Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:57:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bitcoins Worthwhile?  (Read 1901 times)
btcinstant

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 10:58:20 PM

You can't beat what bitcoins offers trust me this is amazing stuff. Get involved in some aspect of it you don't have to be in "all" aspects just some part.

Enjoy!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jothan

Activity: 184

Feel the coffee, be the coffee.

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 11:14:12 PM

1.) Bitcoins are fun.
2.) They are revolutionary.
3.) Bitcoins are the future.

4.) Bitcoins are here to stay (hopefully).

At the very least, they cannot be un-invented.

Bitcoin: the only currency you can store directly into your brain.

What this planet needs is a good 0.0005 BTC US nickel.
TheHeroMember

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 04:22:21 AM

1.) Bitcoins are fun.
2.) They are revolutionary.
3.) Bitcoins are the future.

4.) Bitcoins are here to stay (hopefully).

At the very least, they cannot be un-invented.

Its worth it.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
geometria

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 10:22:41 PM

Is it lucrative? Oh, just show your brand new and shiny GPU to your GF and tell her that it's exclusively for mining and she can't have fun rendering on it, because you don't want to go below xxx mega-hashes per second; suddenly she'll become nicer than ever before, haha.
I still have a lot of reading to do, but the most important thing: you can't go wrong with mathematics... plus I like the idea of nerds becoming economists. :-]

@jago25_98, wherever there's risk and some hope for gain (or at least a hope for a lack of loss), there's speculation; for example I'm speculating that I'll live another day, but I can't be 100% sure that I will.
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 11:51:36 PM

lucrative...that's the problem...over here I pay about 20 (Euro-)cent per kWh, so I think building a dedicated mining rig is not reasonable. That's why I'm after those cycles, when average machines are idling. Maybe it makes more sense, when you don't have to buy an expensive graphics adapter...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: