Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:47:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people have chosen not to refund there KnC Neptunes?  (Read 1173 times)
Boris-The-Blade (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:04:04 PM

As the title says. How many of you are keeping the Neptune and not refunding or taking one of the Super Jupiters?
greghawk

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:56:40 PM

Me.
And you?
owox

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:35:06 PM

i chose to get a refund. Initially was told it will take 7 to 10 working days for refund (bank transfer or BTC). Now i have been told by KNC  it will take weeks for a bank transfer refund and maybe another 7 to 10 days for a BTC refund. Ordered in Dec 2013 when price was still 1000 USD to BTC...
zeetak

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:34:55 AM

I paid 24 BTC for 2 back in late november and decided to refund them sometime mid-feb. They wired me $20,300 and I was pretty happy, given that it would buy something like 36 bitcoins at that time.

I've since decided that mining for huge profits is probably not the best idea. I'm in it for a hobby as well as maybe hitting it lucky on some unknown alt coins (scrypt, x11, or even cryptonight).
Perseus353

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:46:32 PM

I chose to swap for a Titan -- a much better deal, and I'm happy they gave good customers the option. 

KNC have prioritised setting up their own massive mining rig in northern Sweden above getting the Neptunes to their customers in time.

Now 3 TH is worth a lot less than a Jupiter's 550 GH in October. Even less so when they finally come out.

They have significantly contributed to the expansion of the network in the past two months, and they're keeping it for themselves first -- they have completely diluted the value of the Neptune, and screwed over their customers.

My advice: if you still have a Neptune on order and have the option to switch to a Titan -- do it and mine Litecoin or any of the other scrypt twatcoins out there.

1CkV1H1CA67CjpG5QMxEgVU9tNto51DBHd
Boris-The-Blade (OP)

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:05:17 PM

I ended up receiving my refund from KnC on one of my miners that i paid for in cash. It took about 2 weeks and they paid me in Bitcoins.
I have already made $1500 from the original refund because the price rised just after they refunded when it was low  Grin
trader001

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:02:34 AM

Can miner still make profit with Neptunes?
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:23:12 PM

I'm still holding on to my CA batch Neptune. Very curious to see what the final product will be like.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
onlyu

Activity: 165

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:20:13 PM

I chose to swap for a Titan -- a much better deal, and I'm happy they gave good customers the option. 

KNC have prioritised setting up their own massive mining rig in northern Sweden above getting the Neptunes to their customers in time.

Now 3 TH is worth a lot less than a Jupiter's 550 GH in October. Even less so when they finally come out.

They have significantly contributed to the expansion of the network in the past two months, and they're keeping it for themselves first -- they have completely diluted the value of the Neptune, and screwed over their customers.

My advice: if you still have a Neptune on order and have the option to switch to a Titan -- do it and mine Litecoin or any of the other scrypt twatcoins out there.

It is unlikely the Titan can RoI if they release it in late September.
hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:30:27 AM

It is unlikely the Titan can RoI if they release it in late September.

Because Titan is 250 MH/z which is the fastest in the market, so even if they deliver in september we should still see ROI unless the market is flooded with 500 MH/z all of sudden..

trashymonkey

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:54:55 AM

I got the refund as well. Who wouldn't? Or at least upgrade to something better?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: