Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:57:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have a official third party collateral collector?  (Read 756 times)
RyanMilligan1 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:32:40 PM

I was just thinking about this, and is there an official escrow type service exclusive amongst us for holding collateral? If there isn't, we should organise one, should we not?

They would be paid something from each trade they hold collateral for and obviously they need to be a trusted member. I'd do it depending how much work it is. Can submit my real ID, address, the fact I was partner in a business where I could have helped scam many members of this forum but instead warned all the investors on this very forum directly damaging my own investment and essentially helped the other partner from fucking everyone should show my intentions and that I'm not going to run off.

If not me, then surely there must be a reputable member, or a group of us who are willing to do it?

Just a thought!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:34:04 PM

The first rule about being an escrow is not to ask to be an escrow.   Wink

Develop trust here, by making useful posts or doing useful tasks.  It takes time.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
RyanMilligan1 (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:54:01 PM

The first rule about being an escrow is not to ask to be an escrow.   Wink

Develop trust here, by making useful posts or doing useful tasks.  It takes time.

I suppose. Like I am currently doing so:

If you have time and want a laugh, read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525700.new#new

Read the whole thing, I invested big in Coinpal. Noticed the lying, called the place out and told investors not to invest anymore (even with a 50K investment in it + being made a partner) Worked with a team to hunt down the supposed scammer, we outed his shill to be his friend, got both of their public details. I realised he'd used my money to buy mining gear (something he promises he will not do without vote of shareholders - I was majority shareholder) he should have been paying dividends 5x as large, went awol. I start to contact him IRL realising he fucked up and got his dads million $ business involved.

When deciding to sell shares, sold 50K worth by accident for like 7K by putting an extra decimal *facepalm hard* lol I invested 52.5 BTC and will come away with about 28-30BTC after my mistake, not a huge loss + it was my play about with BTC, I use a 80-20 rule in terms of holding in cold storage/using for things (investing, selling etc)

Still not letting him away with it. I paid for businesses logos to be done which so far is the only thing that is proof that any money has been spent on the exchange, I was left to take the blame for it ALL but luckily proved otherwise.

Currently working with one of my stateside attorneys for the owner to provide both personal and business finances to the court as he broke his own rules if any cent from the Coinpal investment went on mining gear and with all the emails and other pieces of evidence I could be granted my 50% partnership legally and have the mining gear seized and then sold and money given to investors.

Ryan Tyson Gay the guys name is. Thought he'd done this anonymously, he is the dumbest of the dumb. He tried to also do me out of partner profits by saying there was 4 partners. There is 1, him. His friend Chris came in to the thread and was pissed when he found out he'd been using him as an alias.

Read the thread for a laugh when you have time. Watch me get verbally attacked as I try to help these people not get fucked over, and as soon as they realise I'm the one the should trust, watch them try to get back in my pants as they realise none of them can do anything to the guy but me.

That will give you an insight in to a bit of my character at least hopefully as I've noticed you are one of the main guys in the 'lending' section.
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:28:20 AM

Still takes time though. You've been registered for less than a month ...

RyanMilligan1 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:57:10 AM

Yeah true. I was only offering if no one else would do it, or at least trying to get something official going even if I was not one of the third party.

I've lurked for about 6 months and have been involved in Crypto for a lot longer. I was just more of a buy/hold/sell before crash guy until I started getting involved on here actively. I'm not new to coin in any means, but obviously I understand where you are coming from.

Like I said at no point do I try to hide who I am, I'll provide a passport snap and address proof to anyone who asks (passport ID is blacked out as well as other info, and photo has a small cross through it and obviously I wrote 'cant be used as formal ID' on it.

Mainly I just think we should have a official third party here for escrowing deals, I'd be happy to start loaning if there was an official third party as at least there are a few people here you can trust.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 01:06:05 AM

Yeah true. I was only offering if no one else would do it, or at least trying to get something official going even if I was not one of the third party.

I've lurked for about 6 months and have been involved in Crypto for a lot longer. I was just more of a buy/hold/sell before crash guy until I started getting involved on here actively. I'm not new to coin in any means, but obviously I understand where you are coming from.

Like I said at no point do I try to hide who I am, I'll provide a passport snap and address proof to anyone who asks (passport ID is blacked out as well as other info, and photo has a small cross through it and obviously I wrote 'cant be used as formal ID' on it.

Mainly I just think we should have a official third party here for escrowing deals, I'd be happy to start loaning if there was an official third party as at least there are a few people here you can trust.

So you'd provide your passport as ID, but black out everything?   Roll Eyes  ID is worthless unless the scammed takes you to court, which hasn't happened yet.

Don't worry yourself over this - this forum has escrow agents - the economy is flowing nicely.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 01:10:13 AM

There are many escrows and I am sure some can hold collateral too, just gotta ask them.

- Escrow list

Also terms must be clear. Like you could make a new bitcoin address for receiving the payment. If the payment is not on that address by this date .. the collateral will be released to .. But I am sure an experienced escrow would know that better than me.

RyanMilligan1 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:22:24 AM

So you'd provide your passport as ID, but black out everything?   Roll Eyes  ID is worthless unless the scammed takes you to court, which hasn't happened yet.

Don't worry yourself over this - this forum has escrow agents - the economy is flowing nicely.  Smiley

No, I will send you the passport just now to show you what I mean. My name age/address etc are all there. just the actual passport no: is blacked out, and you can still see about 80% of my face
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 01:29:17 AM

First thing an official third party collateral collector should know is that an ID is worthless.

Year ago (when I was still pretty new to btc, naive, etc.) I gave some 1 BTC loans (to -by that time- "very trusted" people in bitcoin poker community) that went missing. Got all their information. But what am I going to do... fly to USA and beat them up? Try to sue them internationally? I am still considering to spam all their facebook friends about it, but I can't do much more than that.

It's great you don't want to hide your identity. But it doesn't give you more trust.

RyanMilligan1 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:04:49 AM

First thing an official third party collateral collector should know is that an ID is worthless.

Year ago (when I was still pretty new to btc, naive, etc.) I gave some 1 BTC loans (to -by that time- "very trusted" people in bitcoin poker community) that went missing. Got all their information. But what am I going to do... fly to USA and beat them up? Try to sue them internationally? I am still considering to spam all their facebook friends about it, but I can't do much more than that.

It's great you don't want to hide your identity. But it doesn't give you more trust.

Yes, but I believe they should provide it in case they ever have to middle man a large deal. If I'm sending you 10K I want to know who you are, I learnt my lesson with coinpal. Had the guy trying to rip people off not been stupid enough to leave a trail no one would have gotten anything from it.

I understand the trust thing, but it's just a reassurance thing that I think all people interested in being middle men should have to do.
RyanMilligan1 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:06:11 AM

There are many escrows and I am sure some can hold collateral too, just gotta ask them.

- Escrow list

Also terms must be clear. Like you could make a new bitcoin address for receiving the payment. If the payment is not on that address by this date .. the collateral will be released to .. But I am sure an experienced escrow would know that better than me.

Never seen that list before, thank you.
microkr

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:00:03 PM

Yeah I never saw the list either. Can it be made more prominent on the site?
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 09:45:52 PM

Yeah I never saw the list either. Can it be made more prominent on the site?

If the admins/moderators saw need to promote that topic, they would have done so already.
Just search up "escrow list" in the services forum if you can't find it Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: