Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:29:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you own a bitcoin business? If so...  (Read 4311 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 02:56:46 AM

Finished another advertisement for one of the clients in the magazine. Showing it here for other businesses to understand the level of quality we're working towards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aggro
Donator

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 12:55:01 PM

Hi Matthew,

We are interested in advertising. Do you have an email where our marketing person can contact you?

Thanks!
Roberto
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 02:16:22 PM

I would be interested in selling physical copies in Melbourne as I will be sitting in the middle of the city each week doing other things.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 07:29:39 PM

Another full-page slot sold. Only 3 remaining and then we will focus on the half and third-pages.

Keep in mind, this magazine will be sold all across the world, but in the US, primarily aimed towards Barnes and Nobles and other bookstores.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 08:15:42 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2012, 10:16:25 AM by Matthew N. Wright

Just finished another advertisement for the magazine.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 08:20:46 AM

Updated advertising pricing (we're running out of slots faster than I thought!)

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 11:05:37 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2012, 02:00:15 AM by Matthew N. Wright

UPDATE:

I decided to go back and change the DialCoin ad and make it a bit more professional looking.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 01:04:08 AM

UPDATE:

I decided to go back and change the DialCoin ad and make it a bit more professional looking.

In regards to the bottom tag line: Unfortunately, we sell Bitcoins.

Capitalized?

The line below it has bitcoins in lower case = correct.

But if it weren't a sentence (no period), then you're golden. But then you'll have to make the upper tag line Sex sells not a sentence either, I believe.

Would this work?:

Sex Sells!

Unfortunately, We Sell Bitcoins (or...wait for it...Unremorsefully , We Sell Bitcoins)

(I was going to post this on Twunker, but I see that's not up yet)

~Bruno~
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 01:19:11 AM

UPDATE:

In regards to the bottom tag line: Unfortunately, we sell Bitcoins.

Capitalized?

The line below it has bitcoins in lower case = correct.

But if it weren't a sentence (no period), then you're golden. But then you'll have to make the upper tag line Sex sells not a sentence either, I believe.

Would this work?:

Sex Sells!

Unfortunately, We Sell Bitcoins (or...wait for it...Unremorsefully , We Sell Bitcoins)

(I was going to post this on Twunker, but I see that's not up yet)

~Bruno~

I lol'ed.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 01:24:08 AM

I'll assumed you laughed at the "unremorsefully" part, for the rest of the post was constructive.

Time to put on my serious hat:

Do you still have 1/4 page ad space available at $30 USD? If so, I want to pay for one for Chicago Cabbie. Let me know here and PM me if you don't mind. Thanks, Matthew.

~Bruno~
teppy

Activity: 185
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 01:53:11 PM

Is the inside front cover, or back cover still available? If so I'd like to buy one of them for Dragon's Tale.

Also, not sure if it fits the content of your magazine, but I'd love the chance to show you the game (and even provide numbers) for an article.

Dragon's Tale is the longest running Bitcoin enterprise in the world.
Minor

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 06:56:32 AM

How much do you charge to design ads?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 07:07:03 AM

How much do you charge to design ads?

For the first issue, I am doing complimentary ads for our sponsoring advertisers. The second issue however we'll have to figure something out for pricing and availability and to encourage advertisers to get their designs done beforehand and submit to us. This is just a promotion right now to get more businesses and individuals involved.

fabrizziop

Activity: 506

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 10:44:52 AM

What would be the cost per printed version of the magazine(in dollars)?, In what countries do you want to sell the printed version?.

I would love a copy, as it seems nice as a method to tell people in real life about bitcoin and that bitcoin has legitimate businesses too.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 02:01:29 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2012, 02:35:17 PM by chsados

Sure but I think the people who would download it would already be interested in bitcoin anyway. Also if it was free online I would send the links to at least 50 people.

Anyway I am interested but need to think about it. Thanks.

You make a good point that has been discussed in great depth amongst the team. It was a hard decision to make, but for the first month there are certain limitations we need to place for our budget in order to insure that the magazine production goes smoothly. I believe there is room in the future for discussion on making the digital version free, but certainly not before there is significant revenue from both advertising and print sales to supplement it.

Here's some food for thought;

Somewhere in the world right now there is a similar 11 member team working everyday collaborating to bring a high quality magazine to print and release the digital download for free. Everyone downloads it instead of buying the print version and the magazine is unable to return their month's investment, cease production.

I strongly believe our publication is too important to the future of Bitcoin to make such a wreckless financial decision. That said, there's always room for solutions. I hope to hear any alternatives you can think of, because it's a problem as old as digital downloading itself.

Let me know if I can be of any service on anything else.

Matthew

Perhaps we could use the incentive model of Bitcoin Pyramid to distribute the digital magazine.  This way there is a $/promotion incentive.  

I don't know exactly how the bitcoinpryamid works but I feel there would be a way to implement it.  

I would imagine a protocol that would allow the people who pay the most for each issue, and also gets the most friends to also pay will benefit the most.  Or maybe just make the magazine owner at the top of the pyramid and incorporate a moderately sized withdrawal fee.

I am running on no sleep so critical thinking ability is all whacked, any of this make sense?  What do you guys think?

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 02:46:57 PM

What would be the cost per printed version of the magazine(in dollars)?, In what countries do you want to sell the printed version?.

I would love a copy, as it seems nice as a method to tell people in real life about bitcoin and that bitcoin has legitimate businesses too.

The printed version of the magazine is currently $6 USD and that also includes free shipping inside the USA.

We will ship internationally for a small fee for the first month, then reflect on the losses the second month and adjust our prices accordingly.

If you'd like a copy, don't hesitate! http://www.bitcoinmagazine.net ^_^

Quite a few people are ordering 20+ issues to sell on their own in their community (saves on shipping) and to distribute to places they think will help get the word out about Bitcoin.

I ask that everyone support us in the very least with a subscription to the digital version. That is where we make the most money, and the more money we pull in, the more we can spend on printing fees (i.e. we can print more issues, send them out to even more stores, get even more exposure, etc).

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 02:49:02 PM

I'm not the Marketing Director for Bitcoin Magazine, but I'd say that we want to stay away from anything any more complicated than direct referrals. Our content is worth something, and complicating the purchasing process or creating an elaborate reward scheme screams to me that the product itself is not worth enough for people to want to buy it on their own.

That could just be my own naivety though.

senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 04:17:23 PM

is there a halal/kosher version ?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 04:20:38 PM

is there a halal/kosher version ?

If you mean is there a version that won't have scantly clad women, cursing, violence, advertisements for smokes or drugs, etc, then yes, that would be the "educational version" we are offering to educational institutions internationally.

StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 07:04:32 PM

This magazine looks to give lots of needed glamour and glitz to Bitcoins.

Good job!

PS: Folks, a minimal charge for digital issue magazine is well worth it, considering we now
have a professional looking, mainstream-distributed magazine promoting Bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: