking thats impossible right now)

so here is my insight to the costs of a 51% attack
no hardware costs. just the cost to BRIBE the pool owners of the top 3 pools (ill leave you to imagine that theory)

"instead of someone that invents free energy, or makes electricity generation more efficient for the whole world"
What code did the other nominees contribute to bitcoin?

the guy that made blockchain.info gave more to the community then someone making youtube videos

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Tai Zen (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 08:32:07 PM

out of the 10k subscibers alot were already bitcoin holders. yet for instance bitpay helped over 20k merchants to accept bitcoin. thus based on numbers of people, bitpay wins th poplarity contest

actually his pricing of a 51% is wrong and not really that inspirational/insightful. i can do a 51% far cheaper then his valuation. plus
there is no need for me to buy any hardware either.... (i bet your thinking thats impossible right now)

so here is my insight to the costs of a 51% attack
no hardware costs. just the cost to BRIBE the pool owners of the top 3 pools (ill leave you to imagine that theory)

"instead of someone that invents free energy, or makes electricity generation more efficient for the whole world"
What code did the other nominees contribute to bitcoin?

the guy that made blockchain.info gave more to the community then someone making youtube videos

The categories are "most insightful" and "most informative".

I dont' know why you bring up bitpay or blockchain.info.

Neither party are in the category of most insightful or informative...

Not sure what you are trying to say.

Tai Zen

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:55:50 PM

his bitcoin videos are the best i've seen.

cryptos

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:28:26 PM

I agree, he has made the most thoughtful and informative videos about bitcoin than anyone else on youtube.  Disgrace he is not on list.
Fugofugo

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:16:27 AM

I totally agree with you, friend
Balls

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:39:59 AM

Just goes to show you you can never be too secure.
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:41:37 AM

Anybody here could've nominated the guy, and if he was in the top 3 during that stage, he would've ended up on the ballot.

People didn't nominate him in large enough numbers, therefore he's not in the thing.

I don't see what the problem in any of this is.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:49:25 AM

Anybody here could've nominated the guy, and if he was in the top 3 during that stage, he would've ended up on the ballot.

People didn't nominate him in large enough numbers, therefore he's not in the thing.

agreed. although his videos do have a more sensible and method to make 'laymen' understand them.. they are not what i would consider insightful in comparison to other things.

i have watched many of his videos and never had a "wow, this has blown my mind" (insightful)

i agree that it is informative, but there are many others that are informative, to be honest andreas antonopolis has really nailed the insightful and informative category more so then D'Angelo

so if i had a list of 100 people that were insightful and inspirational. D'angelo would be in the top 20. but not the top 5   

Tai Zen (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:16:45 AM

agreed. although his videos do have a more sensible and method to make 'laymen' understand them.. they are not what i would consider insightful in comparison to other things.

i have watched many of his videos and never had a "wow, this has blown my mind" (insightful)

i agree that it is informative, but there are many others that are informative, to be honest andreas antonopolis has really nailed the insightful and informative category more so then D'Angelo

so if i had a list of 100 people that were insightful and inspirational. D'angelo would be in the top 20. but not the top 5   

Fair enough...

I would be interested to see your top 5 besides andreas so i can learn something new...

Tai Zen

YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 10:29:39 PM

Why was James DeAngelo's YouTube channel, World Bitcoin Network, changed to congressional research institute -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgo7FCCPuylVk4luP3JAgVw/about with all his uploaded videos deleted?

<discovered while populating the table in this OP -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1858841.msg18488061#msg18488061>

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: