Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:53:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Group buy of YubiKeys  (Read 2107 times)
DenverDave (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 11:55:38 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2012, 12:41:55 PM by DenverDave

Hello !

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy of YubiKeys.

Prices for a key:
25$ (if you take one)
20$ (if you take ten, 200$ total)
15$ (if you take fifty, 750$ total)

Of course we would need a respected member of the community to handle the money and reships.

If interested please write the amount of keys you would like to have and your continent.

DenverDave

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoxchange

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 12:02:24 PM

DenverDave,

That pricing is very good!

One thing, they won't work with MtGox, they will work with Crypto X Change, the MtGox Yubi Auth is locked to the MtGox only Yubi's, and the Gox Yubi's won't work on other exchanges IE Crypto Either.

Just so you know. Theyre very handy, you can do a lot with the ones that have not been coded just for MtGox.

Regards

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 12:26:52 PM

put me down for 5, assuming the trusted member steps fw Smiley I will need shipping to EU.
DenverDave (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 12:39:57 PM

cryptoxchange, I'm talking about getting regular (non MtGox exclusive) YubiKeys directly from their store.

nelisky, thanks for supporting the idea ! I'll edit the first post asking people to post their continent along with potential YubiKey amount.
cryptoxchange

Activity: 305

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 01:05:08 PM

cryptoxchange, I'm talking about getting regular (non MtGox exclusive) YubiKeys directly from their store.

nelisky, thanks for supporting the idea ! I'll edit the first post asking people to post their continent along with potential YubiKey amount.

Yes I know, that is exactly what we buy and sell.

They are fantastic. I was just letting you know they won't work with MtGox thats all.

Thanks

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2012, 11:50:02 PM

Yes I know, that is exactly what we buy and sell.

They are fantastic. I was just letting you know they won't work with MtGox thats all.

Thanks

Crypto X Change

I bulk bought 10 a few weeks back as i wanted a couple for personal use. With more and more money being stored in virtual accounts, yubikey security combined with something like lastpass for all your other accounts is a good idea. Happy to sell my remaining 5 yubikeys for $20 a piece (postage included within Australia, a little more elsewhere) or the equivalent BTC amount. PM me if you're interested, i'll put a proper post up about this in the trading forum somewhere eventually.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
mmbregman

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 12:01:48 AM

Can anyone give me an explanation on how this thing works? I didn't really manage to understand that from thier website.

Thanks!
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 12:36:48 AM

+1

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 12:41:03 AM

I bought one from Mt.Gox then realized they support LastPass and had to buy one. Haven't looked back since. <3
I might handle reships in this thing, but can't guarantee.

If pricing equals out, I'll do it.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 12:59:48 AM

+1 I wanna another yubikey too LOL
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 04:55:15 PM

These things are awesome. I mostly only use them for highly complex passphrase additives on my systems.

Example: Highly complex, long string of characters from my yubikey + my easy to remember password. I have one for logins and one for disk encryptions and either maintain physical possession or keep it off-site so there is no way to boot a system without it.

imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 05:22:44 PM

I am in for one, IF we use BTC Escrow as the "respected member of the community", AND pay in B.  Smiley

NothinG

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 08:24:42 PM

I am in for one, IF we use BTC Escrow as the "respected member of the community", AND pay in B.  Smiley
Too bad their isn't a BTC Escrow with group pay.

imanikin

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 08:54:21 PM

Perhaps, if we contact the owner of BTCrow, he would facilitate a group pay, as a new feature.  Wink

NothinG

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 09:53:38 AM

Perhaps, if we contact the owner of BTCrow, he would facilitate a group pay, as a new feature.  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=27514

Just sent him a PM.

imanikin

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 01:13:38 PM

Just sent him a PM.
+1

BTCrow

Activity: 243

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 10:26:06 PM

Just sent him a PM.

Hi Everyone,

I've received your messages. We are always looking at ways to expand / improve our service.

I'm familiar with YubiKey products. We use them in other businesses. I think we even have 100 of them floating around the office somewhere.

Can someone please PM me some more info on how the "Group Buy" escrow service would work? Are there other companies offering this service?

NothinG

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:11:06 AM

Just sent him a PM.

Hi Everyone,

I've received your messages. We are always looking at ways to expand / improve our service.

I'm familiar with YubiKey products. We use them in other businesses. I think we even have 100 of them floating around the office somewhere.

Can someone please PM me some more info on how the "Group Buy" escrow service would work? Are there other companies offering this service?

Just sent you a PM, here is what was in it.

Code:
Basically there would be X (people who want to buy a product) number of people sending in a payment to Y (person buying and sending out the product).

This would mean that the seller and user would have individual transactions but under one transaction. Like "Group Pay for YubiKey" transaction meaning that each user would input their address or other information and each would be it's own track #.

User #1 -\                                                          /- User #1
User #2 -| - > Product Shipper (Aka Group Buyer) -> |- User #2
User #3 -/                                                          \- User #3

Shipper would buy the products and ship them out to each user but each user's transaction would have it's own tracking address.
If there is any flaw, please let me know.

imanikin

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 12:50:28 PM

User #1 -\                                                          /- User #1
User #2 -| - > Product Shipper (Aka Group Buyer) -> |- User #2
User #3 -/                                                          \- User #3

Shipper would buy the products and ship them out to each user but each user's transaction would have it's own tracking address.

+1 Right. Then even an unknown newbie like the OP could be the group buyer, because he would only get the B if he ships to each user.

BTCrow would get 1% from the total, we agree on whatever percentage the group buyer gets for the work, say another 1%. The rest is shipping, which is variable for each user...

DenverDave1

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 05:57:16 PM

It seems I really need a YubiKey since already forgot my password  Grin

At best we're at 10 keys, while I was thought we would reach 50 easily.

DenverDave  2
nelisky         5
jago25_98    1
johnthedong 1
imanikin       1

Hopefully more people will join in the near future
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: