Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:35:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A ducted central heating system using KnC Bitcoin mining equipment  (Read 677 times)
platosays (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:22:34 AM

My name is David Sanger Kildare and I have invented a ducted central heating system using KnC Bitcoin mining equipment.  Climate change is going to be a real problem in the future according to Michio Kaku in his book Physics of the Future and the source of the problem will be computers and the heat they produce.  Anyone involved in Bitcoin mining will already be aware of this problem.  I've been mining Bitcoins using KNC Saturn and Jupiter miners and they sure put out a load of heat (and noise) so I came up with this invention to make good use of it.  I'm copy-lefting this invention and encourage others to make good use of it.  The same concept could be used for any hot-air devices/dryers etc.  I've spent over £10,000 putting this together and ideally want to use KNC Jupiters as they put out the most heat per unit.  If you would like to help me develop this invention, any donations to my Bitcoin Wally will be gratefully accepted.

http://youtu.be/6YNzjmagxnA

Bitcoin donations 16tMHvteVh2LhDKeV3KfALHbs2TBCc1HXj
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:38:44 AM

Climate change is going to be a real problem in the future according to Michio Kaku in his book Physics of the Future and the source of the problem will be computers and the heat they produce.  

No. I've never read the book, but I guarantee that you're misrepresenting what Kaku is saying, because the idea that the heat emitted from computers themselves would cause climate change (rather than the emissions from producing the electricity driving them in the first place) is legitimately crazy.

Furthermore if the heat convection of computers themselves are the problem, then reclaiming that heat for a useful purpose like described is pointless to solving this supposed problem, from a thermodynamic perspective, because you've still introduced that same amount of heat into the system.

The environmental benefit of such a setup obviously comes from a reduction in the amount of energy used specifically for heating in the first place by repurposing the heat emitted from devices that you would've been running anyway. That takes the whole thing back to energy generation being causative. So how on earth can that sentence make any sense at all?
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:42:08 AM

Its a cool idea, but is it energy efficient? Wouldn't normal heating system cost less?
sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 281

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:29:03 PM

If you already have bought mining equipment and once bitcoin mining equipment is no longer efficient for mining, you might as well put it to some other use.  I am curious how energy inefficient such a system would be.

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: