Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:24:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get your pool support P2SH, if you care about bitcoin.  (Read 3515 times)
finway (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 11:59:01 PM

http://blockchain.info/P2SH

for now, P2SH vs NOP2SH is 8 vs 11.

Let me ask :  Deepbit, [Tycho], will you support P2SH?

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 12:16:12 AM

or use p2pool

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 06:32:18 PM

My vote for p2sh will be in the stats soon.

RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 07:33:31 PM

What is the largest pool that votes for P2SH?  I will leave deepbit if they don't start voting for it.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 07:39:35 PM

Afaik I'm biggest pool who is openly supporting p2sh. Tycho will support p2sh only when the rest of the network over vote him.

fb39ca4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

PlayGame.com

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 12:18:35 AM

what is P2SH

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 05:49:23 PM

Afaik I'm biggest pool who is openly supporting p2sh. Tycho will support p2sh only when the rest of the network over vote him.

Cool, I will switch over to your pool tonight.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 04:40:06 AM

Any hints as to how to configure my P2Pool/cgminer to vote for this P2SH thing?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 04:50:04 AM

Thanks. I know it's just a test vote. I just want to help make this graph look a bit better http://blockchain.info/P2SH
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 04:59:27 AM

I'm pretty sure you have to actually solve a block to have your vote counted. I'm not trying to dissuade you, far from it, I'm quite pleased there are people like you that are concerned about the future of the network!

Yeah, I know, but I would feel better having it running, even if I don't even have a Ghash to contribute Then again, I looked at Luke's github thing, and being a non-techie windows user, I think I'll have to abstain from voting. I don't know how to do any of that Sad
hoo

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 10:20:32 AM

will this make the need for 6 confirmations everywhere nonexistent, or will 6 confirmations still be needed?

bitcoin, 2nd most popular currency used by criminals.
The probability that you too are a criminal, is very high.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 02:52:37 PM

will this make the need for 6 confirmations everywhere nonexistent, or will 6 confirmations still be needed?

Won't change anything about confirmations, as the overall network is still secured only by hashing power. From what I gathered, it will just make it easier to require more than one key to send out your money. Think MtGox's ubikey, but for your own home wallet.
hoo

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 02:08:04 AM

Won't change anything about confirmations, as the overall network is still secured only by hashing power. From what I gathered, it will just make it easier to require more than one key to send out your money. Think MtGox's ubikey, but for your own home wallet.

where will these other private keys come from?

The probability that you too are a criminal, is very high.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 02:38:55 AM

where will these other private keys come from?

From what I gathered, they come from your own wallet. Basically you now have a private key stored in your wallet that you use to sign and spend coins from your public key (your public key is your wallet address), and with this change you can set up a wallet address (public key) that will require two or more private key signatures for the transaction to execute, instead of one. Or something like that. This will be built into the Bitcoin protocol and you won't actually see it, but it will allow Bitcoin developers to write software that works like ubikey for your phone, escrow services that require third parties to control and release funds, and accounting software that requires multiple people to sign off on transactions for business security reasons.
finway (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 01:39:05 AM

Eligius is losing his hashing power.

p2pool is growing.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 07:28:47 AM

Eligius is losing his hashing power.
No FUD needed. Eligius hashrate is the same as it has been. Blocks have variance as usual. Roll Eyes

p2pool is growing.
This is good, but p2pool can't really replace traditional pools yet. It's more of a substitute for solo mining (and puts it within reach of a few more miners).

And FWIW: Eligius supports P2SH via BIP 17, not the broken-by-design BIP 16. If you care about bitcoin, boycott anything supporting BIP 16 and merge BIP 17 yourself.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: