Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:44:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed : Crypto crowdfunding.  (Read 469 times)
simonomis (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:22:24 AM

Hello world,

I would like to get your advise and opinion on an idea.

I want to crowdfund a project using crypto currencies.

The main idea is NOT to create a new altcoin, but just for people who love our project to be able to help us fund it securely and if they feel like it, to get out of their investment by selling the coins back. (So investors would be totally free.)

Basically, we would need to have a stack of coins with pegged value. Then allow people to buy them at a certain price if they want to after giving them a description of our project.

Early adopters who believe in the project and would like to participate would be able to get our project's coins at a lower price and then when our financial goal is met and the project is released, price of the coins would be defined by offer and demand. People who stuck around would see the value of the coin raise and could sell them or keep them.

How would you achieve something like that ?

I thought of trying to fork nextcoin because it's "premined" and it's immune to 51% attacks. I am part of a small team of passionate dreamers and we need all the advise we can get so I thought I'd ask there.

As I said before, the goal is not to create an altcoin. We believe in what we do and we just want the investors or participants to be able to help us with fair conditions and without forcing them.

As we are a small team, there will also be public bounties (and not only for developers) on our main project.

I hope my english is not too rusty, excuse me if it is.

Have a nice day ! (Or night... or whatever happens right now on your side of the Internet.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: