Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:10:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrical consumption  (Read 755 times)
RandyFolds (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 02:24:47 AM

So, everyone on here is always talking about popping circuits and gigantic electric bills. I figured you guys might get a kick out of my current project...

I am working on an indoor aquaponics operation, meaning we are farming fish and using the waste-water to supply nutrients to food crops. To begin, we are growing tilapia and focusing on fast-growing greens and herbs. Our initial setup will have 250 12-bulb T5 fixtures, plus all heating, pumps, aeration, ventilation and controller systems.

Just the lights will be 162000 watts. It's gonna be one hell of an electric bill.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 03:00:12 AM

So, everyone on here is always talking about popping circuits and gigantic electric bills. I figured you guys might get a kick out of my current project...

I am working on an indoor aquaponics operation, meaning we are farming fish and using the waste-water to supply nutrients to food crops. To begin, we are growing tilapia and focusing on fast-growing greens and herbs. Our initial setup will have 250 12-bulb T5 fixtures, plus all heating, pumps, aeration, ventilation and controller systems.

Just the lights will be 162000 watts. It's gonna be one hell of an electric bill.

May I suggest while you're waiting for the fast-growing greens and herbs to mature, feed your tilapia Five double cheeseburgers, Four large fries, Three orders of chicken nuggets, Two large shakes, and One 64oz Coca Cola...  Grin

~Bruno~

YOU WIN!
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 05:39:37 AM

Grow op..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: