Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:20:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: zero hour for the downtrend  (Read 2648 times)
jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 06:46:35 AM

make or break nightowls...what will it be?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 06:56:53 AM

and action

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 07:02:52 AM

Whoever just cleared the last of my old sells at $6.50 has my gratitude.  Of course, if it hits $7 before it hits $6 from here, I'll wish I hadn't said anything publicly.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 07:02:59 AM

wow
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 07:10:08 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2012, 07:23:33 AM by Serge

good morning Europe! have a nice rally!  Grin   6.53
jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 07:13:21 AM

last call for bullville and points upward, this is the last call

woooooowoooooooooooooo

jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 07:40:34 AM

and 07:38 a 5K bidwall comes in at 6.5

Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 07:59:41 AM

Whoever just cleared the last of my old sells at $6.50 has my gratitude.  Of course, if it hits $7 before it hits $6 from here, I'll wish I hadn't said anything publicly.

I also made a bad sell on 6.5 but not too bad.  I think the time is ripe for another major sell.

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:01:01 AM

maybe so, right on the hour the 5K wall dropped away

Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 08:02:18 AM

Wow, someone sold 288btc and that 5k wall disappeared, probably another fake bitcoinica position.

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:15:09 AM

i love how people say 'fake walls' like they never adjust their own positions depending on market movements.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:54:23 AM

Wow, someone sold 288btc and that 5k wall disappeared, probably another fake bitcoinica position.

There's a big red bar around 5k large showing in clarkmoody, at around 8.00, so my guess is it was sold into.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 12:40:34 PM

Kudos for patience. I sold another batch too low, frankly I didn't believe they would rally this high, especially not right away.

@Thread:
Are trends some kind of new religion? Why should the trading price over time be aligned to straight lines, and even if they are at times, why should it have some special meaning?
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 02:58:56 PM

@Thread:
Are trends some kind of new religion? Why should the trading price over time be aligned to straight lines, and even if they are at times, why should it have some special meaning?

if everyone believes in them they become self-fulfilling prophecies,  of course market adjusts and takes turns when confidence on a direction is overwhelmed.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 03:05:26 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2012, 03:35:36 PM by teflone

Trend lines are drawn to reinforce the trend drawers opinion... plain and simple..

I could draw a million different trend lines for any opinion...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 03:23:22 PM

Kudos for patience. I sold another batch too low, frankly I didn't believe they would rally this high, especially not right away.

@Thread:

Much of it is self-fulfilling - but I think there is a grain of objective phenomena in them - if you want to buy and you see the price climbing you try to adjust your offer and people do that adjustment as if the price was moving linearly.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 03:24:57 PM

Trend lines are drawing to reinforce the trend drawers opinion... plain and simple..

I could draw a million different trend lines for any opinion...

It's how often the predictions are correct is what counts.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:15:46 PM

Trends, walls, triangles... You might as well put your faith in Bob!
+1

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:17:24 PM

@Thread:

Support and Resistance.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 04:33:14 PM

Support and Resistance.

The trend lines I see drawn here are too extreme to be a level of some stable market equilibrium. It would be psychological reverse-engineering at best.

But this is a double-edged sword. It will skew the probability distribution of short-term price, which may give a better-than-50% chance to guess right, but much more punishment if one guesses wrong. Kind of like the margin trading of predictions. Gets especially interesting when used in margin trading for maximum short-time profits but heavy risk.

Have you ever done a Bayesian analysis of the probability for breaking a trend? I assure you, it is not uniform along the trend. And a straight line does not inform you of that probability... It's just a 'totem'.

It's skew. Third moment, no? Expectation value is current equilibrium price (first moment), variance is related to volatility (second moment) and skew is related to an ongoing trend (third moment). You can disassemble a situation into these three (and the higher ones if you feel like being cool).

With that, trends would be allowed to exist without allowing to profit off them in average, apart from risk analysis à la Kelly Criterion.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: