Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:07:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which logo do you like best?  (Voting closed: May 13, 2014, 06:44:41 PM)
albertdros - 27 (50%)
crypt0cowboy - 27 (50%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official ShibeCoin Logo Contest: Final Voting Round Begins Now!!  (Read 2248 times)
brandondoge (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:44:41 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 07:38:53 PM by brandondoge

Hello Shibes! In the first round of voting in our logo contest, our top two contenders were albertdros and crypt0cowbody. Now they face off in a final vote to decide the winner of the 150,000 ShibeCoin bounty and the next logo of ShibeCoin!

Voting will run for approximately 24 hours, with the official close of voting in 24 hours. Good luck to both of our remaining contestants and thanks to everyone who has participated so far!!

1) albertdros' submission:
https://i.imgur.com/XsRBc7S.png

2) crypt0cowboy's submission:
https://i.imgur.com/nvpIN7k.png

strobl

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:45:16 PM

Both are great proposals!

+1 for crypt0cowboy's submission
jnasm77

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:17:02 PM

Both are great, but how is #1 going to be put on the wallet are you going to rework the gui on the wallet so it matches?
SupercellKid

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:43:01 PM

I vote for #1 albertdros' submission:

Both are great. But I think for a Coin (even crypto) it needs to be a little more minimalist and also I like the metallic look too.
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:45:34 PM

vote for #1 albertdros' submission:

Jaqen

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:15:44 PM

Looks like it's going to be a tight race, keep voting!
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:18:17 PM

Looks like it's going to be a tight race, keep voting!

The second has better job, but it look´s to child for a currency.
Jaqen

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:19:09 AM

Edit: got the times mixed up. Vote away...
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:32:28 AM

Both are great, but how is #1 going to be put on the wallet are you going to rework the gui on the wallet so it matches?

Yes, awesome work on both, the cartoony ones matches the wallet design though.

Jaqen

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:38:55 AM

Yes, awesome work on both, the cartoony ones matches the wallet design though.

I tend to agree. It's only leading by 1 vote though, seems like albertdros' logo has picked up the sadface supporters.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:41:25 AM

Dude, what are you doing seriously?  We all know the #2 submission was rigged, it had 20 votes in like 1 second, Albert noticed it, I noticed it, several other people did.

Do not let people rig the votes.

The only one that doesn't look bad in the wallet is this one below, since the #2 submission was rigged and would have similar # of votes to the sadface one below, it should be included as well.

Albert and the one below are, I think, the only ones made from scratch as well.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
cryptobuddy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:54:44 AM

I like this one.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:03:46 AM

I like this one.

As does everyone else that has shrunk them down and actually put the picture in the wallet, it's the only one that doesn't look completely unnatural and bizarre when doing so.  You cannot put a shiny, chromed out, computer generated image into the current cartoonish looking wallet, it doesn't match at all.

Shrink the others down and see what it looks like:

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:44:34 AM

Both are good but:

+1 albertdros' submission

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
jnasm77

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:07:48 AM

Dude, what are you doing seriously?  We all know the #2 submission was rigged, it had 20 votes in like 1 second, Albert noticed it, I noticed it, several other people did.

Do not let people rig the votes.

Your trying to rig the vote

The vote wasn't rigged. I went around to different channels asking people to vote for it because i like it best, it fits with the wallet and it doesnt look like my daughter drew it on her leap pad. Its quite professional and marketable.  I think either of these images are great and are very refined adn will be happy with either. Sadfaces image lost quit pumping it.
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:19:23 PM

The vote wasn't rigged. I went around to different channels asking people to vote for it because i like it best, it fits with the wallet and it doesnt look like my daughter drew it on her leap pad. Its quite professional and marketable.  I think either of these images are great and are very refined adn will be happy with either. Sadfaces image lost quit pumping it.

so you rigged the vote ?

given that i'm out i'd like to give an opinion on that second logo:

its not original work. its a cheap photoshop of some images found on the web. its not vector, its not scalable.
the type is too small and it's got too many colors which makes it expensive to print (prolly also gradients, too lazy to check that right now). i count three different fonts in there, that dont work with each other at all.
there is more, but should be enough.
if this is anything of a serious coin, you will end up redoing the logo in half a year.

logos like that should be excluded from the contest in the first place.

regarding the first logo:

its got that egg shape, due to the 3d effect. not sure if you got it in a round icon type of shape aswell, would be mandatory imo. heavy use of gradients, no vector.
as far as i can say it is original work and it looks good, so the designer knows his way around the software he did it with. if it wins he might be able to adjust it a bit so it can be used as a logo, icon etc. right now its a wallpaper/banner kind of artwork to me.

my vote goes to #1
oly1

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:45:28 PM

Voting for #2
jnasm77

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:31:14 PM

The vote wasn't rigged. I went around to different channels asking people to vote for it because i like it best, it fits with the wallet and it doesnt look like my daughter drew it on her leap pad. Its quite professional and marketable.  I think either of these images are great and are very refined adn will be happy with either. Sadfaces image lost quit pumping it.

so you rigged the vote ?

its not original work. its a cheap photoshop of some images found on the web. its not vector, its not scalable.
the type is too small and it's got too many colors which makes it expensive to print (prolly also gradients, too lazy to check that right now). i count three different fonts in there, that dont work with each other at all.
if this is anything of a serious coin, you will end up redoing the logo in half a year.

its got that egg shape, due to the 3d effect. not sure if you got it in a round icon type of shape aswell, would be mandatory imo. heavy use of gradients, no vector.
as far as i can say it is original work and it looks good, so the designer knows his way around the software he did it with. if it wins he might be able to adjust it a bit so it can be used as a logo, icon etc. right now its a wallpaper/banner kind of artwork to me.

my vote goes to #1

I am happy with either but it will be harder to make the cgi version work. I didn't rig the vote i campaigned. No one voted that didnt like it. They all still had free will. I just like #2. I think its memorable and it sells even if it is cute and girly. It also fits perfectly with the wallet. It scales fine.  I dont like the tough guy attitude on this coin because its just like walking into a crowded bar and acting tough everyother tough guy is gonna try to kick your ass and we already have a problem with that.
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:41:30 PM

so you rigged the vote ?

my vote goes to #1

Thanks for your vote. I really liked yours and I personally think it fits better with the wallet than mine. However, it MAY look too similar with DOGE. I made mine with something completely different in mind, and I guess this was not appreciated by some. My thoughts were that Doge is already cute, and making something similar would just make this coin even more like DOGE and imo that would not work for this coin. My thoughts were that this coin needed to have a completely different appearance. I also offered to change the shape of the character by the devs needs. Anyway, about vector. Yes, it's a 3d render so its no vector. I can obviously render the front and it still looks good. I actually made it based on a vector i drew, so an icon is also possible. As you understand, I can render it out in unlimited resolution, so that's not really a problem. If you need a poster or anything i just render it in 10k by x, so I guess in this case 'no vector' isn't really an issue.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:27:37 PM

so you rigged the vote ?

my vote goes to #1

Thanks for your vote. I really liked yours and I personally think it fits better with the wallet than mine. However, it MAY look too similar with DOGE. I made mine with something completely different in mind, and I guess this was not appreciated by some. My thoughts were that Doge is already cute, and making something similar would just make this coin even more like DOGE and imo that would not work for this coin. My thoughts were that this coin needed to have a completely different appearance. I also offered to change the shape of the character by the devs needs. Anyway, about vector. Yes, it's a 3d render so its no vector. I can obviously render the front and it still looks good. I actually made it based on a vector i drew, so an icon is also possible. As you understand, I can render it out in unlimited resolution, so that's not really a problem. If you need a poster or anything i just render it in 10k by x, so I guess in this case 'no vector' isn't really an issue.

I was thinking of same thing. We need yours as logo because shibe needs to be SWAG! Cool

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀