Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:31:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 457 HOLY SHIT  (Read 5520 times)
metstijl (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:29:43 PM

:O :O
:3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:30:59 PM

Do it bitcoin. Do it now.
Arghhh

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:41:24 PM

┗(°0°)┛
BTCLotto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 10:43:08 PM

Enjoy it, won't last long still someone lurking not too far waiting to dump 166+BTC...

http://BitcoinValue.net-Bitcoin Price Calculator and in-depth blog on Bitcoin Economics/Value.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:55:33 PM

457 really aint that big of a deal.

But it does look like we are breaking out of the negative downtrend Smiley
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:20:25 PM

Downtrend still on, nothing to see here, continue selling and placing 380 and below bids.

Grin
kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:31:59 PM

It's nothing we haven't seen before. The recent highs keep getting lower, the adoption rate has slowed down. The price will probably go back down to the low $400s come Monday.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:35:10 PM

This is the beginning of a trend reversal. It might not pull through this time but the bull pressure is building  Cool

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:37:04 PM

Downtrend still on, nothing to see here, continue selling and placing 380 and below bids.

Grin

these posts. i love.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:51:26 PM

This is the beginning of a trend reversal. It might not pull through this time but the bull pressure is building  Cool

the bulls have been gathering for a couple of weeks now, soon they'll all storm and trample those bears and make them hide in their caves and cry for a couple of months and then the whole process will repeat itself again.
akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:43:00 AM

Almost there  Grin Grin Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:49:50 AM

I don't mean to intrude with my down-home know-nothing perspective, but it seems to me like we're in a period of "flippant uncertainty" where nobody really knows what to do. We're still way behind our regularly scheduled breakout period, but there's so much confidence that we'll break out that people are willing to gamble a little early, maybe out of laziness/impatience. Any movement that happens within the next couple months will probably be (relatively) minor and corrected within a week. $420->$450 is tony bologna.

Perfect time to loan some money on the leverage market and go to the bar.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:05:10 AM

I don't mean to intrude with my down-home know-nothing perspective, but it seems to me like we're in a period of "flippant uncertainty" where nobody really knows what to do. We're still way behind our regularly scheduled breakout period, but there's so much confidence that we'll break out that people are willing to gamble a little early, maybe out of laziness/impatience. Any movement that happens within the next couple months will probably be (relatively) minor and corrected within a week. $420->$450 is tony bologna.

If everyone was so confident of the break out, then would they not already be going long Bitcoin? After all, we have just broken out from the wave 4 trendline extending back to the $1160 high as per the linear chart (and $30 away from doing so on the log chart).

Ultra low volume on a 'break out' from a 5 month downtrend?

Seems a bit crumbly to me.

I suspect that investors are waiting on China to do something. They are the market makers after all and the future of Bitcoin is hanging by a thread there. Who is going to go long right now when they may wake up on Monday to all the Chinese exchanges being shut-down and a shit-ton of coins making their way to USD markets in order to cash out?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:40:07 AM

If everyone was so confident of the break out, then would they not already be going long Bitcoin? After all, we have just broken out from the wave 4 trendline from the the $1160 high as per the linear chart (and $30 away from doing so on the log chart).

I suspect that investors are waiting on China to do something. They are the market makers after all and the future of Bitcoin is hanging by a thread there. Who is going to go long right now when they may wake up on Monday to all the Chinese exchanges being shut-down and a shit-ton of coins making their way to USD markets in order to cash out?
Why would I tie up money during a waiting period (based on previously-played-out cycle patterns)?  From ~$2 to now, we've always had the same kind of cycles where we see a bubble beyond our dreams, relatively slow crumbling of the bubble followed by a quick pop, then a long period of ~, followed by a slow ramp-up, and then another bubble. I really doubt Chinese law matters in the long-term, and I don't find compelling the idea that China would disallow Chinese exchanges from operating but permit the exchange of USD<->BTC acceptable. The Chinese would likely end up defying law, but if they're all going to defy the law, how is it not an over-reaction to sell coins? /drunken speculation
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:07:27 AM

If everyone was so confident of the break out, then would they not already be going long Bitcoin? After all, we have just broken out from the wave 4 trendline from the the $1160 high as per the linear chart (and $30 away from doing so on the log chart).

Why would I tie up money during a waiting period (based on previously-played-out cycle patterns)?  From ~$2 to now, we've always had the same kind of cycles where we see a bubble beyond our dreams, relatively slow crumbling of the bubble followed by a quick pop, then a long period of ~, followed by a slow ramp-up, and then another bubble. I really doubt Chinese law matters in the long-term, and I don't find compelling the idea that China would disallow Chinese exchanges from operating but permit the exchange of USD<->BTC acceptable. The Chinese would likely end up defying law, but if they're all going to defy the law, how is it not an over-reaction to sell coins? /drunken speculation

Hey this guy has a good point here. For those of us who are avid traders/investors, it is more beneficial for us to trade other assets during slow periods, than to hodl bitcoins, even if we end up buying back at a higher price.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:11:42 AM

Hey this guy has a good point here. For those of us who are avid traders/investors, it is more beneficial for us to trade other assets during slow periods, than to hodl bitcoins, even if we end up buying back at a higher price.
Unless you can hodl bitcoins while also taking positions in other assets.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:40:12 AM

Don't forget what you were saying a few months ago Mat, that we would know when the low was in by the fact that it dragged on slowly for plenty of time. How can you have that with the kind of a "break out" you mention? Perhaps the current market is what you were talking about?

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:13:19 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 05:07:48 PM by MatTheCat

Don't forget what you were saying a few months ago Mat, that we would know when the low was in by the fact that it dragged on slowly for plenty of time. How can you have that with the kind of a "break out" you mention? Perhaps the current market is what you were talking about?

I think that the intermediate low is either in, or soon will be in. But if it isn't in, then it could be quite some low indeed....one last huff and gasp from the dying China perhaps, in the form of a shit ton of coin hitting Bitstamp/BTC-e for cash out into USD, which is the whole point of Bitcoin to many Chinese investors anyhow. It was always about capital flight for these guys....and of course gambling. So China to my view aint over yet and until it is, there still hangs that potential for a storm of selling pressure over Bitcoin.

EDIT:

I would also add that on the log-chart (the chart I am using for the 'bigger picture'), there has been no break out. As can be viewed from the chart below, Bitcoin is slap bang in the middle of an intermediate resistance trendline and a long term support trendline, and actually hovering exceedingly close to the long term support trendline when compared with the longer term resistance line:

Since we are talking about a move from around $10 to $1150, and then back down to $400 range, I think that perhaps the log chart is the one people should be looking at when considering Bitcoin on the longer term?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:25:46 AM

Lol looks like people even dump for $10 profit. Probably this will be hard to pass these days.... Even though I wrote that I got a good feeling about the future....
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:38:06 PM

Lol looks like people even dump for $10 profit. Probably this will be hard to pass these days.... Even though I wrote that I got a good feeling about the future....

People always dumped for $10 profit.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: