Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:38:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the hashrate going?  (Read 625 times)
homey108 (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:00:49 AM

The total hashrate from wafflepool and WeMineLitecoin has dropped quite drastically lately.  I would think with some gridseeds and other ASICS trickling into the game it would rise.

Why the big drop in total hashrate in the last few days?

What am I missing? Doesn't seem logical to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 11:07:41 AM

The total hashrate from wafflepool and WeMineLitecoin has dropped quite drastically lately.  I would think with some gridseeds and other ASICS trickling into the game it would rise.

I run once on waffle pool 12hours at 0.7MH/s gave me (didn't give anything actually since you need to reach 0.01BTC) 0.00009BTC...after 12hours...  won't do it twice
Poor choice of coins, low payout, that's plenty of good reason to not going there...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
homey108 (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:18:32 AM

I hear you, but if you look at the stats, it does better than most others.

http://poolpicker.eu/

It's not only a big drop at at wafflepool.   WeMineLitecoin has lost 30% of their total hashrate.

Is this just all the GPU miners calling it quits or is the hashrate going to other coins/protocols?

I find it very strange and wish I understood it. I really thought that we'd be seeing the total hashrates going up in multipools and the big Litecoin pools.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:58:07 AM

It's not only a big drop at at wafflepool.   WeMineLitecoin has lost 30% of their total hashrate.

Is this just all the GPU miners calling it quits or is the hashrate going to other coins/protocols?

I find it very strange and wish I understood it. I really thought that we'd be seeing the total hashrates going up in multipools and the big Litecoin pools.

It could be many GPU rigs turning to mine DRK as its value shows a jump yesterday .
stacksmasher

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:59:00 AM

We are still making big bucks but unlike the past..... people are finally keeping their MOUTH SHUT!!!

Why would we spoon feed people when ultimately it takes money out of out our pockets. Thats why all the multipools are dying.

It could be many GPU rigs turning to mine DRK as its value shows a jump yesterday .
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:55:03 AM

The total hashrate from wafflepool and WeMineLitecoin has dropped quite drastically lately.  I would think with some gridseeds and other ASICS trickling into the game it would rise.

I am not a big player but I may be typical.    I turned off some of my GPU scrypt miners as they are not profitable currently.  Maybe they are under DRK but with the heat they make it made sense to shut them down for now.

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:34:22 AM

We are still making big bucks but unlike the past..... people are finally keeping their MOUTH SHUT!!!

Why would we spoon feed people when ultimately it takes money out of out our pockets. Thats why all the multipools are dying.

And that's almost sound logic.  Almost.  Well, it almost comes close to being sound logic.  Never mind, close only counts in horseshoes, hand-grenades, and nuclear war.

So here's the thing.  It's only a matter of time until some industrious 20-something markets a pool that automates the process of mining smaller more profitable coin and converting again to the bitcoin gold-standard.  that's what H2O or whoever the middlecoin is did last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again. 

That guy was making $4K - $7K+ daily just on 2% or whatever fees and he was "the" pool to be in for the better part of a year. 

Nice theory though about "keeping their MOUTH SHUT."  It's fun to daydream.  Yes, I like to daydream and eat cotton candy, point at magical unicorns and such while frolicking in the wood... or whatever it is that I do in daydreams.

So let me daydream an explanation that is more inclusive of important details:

1.  The $1K-ish btc prices have been gone for months.  if we hit 6-700+ you'll see people mining with whatever they can.  The current prices are break-even for many and not even profitable for some so they turn off the GPU miners. 

2.  Asics are arriving but many of the people using them are the same people who previously had GPUs and they are being wise in how much they put into Asics because it's not unlikely that GPU mfrs will be putting out amazing power efficient cards in the near future: 750 Ti is just the tip of the iceberg.

3. No one keeps their mouth shut.  LOL

4.  It's summer, it's hot.  Another reason for traditional GPU miners to drop out and not everyone has the fiat to invest into Asics

5. There was a buzz and a honeymoon period in the past 6 months.  A lot of noobs bought GPU rigs and had no idea how hard it would be.  You can see some of these folks selling their equipment now in various threads usually with a line something like, "I've had enough of mining for now" or "Mining wasn't for me" or "wife got fed up with mining" etc etc etc

6.  Some industrious miners with nothing but time on their hands or are highly motivated have moved on to explore mining the x11, vert, dark coins, or whatever else. 

7.  When you tally up just the coin switching multi-pools you are talking over half of the LTC network hashrate.  Not saying this means that everyone is mining ltc or even scrypt.  Just saying that the majority still are.  So to say that there's been any monumental movement of mouth-shut miners to some promised land of dark coin profit is not tangible. 

That's how I see it.  So really, not saying you're totally wrong.  Just that you're close and that's there's way more to consider in all this.  To simply say it's dark coin or whatever a niche group is off doing is narrow and non-inclusive of important details. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
stacksmasher

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:00:06 AM

Cool story bro!!!

The difference between all of the people you described and me is I am running 26Mh/s and still earning .010 per Mh/s per 24hr.     ; )

And that's almost sound logic.  Almost.  Well, it almost comes close to being sound logic.  Never mind, close only counts in horseshoes, hand-grenades, and nuclear war.

So here's the thing.  It's only a matter of time until some industrious 20-something markets a pool that automates the process of mining smaller more profitable coin and converting again to the bitcoin gold-standard.  that's what H2O or whoever the middlecoin is did last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again. 

That guy was making $4K - $7K+ daily just on 2% or whatever fees and he was "the" pool to be in for the better part of a year. 

Nice theory though about "keeping their MOUTH SHUT."  It's fun to daydream.  Yes, I like to daydream and eat cotton candy, point at magical unicorns and such while frolicking in the wood... or whatever it is that I do in daydreams.

So let me daydream an explanation that is more inclusive of important details:

1.  The $1K-ish btc prices have been gone for months.  if we hit 6-700+ you'll see people mining with whatever they can.  The current prices are break-even for many and not even profitable for some so they turn off the GPU miners. 

2.  Asics are arriving but many of the people using them are the same people who previously had GPUs and they are being wise in how much they put into Asics because it's not unlikely that GPU mfrs will be putting out amazing power efficient cards in the near future: 750 Ti is just the tip of the iceberg.

3. No one keeps their mouth shut.  LOL

4.  It's summer, it's hot.  Another reason for traditional GPU miners to drop out and not everyone has the fiat to invest into Asics

5. There was a buzz and a honeymoon period in the past 6 months.  A lot of noobs bought GPU rigs and had no idea how hard it would be.  You can see some of these folks selling their equipment now in various threads usually with a line something like, "I've had enough of mining for now" or "Mining wasn't for me" or "wife got fed up with mining" etc etc etc

6.  Some industrious miners with nothing but time on their hands or are highly motivated have moved on to explore mining the x11, vert, dark coins, or whatever else. 

7.  When you tally up just the coin switching multi-pools you are talking over half of the LTC network hashrate.  Not saying this means that everyone is mining ltc or even scrypt.  Just saying that the majority still are.  So to say that there's been any monumental movement of mouth-shut miners to some promised land of dark coin profit is not tangible. 

That's how I see it.  So really, not saying you're totally wrong.  Just that you're close and that's there's way more to consider in all this.  To simply say it's dark coin or whatever a niche group is off doing is narrow and non-inclusive of important details. 
dspair

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:25:46 AM

Are you from scrypt.cc? They too know some super profitable coins nobody knows about  Grin
stacksmasher

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:33:30 AM

Nope. Private pool, invite only. We don't have to worry about DDOS or scammers because its all people from the same area.

We also have guys who write custom miners for specific coins along with shifting the hashrate during coin launches to maximize profits.

We are all GPU so when the big SCRYPT-ASICS start destroying the current coins we will shift over to SCRYPT-N or whatever.

X11 is dead.... we had a guy at the last local 2600 meeting that had a X11 driver for his grid seeds..

Are you from scrypt.cc? They too know some super profitable coins nobody knows about  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: