Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:17:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CFN] ConfessionCoin | Secrets are better shared | NEW WALLET NOVEMBER 6  (Read 37613 times)
xinyichao

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:35:22 AM

More pool issues, but we're resolving them as quickly as we can ...
tks , do what you can do , we are here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArtsNentertainment

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:59:11 PM

some of these confessions are great! but we need more of them!
ConfessionCoin (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Secrets are better shared

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 04:38:10 PM

some of these confessions are great! but we need more of them!

Agreed!  The next 5 (non-spam) confessions will be tipped 1000 CFN (just leave your tip address when posting the confession at confessioncoin.com)!

Also, we will watch for new entries, so you don't even have to pay to enter the confession.  Just type away and we'll take care of it and push it through.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 06:35:41 PM

We're glad someone else is noticing, however, there isn't anything wrong with this situation (some blocks take a long time).  So far as we can tell, the hashrate just declined suddenly (likely due to the official pool being down -- currently resolving).  These kinds of things tend to tip us off though, so we appreciate you reporting it.  We expect the pool back up shortly.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 06:37:48 PM

We're glad someone else is noticing, however, there isn't anything wrong with this situation (some blocks take a long time).  So far as we can tell, the hashrate just declined suddenly (likely due to the official pool being down -- currently resolving).  These kinds of things tend to tip us off though, so we appreciate you reporting it.  We expect the pool back up shortly.

Just to clarify, when these pool issues happen, no one is losing shares for hashing work -- just the database sometimes has trouble and we have to manually fix things when the cronjobs get cranky.  All payouts will happen when it's resolved.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 06:54:21 PM

this is not about pool, blockchain was stuck for 9 hours
with 10MH solo hashrate which did some "other" work.
right now the same crap is applied to DRS coin,
you may see how it looks like

Ok, we'll try to keep a closer eye on, but during that time we thought we saw the network hashrate reported significantly lower.  What do you think caused it?
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:45:37 PM

yes it was lower, on the right chain, but nobody mined on it actually.
i don't know exactly how it works but looks like an attempt of 51,
first make pool look inoperable loading it with too much MH,
ppl cut off, then you're alone on the chain and can do what you want.

There is no evidence of such an attack from here, but as you say, we may have just been on nodes on the correct chain, so all looks ok except for the delay.  If one of your nodes was a victim on a suspected incorrect chain, could you PM me the debug.log file so that I can verify what it looked like from there?

ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 08:41:46 PM

There is no evidence of such an attack from here, but as you say, we may have just been on nodes on the correct chain, so all looks ok except for the delay.  If one of your nodes was a victim on a suspected incorrect chain, could you PM me the debug.log file so that I can verify what it looked like from there?

i can't, everything is cleaned already,
all i know is chain was stuck with low diff and no miners on correct chain,
then i've mined a block to unhook the thing, and 32 more declining diff to help jumpstart a pool

Ok, we'll keep an eye out then.  The last block took over an hour BTW, but as far as I can tell, that was just due to the low hashrate and the relatively high difficulty (i.e. a normal scenario).  We definitely don't have a steady/loyal mining base -- miners come and go quite often.  Perhaps at some point we should switch to PoS?  Someone had suggested being merged mined with Litecoin, but that doesn't solve how we are going to address the transaction fee issue after the initial year of mining has completed (we need a way to motivate miners to continue mining after the block reward stops).  But the biggest problem with switching to PoS is that it creates an indefinitely inflationary model, which is NOT how we wanted to be from the get go.

No need to decide today, but something to think about.

Thanks again for reporting this!  We're always watching, but I guess we can't always see everything.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 02:24:50 AM

then i've mined a block to unhook the thing, and 32 more declining diff to help jumpstart a pool

Again, if you have evidence and can provide a log of a solo mined client on a different chain, it would be most useful.

We've been watching carefully all day today and it's pretty obvious that someone is (actually 2-3 people it seems) just mining until difficulty goes high, dropping off, then waiting for the stuck block and for difficultly to go low again and then repeating.  This is not an attack though, it's just playing with the block times and making them a bit erratic (i.e. some happen really quickly, some take a long time).  Difficulty re-target is working though and the overall supply rate appears to be just fine (i.e. no more/less blocks than expected are being generated), just how long it takes to complete varies.  This happens a lot in all coins, even Bitcoin, because it's fair game given how the network works.
altkoinsempai

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:08:44 AM

Again, if you have evidence and can provide a log of a solo mined client on a different chain, it would be most useful.

We've been watching carefully all day today and it's pretty obvious that someone is (actually 2-3 people it seems) just mining until difficulty goes high, dropping off, then waiting for the stuck block and for difficultly to go low again and then repeating.  This is not an attack though, it's just playing with the block times and making them a bit erratic (i.e. some happen really quickly, some take a long time).  Difficulty re-target is working though and the overall supply rate appears to be just fine (i.e. no more/less blocks than expected are being generated), just how long it takes to complete varies.  This happens a lot in all coins, even Bitcoin, because it's fair game given how the network works.

This stuff is fun to watch :-P

I see a large network hashrate, and no blocks happening.  Either there's another pool or solo mining operation that are 1) not connected to the main network and messing with things, or 2) Huh

The large network hashrate is based on how many blocks are being found in some amount of time and there's no way that amount of hashrate can be reported without finding blocks.  So something is weird.  Admittedly, I don't know what it is either, but it's been interesting to watch.

And yes, I'm still working on the windows thing we discussed, but haven't been able to get back to it just yet.  If you're ahead of me, go for the next release, but otherwise, I'll be in touch soon.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 01:46:02 PM

This stuff is fun to watch :-P

I see a large network hashrate, and no blocks happening.  Either there's another pool or solo mining operation that are 1) not connected to the main network and messing with things, or 2) Huh

The large network hashrate is based on how many blocks are being found in some amount of time and there's no way that amount of hashrate can be reported without finding blocks.  So something is weird.  Admittedly, I don't know what it is either, but it's been interesting to watch.

And yes, I'm still working on the windows thing we discussed, but haven't been able to get back to it just yet.  If you're ahead of me, go for the next release, but otherwise, I'll be in touch soon.

Agreed.  And yet the network still looks ok.  High diff now, low hashrate, the next block will take a little longer than normal, but to keep the block generation average time, that's required.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 01:54:50 PM

We're finally testing a new wallet release!

Going for the Windows confessional built in (thanks to altkoinsempai), updated checkpoints for network consistency, fixed a problem with dnsseeds being disabled (related to the network meshing issues we've had all along), and fixed some rpc usage info.  Should be out in the next couple of days and the upgrade is highly recommended.
hankrules

Activity: 673
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:19:37 AM

We're finally testing a new wallet release!

Going for the Windows confessional built in (thanks to altkoinsempai), updated checkpoints for network consistency, fixed a problem with dnsseeds being disabled (related to the network meshing issues we've had all along), and fixed some rpc usage info.  Should be out in the next couple of days and the upgrade is highly recommended.

Sweet!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 02:47:00 AM

New Wallet is now released!

See OP and also the download page:

http://confessioncoin.com/download.php

This one is a bitter pill though.  While all wallet versions have all of the previously mentioned fixes in it, the Windows wallet with the confessional has a bug on exit (no funds lost or anything, but it crashes hard when you try to exit).  So we've provided one with the confessional and one without for those that frequently start/stop the wallet.  Thanks again to altkoinsempai for building it for us, but it's just a step along the way.  The problem is that it's dynamically built now so the required DLL files are included in the release, but the goal is to have it statically built eventually.  Bear with us, we're still working hard on this.

Thanks for all of your support!  The upgrade is highly recommended.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 05:21:02 PM

Looks like we'll be down for most of the day (site and pool), again due to maintenance needed ...
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 03:46:55 PM

Looks like we'll be down for most of the day (site and pool), again due to maintenance needed ...

Just a quick note that everything's been fully restored.  The pool has been properly operational since the same day as the initial outage, but the site and block crawler are back online as of now.
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 02:58:43 AM

Another coindesk mention here: http://www.coindesk.com/strangest-altcoins-2014/

Not sure how they decided that we've stopped, but hey, this thread hasn't been active for some time (although the CFN network is chugging along).
woot

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:33:12 AM

Wow some activity finally! and coindesk! good shit
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:14:16 AM

*yawn* ... caught on a long block due to our regularly irregular miners and the random luck of the draw.  anyone have coffee in hand?!
ConfessionCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 11:34:53 AM

CFN Traded on Allcrypt.com and as you probably know, it went down lately.  If anyone here was affected, please provide relevant information and we'll do our best to sort it out with Allcrypt.  If possible, we can also try to see if we can reimburse some or all of your funds.

If you were the one that took Allcrypt.com down, we expect to see you leaving a confession at confessioncoin.com any time now ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to: