Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 2404 times)
fabrizziop (OP)

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:05:02 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 01:43:00 AM by fabrizziop

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:09:53 AM

If that's really what you want it for then might I suggest:

http://www.spendbitcoins.com/

or

http://giftcoin.net/

No bank account needed. As far as I know you would not be able to get a bank account anywhere in north america with the situation you described. Feel free to send some coins if this helps you reinvest.
Revalin

Activity: 728

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:17:37 AM

I suggest trying this list of online-only banks.  I don't know if any meet your requirements, but it's a good starting point.  http://www.pfstuff.com/

I know it's hard to get an account as a nonresident.  If you don't succeed, I can at least solve the problem of VEF devaluing against the USD: if you trust a Bitcoin exchange that supports USD, just keep your money as USD there, and trade to BTC when you want to spend.  If you would prefer to work with a domestic (VE) institution, you can do the same with the forex markets: just deposit your VEF, trade to USD, and only trade back when you want to spend.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:22:17 AM

1. Your grammar is quite well for a 14 year old.

2. Ask Mom/Dad/Guardian

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_of_minors <-- But won't work in your situation.

4. wth?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
stabaho

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 09:27:30 AM

You can try perkstreet, its an online bank. You can open an account without ever meeting anyone.
You could also get a green dot/rush card/money network card and link that with dwolla and paypal with the direct deposit numbers.
MacRohard

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 02:35:53 PM

Perkstreet asks me SSN, so it's a no go. I'll look into Green Dot, although for that I better get the prepaid visa cards from bitcoincashout if/when they have stock.

Your best bet is probably to get an offshore USD account - they're used to dealing with foreign mailing addresses. I imagine there may be some that still have access to the US ACH system.

BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 03:28:51 PM

Look into an E-Trade brokerage account. It used to be you could open one easily as a non-resident and it has many of the same features as a bank account. It had a $1000 minimum opening balance before but it's been years and I have no idea if all that has changed. There used to be sellers on eBay who sold this "secret" for $5-10!

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 09:05:55 AM

Look into an E-Trade brokerage account. It used to be you could open one easily as a non-resident and it has many of the same features as a bank account. It had a $1000 minimum opening balance before but it's been years and I have no idea if all that has changed. There used to be sellers on eBay who sold this "secret" for $5-10!
Nah, you need to be a resident of US now to open an account automatically online, and deposit a minimum of $2000. However, you could phone them and try getting one if you really want to without being a resident (knew a guy who did that).

Your best bet is getting a P.O. box within USA (and its quite easy to) to verify your Chase account. I used to use LR as an offshore bank though as they don't need any forms of verification ... Grin easy to convert to other forms of money (paypal or bitcoins and so)
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 07:18:50 PM

Perhaps a bank isn't needed.

A bank is useful for things like paying bills and recieving a wage that can only be paid that way. If you 've got to have this functionality a building society or credit union can also fill that role.

If you don't actually need this then... why not enjoy staying off the radar?

The other thing it might be useful for is building an identity, so you can show you are a reliable person with a bank account I suppose.

But everything else can be done by other means.

A simple one would be a Moneybookers account with a card. Same thing for a million and one other providers.

You should define here what things you need in a bank account. Is it something to pay something into?

If you want US dollars I believe any account in dollars gets funds routed through the US and thus has more scrutiny. You also probably get a lot of prying from the US anyway in general as well.

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 07:20:21 PM

Hi. I'm less than 18 years old.

I'm in Miami, so the bank need to have a branch around here.

Would you perhaps be that scamming teenager from Florida that ripped people off in the Marketplace and on IRC?

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 10:25:52 AM

Would you perhaps be that scamming teenager from Florida that ripped people off in the Marketplace and on IRC?

I'm shocked that you don't find the OP credible Matthew.  Shocked, I tells you!

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 10:39:55 AM

I'm shocked that you don't find the OP credible Matthew.  Shocked, I tells you!

Me loves some drama. Trolololol.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: