Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:08:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TA 101A With MatTheCat May 13th 2014  (Read 2907 times)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:47:50 AM

The Major trendline since January 2013, as the OP-Noob ist calling it, is not only broken  by China but also by Bitstamp.
Noobs won`t find that out

2 green arrows up right

You're back! Awesome. More beat downs to come.  Wink
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:28:31 AM

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:43:53 AM

I think by Q3 2014 we don't see any recovery

sharkyshark

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:51:33 PM

If we can pass slowly, on small volume ...

$459.65 bitfinex

then you will see a very, very, very good push upwards.. If we cant on high volume we will go down..

Very simple...

Short can average up only so much than need to buy back.

We haven't seen capitulation either so very interesting times.. (but this might only happen after the next move up...

Make your plan and execute it...
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:38:38 PM

Problem is - which is more likely in next 30-45 days: "big money from the west" or "bad news from China?"

You know the answer. Which is why everyone saying we are going to break UP from this wedge (which purely from a technical standpoint more often breaks down) is nothing but WISHFUL THINKING.

China has already been factored in, there's nothing China could possibly do to drop the price even more, we are at a level were we were before China ever adopted bitcoin, so the price is now completely controlled by the west.

And the west has not been standing still for the past 6 months, many projects have been launched and millions of dollars have been pumped into ventures and such, which will eventually have an influence on the entire bitcoin project. Thus, the price is expected to go up, not down. You'd be a fool to believe the price would drop sub-300 ever again.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:44:45 PM

By the looks of those charts i'd say the price would move either up or down very rapidly, my guess is up. Nice charts.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:43:06 PM

1: I said the line that NOW is at 420, that same line was of course at 400 and a little less month ago.
2: linear?? the chart is in logarithmic scale what are you talking about?

Apologies. The chart is indeed log, but that doesn't stop your lines being 'all over the shop' But your $380-$400-$420 line cannot by any stretch of the imagination be said to represent a strong support line.
I don't see why. the lines touch perfectly various crucial points in the chart, I have used them during all the bear market once they were enstablished and they made for perfect trades. I guess the most profitable and safe you could have done. they just work.

Excellent chart chessnut! i agree.

@MatTheCat:
If you would have used the chessnut chart you would have nailed the 340 bottom perfectly for example.
These simple "long term" trend lines are the most useful tool in BTC TA in my opinion.

PS: I think taking into account the first two "bubbles" (the ones before 2013) when drawing trend lines is kinda pointless.

Problem is - which is more likely in next 30-45 days: "big money from the west" or "bad news from China?"

You know the answer. Which is why everyone saying we are going to break UP from this wedge (which purely from a technical standpoint more often breaks down) is nothing but WISHFUL THINKING.

China has already been factored in, there's nothing China could possibly do to drop the price even more, we are at a level were we were before China ever adopted bitcoin, so the price is now completely controlled by the west.

And the west has not been standing still for the past 6 months, many projects have been launched and millions of dollars have been pumped into ventures and such, which will eventually have an influence on the entire bitcoin project. Thus, the price is expected to go up, not down. You'd be a fool to believe the price would drop sub-300 ever again.
agreed.
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:00:04 PM

The point of doing this sort of TA is that you can have two plans. I have two plans (only looking to go long at the moment due to psychological issues with shorting) although I do suspect that it is more likely that I will be buying in at the $300 and perhaps even $200 range (cos market goes down) other than in the upper $400s (cos the market has went up).

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:07:05 PM

The point of doing this sort of TA is that you can have two plans. I have two plans (only looking to go long at the moment due to psychological issues with shorting) although I do suspect that it is more likely that I will be buying in at the $300 and perhaps even $200 range (cos market goes down) other than in the upper $400s (cos the market has went up).

Basing your plans on "psychological issues"? I so know how you feel!  Wink

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:19:50 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 07:30:00 PM by MatTheCat

Basing your plans on "psychological issues"? I so know how you feel!  Wink

Or perhaps not quite.

When I am long, I will get spooked out dreams and/or intuitions about Bitcoin if long positions are about to take a slaughtering. If I am short Bitcoin, I will feel positive about Bitcoin if my position is about to get a slaughtering and get spooked out about it if my short position is about to hit the jackpot.......and change to a long at the 11th hour and take the subsequent kicking, instead of the jackpot I was lined up for.

I have therefore decided that short or 'inverted' counter intuitive positions are not for me.

My latest Bitcoin dream indicated this much time of sharp downside =  |     |

But followed by this much time of notably larger upside                   = |                                                               |

Thus I favour TA that suggests one way or the other a final low or retest of lows, followed by good period of overall upside, whether that turn out to be as a part of a Primary Wave 5, or as the Wave B part of the Primary Wave 4 correction.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:06:07 PM

Sometimes I like to look at .. Keltner Channel and Bollinger Bands ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:00:36 AM

You are looking at these charts and still saying that rubbish...

You are full of it ..honestly "PERMABEARBOY"

I have never seen such a healthy chart for btc in the last 6 months

OBJECT NOT FOUND
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:08:50 AM

Instead of spewing your Kool-Aid out at me and everyone else who hasn't got you on ignore.

Why don't you explain to us all precisely why this chart is so healthy?

YipYip

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:32:00 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 12:49:10 AM by YipYip

Instead of spewing your Kool-Aid out at me and everyone else who hasn't got you on ignore.

Why don't you explain to us all precisely why this chart is so healthy?

its a squeeze that is building ..the kerner channels are inside the Bolinger bands on what was low volume...now its moving to low-mid

Normally this is a trend change event from oscillation -> trending ...either up or down ..but i am keen on up as you know  Cool

EDIT : SO this is how you react when the market goes against you with the "Kool AID" comments ... really shows how impartial you are ...You obviously only work in a downtrending market bear boy..I think u will need to have a sleep for the next 6-12 months as the reversal is hear & china is out Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:58:12 AM

its a squeeze that is building ..the kerner channels are inside the Bolinger bands on what was low volume...now its moving to low-mid

Normally this is a trend change event from oscillation -> trending ...either up or down ..but i am keen on up as you know  Cool

EDIT : SO this is how you react when the market goes against you with the "Kool AID" comments ... really shows how impartial you are ...You obviously only work in a downtrending market bear boy..I think u will need to have a sleep for the next 6-12 months as the reversal is hear & china is out Cheesy

I am open to the market going either direction. But right now is not a time to take any position, cos the market could go either way. My 'intuition' is that we will go down a bit yet. But if the market is to rise, then I will jump along for the ride for sure.

In the medium term, I am bullish, but feel that their is another low to come before any meaningful upside.

You have a good name. 'Yip Yip' suits you cos that is all that you do. 'Yip Yip Yip Yip Yip' like a hyper dog with a one track mind, hence my reaction with the Kool-Aid comments.

bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:07:32 AM

I am open to the market going either direction. But right now is not a time to take any position, cos the market could go either way. My 'intuition' is that we will go down a bit yet. But if the market is to rise, then I will jump along for the ride for sure.

In the medium term, I am bullish, but feel that their is another low to come before any meaningful upside.

You have a good name. 'Yip Yip' suits you cos that is all that you do. 'Yip Yip Yip Yip Yip' like a hyper dog with a one track mind, hence my reaction with the Kool-Aid comments.

YipYip

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:09:31 AM

Sure I am a believer....crypto has rewarded me very well for my efforts

Markets go up they go down ..so why would I suddenly stop beliving in the MOVEMENT that is crypto

So as long as you dont think it will fail then long term everyone should be bullish ....our 1 second concentration span that we have in crypto is not the real world of equities investment

Veronica & others were & are textbook losers ....dont worry i will be bringing her name up when we are 1k-5k values

After working in Banking & finance for the last 10 years ...I am totally converted ..every time i use crypto it still gives me a buzz as it is soooo awesome & pure ...so if this belief in something or a technology then sign me up

Kool AId is for the delusional ...I am more of an technology evangelist as I have seen the light

OBJECT NOT FOUND
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:18:47 AM

Kool Aid is for the delusional ...I am more of an technology evangelist as I have seen the light:

Crypto aint going away anytime soon and perhaps not ever. But that doesn't mean that Bitcoin is going to be 'it'. It may go a long way. It may one day implode. It may have already gone as far as it is going to go and be imploding in front of our eyes as we scour charts looking for a good long opportunity?

YipYip

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:22:05 AM

Kool Aid is for the delusional ...I am more of an technology evangelist as I have seen the light:

So funny ... Hows your clinical depression going its obvious that you need a laugh at my expense ..Good for you ...

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: