Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:21:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how much would you ask to create (me) a cryptocoin variation ?  (Read 1881 times)
bracek (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:31:25 PM

most of the work could be copied from existing coins,
but there would be some features that do not exist anywhere.

It would not be a currency, but more something like namecoin hybrid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bracek (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 09:02:45 PM

you could send me a PM , if interested
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2012, 10:39:17 PM

Why keep this secret? Open source is good for projects like this.

bracek (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 10:45:11 PM

maybe I want to get something out of it for myself first ?
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 12:25:20 AM

You aren't going to get very far if you have no users though, and keeping it private means you're basically screwed unless you somehow find users who are happy to use a proprietary bitcoin modification that they probably have no idea what it could do to their systems...

drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 12:25:48 AM

maybe I want to get something out of it for myself first ?

someone wants to make their own scamcoin but doesn't want to do it themselves

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 12:46:19 AM

Gee, wanting to set up a massive pre-mine so you can play the pump and dump game from the front of the conga line? AND being too lazy to set it up yourself?

That is just sooo 2011!

Why not offer up your modifications in response to a bounty to improve an existing coin system?
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 07:54:58 AM

Based on the Good Wife, I don't want to go to jail for 10 years because I created a currency.
bracek (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 02:57:22 PM

Gee, wanting to set up a massive pre-mine so you can play the pump and dump game from the front of the conga line? AND being too lazy to set it up yourself?

That is just sooo 2011!

Why not offer up your modifications in response to a bounty to improve an existing coin system?

asking for a help, yet most of replays are attacking...

I would do it myself if I was able to.

Where can I get that bounty you are mentioning ?

the thing is, this is not competitor of coins, but a system that would improve all of the existing ones,
something that would go in parallel to all crypto currencies.

I would premine maybe 10% of the volume, share it with developer that would do the coding,
it would be a "gift" to community, but I would like to rely on my own terms of appreciation,
and not charity or recognition, or some other kind of gratification.

ok?
bracek (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 03:07:54 PM

this would be open source, just after a little bit of preminig Smiley
I mean, why not ?
If people do not like the idea, I get nothing, but pay a developer from this community.
U think Satoshi did not stash away a few coins for himself ?
LoupGaroux

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 08:26:17 PM

That is just sooo 2011!

asking for a help, yet most of replays are attacking...

I would do it myself if I was able to.

Where can I get that bounty you are mentioning ?

the thing is, this is not competitor of coins, but a system that would improve all of the existing ones,
something that would go in parallel to all crypto currencies.

I would premine maybe 10% of the volume, share it with developer that would do the coding,
it would be a "gift" to community, but I would like to rely on my own terms of appreciation,
and not charity or recognition, or some other kind of gratification.

ok?

What the world needs in NOT another cryptocurrency. If your "modifications" are so effective, throw them out into the wild, developers will certainly implement them, and I am sure the community will throw bouquets of bonuses your way.

A 10% premine is not a gift to the community, it is a brutal rape, and to think that any tweak to the system would be worth 10% of anything is insulting and greedy. Especially if yoiu are trying to get somebody else to produce it for you, seemingly on the vague promise that the coder would get the benefit of your premine. That model only works with stupid coders and a massive pump and dump, which is just another way of clearly showing the world that what you propose is bullshit, not innovation.

Sorry if you feel that "replay" (sic) is an attack, it is how this member of the community sees your request. Coming to a community predicated on open source and telling the world you want to determine how much the world owes you for your mysterious brilliant improvements which you are not willing to introduce in an open way is insulting and crude, and smacks of drive-by profiteering.

Learn from the responses, or find a patsy to create it for you, release your premined bullshit coin and have Luke The Cunt back-rape you and your coin.
bracek (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 09:30:18 PM

What the world needs in NOT another cryptocurrency.

you certainly have your morals in abundance Smiley
but your attention is low
I said it is not a currency, but a "system" ,
I need this technology because it is very good for intended purpose

If your "modifications" are so effective, throw them out into the wild, developers will certainly implement them, and I am sure the community will throw bouquets of bonuses your way.

Yea right, Gavin Andresen bought a house from our donations

A 10% premine is not a gift to the community, it is a brutal rape, and to think that any tweak to the system would be worth 10% of anything is insulting and greedy.

You seem very much concerned about my profit motivation,
that should not be any of your busyness,
especially if you are not offering yourself to code this.

Actually, I dare to say you are the insulting and greedy one.

I am not claiming my modifications to be effective,
but am willing to put them to test by paying for work to be done,
since I don't know how to create additional code...

Especially if yoiu are trying to get somebody else to produce it for you, seemingly on the vague promise that the coder would get the benefit of your premine. That model only works with stupid coders and a massive pump and dump, which is just another way of clearly showing the world that what you propose is bullshit, not innovation.

well thank you very much on your precious opinion,
now I can print it and use it later in the toilet

Sorry if you feel that "replay" (sic) is an attack, it is how this member of the community sees your request. Coming to a community predicated on open source and telling the world you want to determine how much the world owes you for your mysterious brilliant improvements which you are not willing to introduce in an open way is insulting and crude, and smacks of drive-by profiteering.

Learn from the responses, or find a patsy to create it for you, release your premined bullshit coin and have Luke The Cunt back-rape you and your coin.

work on your anger management, it's not good for your skin,
all this stress
your posts are not constructive, so go find another thread
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 09:37:23 PM

DeVCoin offered only 100 bitcoins for initial coding, but had a bunch of details about how it was to work.

Since you provide no clues a coder could use to guestimate how many hundreds of hours it might take to create your proposed features, or even if they are in fact feasible at all rather than some kind of crazy pipedream based on total failure to grok computers or code or blockchains or something, there really isn't much to go on in trying to give you any kind of estimate.

RealCoin supposedly cost $10,000 and is still working on figuring out exactly what features it is actually going to have, so maybe that is a better case study to take your estimate from since you too have not detailed your exact feature-set yet...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
bracek (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:29:37 PM

DeVCoin offered only 100 bitcoins for initial coding, but had a bunch of details about how it was to work.

Since you provide no clues a coder could use to guestimate how many hundreds of hours it might take to create your proposed features, or even if they are in fact feasible at all rather than some kind of crazy pipedream based on total failure to grok computers or code or blockchains or something, there really isn't much to go on in trying to give you any kind of estimate.

RealCoin supposedly cost $10,000 and is still working on figuring out exactly what features it is actually going to have, so maybe that is a better case study to take your estimate from since you too have not detailed your exact feature-set yet...

-MarkM-

thanx,
It seems a bit steep, this 10k usd
but 100 btc I would consider...

I did not describe anything,
because I would have no competitive advantage against all the developers here...

I better try on some frelancer site than
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 11:22:25 PM

Man, you should really spend some time in the alt-coin forum. You have no market and are assuredly going to get ripped a new asshole for whatever you attempt.

Try genjix. He coded Realcoin for some other tool who wanted to pump-and-dump; it doesn't even exist and already has a pool coming together to destroy it on it's release date. I am sure he will happily take your money.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 04:40:32 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2012, 05:33:28 AM by LoupGaroux

-MarkM-

thanx,
It seems a bit steep, this 10k usd
but 100 btc I would consider...

I did not describe anything,
because I would have no competitive advantage against all the developers here...

I better try on some frelancer site than

Good luck with your $650 coding budget! That ought to go over really, really well with the starving code jockeys of Mumbai. Hope your innovative brilliance takes the world by storm, and your 10% premine escapes everyone's notice so you can be proclaimed the next alt-coin genius. I believe there is room next to RS on the bench seat of the Short Bus to Geniusland.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 09:24:59 AM

In fairness it should also be pointed out that actually Unthinkingbit did a whole bunch of the coding for DeVCoin himself, too, he didn't just pay others to do it all for him. Plus the direct rewards for actual coding were just part of the package, there were also bitcoins to be made for many other parts of the project. So it was both much more expensive than just 100 bitcoins and much more work than just sitting back letting paid minions do all the work.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 04:45:35 AM

I'll do it for 13 million solidcoins.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 07:46:43 AM

I will gladly help you for 21,000,001 BTC.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 10:24:11 PM

I'll do it for 2 100 000 BTC.
But if you contact me within 24h I will give you a 21% discount.

P.S. I will also accept payments in BFL (working @ current specs) Rig Boxes if you find it more comfortable.

Signature space available for rent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: