Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:59:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NFD] [ESCROW] [NFDv2] Picking Up The Pieces  (Read 3453 times)
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:36:18 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 12:15:06 PM by Nxtblg

Picking Up The Pieces After NFDCoin's Scam, And NFDv2 Discussion Thread

As many of you know, there's a community resuscitation of NFD after NFDCoin proved to be the same crook that pulled off the Edgecoin scam. As part of the revival, I [Nxtblg] am looking after the distribution. My main task is to go through the distribution spreadsheet book that NFDCoin assembled, square it with the direct sends to the four "investment" addresses, make sure everyone who sent BTC is included, and use that sheet as a distribution list for "NFDv2" There's a voting thread on what NFDv2's official name is going to be.

And, the first revival thread is here. The OP has a summary sheet on the revival.

As part of this process, I had to work through the Blockchain.info ledger for Anon136's NFD escrow thread. What I've found is all but five have gotten their refunds. I'm in the process of sending 0.1mBTC to each of the five remaining, with a signed message attached, in case they've lost touch.

But that's not the only reason why I'm starting this thread. It's a discussion thread for escrow investors, including those who have received their refunds from Anon136, on NFDv2. Everyone involved can give their opinions on the project. Any interest or comments from refunded escrowers are more than welcome.

In order to have sure footing, I actually spent the last day-and-a-half auditing Anon136's NFD work. As I fully expected, everything squares away. I did all that work because I wanted to categorize each investor's contribution, both gross and net, and I wanted to find out who hasn't had a refund (as of yet.) I put the info in a three-sheet Excel book and uploaded it to Dropbox. The info is current as of less than two hours before this OP.

If you want, you can audit my audit...

NFD Escrow Account: https://blockchain.info/address/1Dkh4oqMmXLavHV3Xms7bCDXnkaTMDnDB4?offset=0&filter=0

My Spreadsheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bj7w899rrpy29p2/NFDv2%20Escrow%20List.xlsx

While all opinions are welcome, I'm hoping most to hear from the people whose BTC are still in limbo. Here's a list of the five accounts, along with their gross sends to the escrow account:

Quote from: Unrefunded NFD Sends
1FXqvvHScomNmrXZGnh2g4HXGb1g9tMVJR.......0.52 BTC

15MjVkqQbHLB3aMHca2b5VW1sz8T8Qiaj2..........0.42 BTC

1PghHx5jgDcPaj6xYBbiMSEq2j5Aaqp37h.............0.32 BTC

12ojYE2x2EXktz737MtoP9Vs2CG1hCMzxz............0.103 BTC

1H47NHLFdKRBUKEKfHS8nTYwszLuZv6xt............0.099 BTC

If you own one of those accounts, please leave a reply!

As for NFDCoin's original spreadsheet, I've finished Category 4 and am working through Category 3. As I go through, I'm making corrections and adding any sends that were not put on the original. I'm using NFDCoin's addresses to make sure that I don't miss anyone, and I will use all PMs sent me as a further check. My goal is to make sure every direct sender gets the same allocation (s)he would have gotten had NFDCoin not been a crook.

EDIT: VERY IMPORTANT! Do not send any BTC to the original 'ipo' addresses. Those are the scammer's addresses!!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prosperux

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:41:16 AM

I've been refunded but I've just sent my 1 BTC again https://blockchain.info/tx/f2d0432f2d2328065758159cc83cfcbf93ded179c5a1e0e904298e96533f1a1a so count me back in  Smiley

Sighed message:
13JGBeWbXQsGFRXC6Ti6Pv1kPfjfDt4Lck
Prosperux, 1 btc, 4th category
Gxrp4Rm6uYFC1NTNf2eSBssDeuoMHyKbJ+WYn95ERJyuSjlG2LuVRY/Bmxs0W6+WMgqNkle0L03a7fdqmd+iY3g=
nagatlakshmi

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 02:06:24 AM

Can I participate now?

richwang

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:17:27 AM

The Balance of ESCROW is 3.33720000 BTC, you may missed someone.
Did we got answers from Anon136? are all these BTC will be refunded?

minlihua

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:13:35 AM

hi, great work.
i am in the escrow service and i did not refund. i want to join the new ipo for NFDv2.
what else should i have to do now?
BTW, sorry i cannot help the new project but to support it i can.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                               
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:22:59 AM

nxtblg great work from your side

i think 10 % is to low for devs and bounties

keep on the good work and thank you

IOTA
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:03:47 AM

The Balance of ESCROW is 3.33720000 BTC, you may missed someone.
Did we got answers from Anon136? are all these BTC will be refunded?

I think this message above answers your question:

I've been refunded but I've just sent my 1 BTC again https://blockchain.info/tx/f2d0432f2d2328065758159cc83cfcbf93ded179c5a1e0e904298e96533f1a1a so count me back in  Smiley

Sighed message:
13JGBeWbXQsGFRXC6Ti6Pv1kPfjfDt4Lck
Prosperux, 1 btc, 4th category
Gxrp4Rm6uYFC1NTNf2eSBssDeuoMHyKbJ+WYn95ERJyuSjlG2LuVRY/Bmxs0W6+WMgqNkle0L03a7fdqmd+iY3g=

@Prosperux: Thank you for your vote of confidence.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:09:40 AM

hi, great work.
i am in the escrow service and i did not refund. i want to join the new ipo for NFDv2.
what else should i have to do now?
BTW, sorry i cannot help the new project but to support it i can.

As of now, you need only do nothing so long as Anon136 still has your funds in his account. Right now, I'm getting the distro list ready: I'll make sure that any escrowed investors are on the list in a special subcategory. The list will be presented for public inspection, as I've done with that audit spreadsheet, before any disbursement takes place.

We might as well do this right, and in the process teach the scammer a thing or two. Tongue

a20756079

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:38:19 AM

hi,Nxtblg,
I have returned to my investment, but I want to join NFDv2, can i  sent 0.079BTC to 1Dkh4oqMmXLavHV3Xms7bCDXnkaTMDnDB4,and get 0.079 investments.
best regards.

Vendettacoin

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:52:18 AM

do you accept new ipo?

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 12:14:34 PM

Picking Up The Pieces After NFDCoin's Scam, And NFDv2 Discussion Thread

As many of you know, there's a community resuscitation of NFD after NFDCoin proved to be the same crook that pulled off the Edgecoin scam. As part of the revival, I [Nxtblg] am looking after the distribution. My main task is to go through the distribution spreadsheet book that NFDCoin assembled, square it with the direct sends to the four "investment" addresses, make sure everyone who sent BTC is included, and use that sheet as a distribution list for "NFDv2" There's a voting thread on what NFDv2's official name is going to be.

And, the first revival thread is here. The OP has a summary sheet on the revival.

As part of this process, I had to work through the Blockchain.info ledger for Anon136's NFD escrow thread. What I've found is all but five have gotten their refunds. I'm in the process of sending 0.1mBTC to each of the five remaining, with a signed message attached, in case they've lost touch.

But that's not the only reason why I'm starting this thread. It's a discussion thread for escrow investors, including those who have received their refunds from Anon136, on NFDv2. Everyone involved can give their opinions on the project. Any interest or comments from refunded escrowers are more than welcome.

In order to have sure footing, I actually spent the last day-and-a-half auditing Anon136's NFD work. As I fully expected, everything squares away. I did all that work because I wanted to categorize each investor's contribution, both gross and net, and I wanted to find out who hasn't had a refund (as of yet.) I put the info in a three-sheet Excel book and uploaded it to Dropbox. The info is current as of less than two hours before this OP.

If you want, you can audit my audit...

NFD Escrow Account: https://blockchain.info/address/1Dkh4oqMmXLavHV3Xms7bCDXnkaTMDnDB4?offset=0&filter=0

My Spreadsheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bj7w899rrpy29p2/NFDv2%20Escrow%20List.xlsx

While all opinions are welcome, I'm hoping most to hear from the people whose BTC are still in limbo. Here's a list of the five accounts, along with their gross sends to the escrow account:

Quote from: Unrefunded NFD Sends
1FXqvvHScomNmrXZGnh2g4HXGb1g9tMVJR.......0.52 BTC

15MjVkqQbHLB3aMHca2b5VW1sz8T8Qiaj2..........0.42 BTC

1PghHx5jgDcPaj6xYBbiMSEq2j5Aaqp37h.............0.32 BTC

12ojYE2x2EXktz737MtoP9Vs2CG1hCMzxz............0.103 BTC

1H47NHLFdKRBUKEKfHS8nTYwszLuZv6xt............0.099 BTC

If you own one of those accounts, please leave a reply!

As for NFDCoin's original spreadsheet, I've finished Category 4 and am working through Category 3. As I go through, I'm making corrections and adding any sends that were not put on the original. I'm using NFDCoin's addresses to make sure that I don't miss anyone, and I will use all PMs sent me as a further check. My goal is to make sure every direct sender gets the same allocation (s)he would have gotten had NFDCoin not been a crook.

EDIT: VERY IMPORTANT! Do not send any BTC to the original 'ipo' addresses. Those are the scammer's addresses!!

Ziggy

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:25:54 PM

Thanks for your hard work
I am the owner of this account 1FXqvvHScomNmrXZGnh2g4HXGb1g9tMVJR.......0.52 BTC
I put 0.1 on <0.1 category and 0.4 on 0.1<>1 category,you will find the same record in the old spreadsheet,
the rest 0.02 is the escrow fee
I will invest the NFDv2 project if these fund will be used to pay the experienced NXT developer as you suggested in the main thread.
Thank you!
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:50:46 PM

do you accept new ipo?

Sorry, but I'd like to freeze things as they were atm - as if the original project had not been a scam. A large part of the revival vision is restorative - to make the scam's victims as whole as possible.

As of now, it's too early to put the subject to the community. There's lots more slogging to get through. Smiley Please, check back anytime.

clat

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:31:10 AM

I don't what I want to do.But keep going.U r great.
peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:00:22 AM

I used Anon escrow service and would also like to re-invest in the revived NFDv2
Can I send the btc back to Anon original escrow address?

Another small question:
I think the revived NFDv2 is a great initiative.

one thing that concerns me is that there is a big chance the "scammer" will enjoy not only the btc he stole but also a "nice" stake in NFDv2 because I am sure he sent some btc to his own private address in order "to get the ball rolling".
It will be a shame if he gets “rewarded” twice.

Nxtblg - what do you think about this? Is there any method to check this?
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 02:49:07 PM

I used Anon escrow service and would also like to re-invest in the revived NFDv2
Thanks for your interest. I'll have to contact Anon136 and see what he says.

Another small question:

one thing that concerns me is that there is a big chance the "scammer" will enjoy not only the btc he stole but also a "nice" stake in NFDv2 because I am sure he sent some btc to his own private address in order "to get the ball rolling".

That would rankle, to be sure. I can't prevent that, but to avoid it I'm going to be sending PMs to each person listed in each money category. I planned on this already, as I want to make sure I've got all details correct (including the passphrase hashes!)

As part of that check-through, I'll have to publicly post the BTT nicks of anyone who doesn't respond. I have to anyway to make sure they're informed. But if NFDCoin sent some BTC himself, he'll find that - if he tips his hand - we'll have real information on the fellow. So, he's going to have a problem too. He's going to have to play dumb and avoid the temptation to brag about getting the better of us.

If he does surface, I may play dumb and string him along to see what I can squeeze out of him. If I can tickle him into bragging about his exploits, I may wheedle enough information for us to dox him.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:41:28 AM

I'm doing escrow for this project in the hopes of repairing atleast some of the damage caused by this good for nothing scoundrel din.

If you are reading this din, i know what you are thinking, "they were so dumb they deserved it", well no being dumb isn't immoral, stealing peoples money how ever is. Someday you are going to grow old and you are going to die and you are going to have to look back on your life and at that point money wont mean anything, your choices here however might. And if they don't than you have an even worse problem. I do not envy you.

Be prepared to sign messages using one of the addresses you send from. DO NOT send from an address that you do not personally control I.E. an exchange. If you do send from an address that you do not have personal control over than i can not guarantee an ideal outcome for you. Some problems have arisen with the model of just releasing funds without question upon customer request so i will simply be playing it by ear and using common sense arbitration on this one. If the dev has already sent you NFDv2Coins than you will have to return them or provably destroy them before you may recieve a refund. If a couple weeks pass after the projects completion where you fail to make contact with me than i will release the bitcoins to the devs. Common sense stuff. Also you guys use some common sense too, don't send bitcoins directly to some random dude on the internet with-out escrow, EVER!

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 10:14:40 AM

I'm doing escrow for this project in the hopes of repairing atleast some of the damage caused by this good for nothing scoundrel din.

Thanks a lot for doing this.

John_Paul

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:22:05 AM

Another small question:
That would rankle, to be sure. I can't prevent that, but to avoid it I'm going to be sending PMs to each person listed in each money category. I planned on this already, as I want to make sure I've got all details correct (including the passphrase hashes!)
As part of that check-through, I'll have to publicly post the BTT nicks of anyone who doesn't respond. I have to anyway to make sure they're informed. But if NFDCoin sent some BTC himself, he'll find that - if he tips his hand - we'll have real information on the fellow. So, he's going to have a problem too. He's going to have to play dumb and avoid the temptation to brag about getting the better of us.
If he does surface, I may play dumb and string him along to see what I can squeeze out of him. If I can tickle him into bragging about his exploits, I may wheedle enough information for us to dox him.

I just PMed you about my investment. My take on this is that in the very beginning, NFDCoin left some investment accounts as anon for the category 2 ,3 , and 4. Those are very likely his own transactions for faking the situation.
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 11:24:15 AM

Another small question:

I just PMed you about my investment. My take on this is that in the very beginning, NFDCoin left some investment accounts as anon for the category 2 ,3 , and 4. Those are very likely his own transactions for faking the situation.

Thanks for your PM: every PM helps. I'll be going through them all in a batch job soon.

You might be right about the anon accounts, but I've matched almost all of them to real sends from different addresses. He also knocked them down to zero in the original spreadsheet, so I don't think he was sockpuppeting unless he was trying to hype everyone up before that knockdown.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: