Bitcoin Forum
June 11, 2024, 03:52:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese banks suspend Bitcoin trade  (Read 2258 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:24:07 AM

at this point, who really cares anymore? this has been the narrative since, what, the beginning of the year? i don't give 2 shits about what china's government has to say anymore. decide whether you want it or whether you don't and just let it be.

it really seems like they are just trying to mess with the price, and over time what the chinese government does will have a more muted effect.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:22:19 AM

this time for real? Now bitcoin and the bank system are definitively cut off for the chinese?Or just another fake ban?
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:48:19 AM

So what was the market price before China started getting in heavy? Was it lower than where it is now in the 450s? Or higher?

Wouldn't it be relatively easy to see what effect China factually had on btc by the pre China price vs the current one and make a determination as to how much of the volatility or drop in particular was actually due to Chinese sell off, and then figure out the difference and where it likely is coming from?

Or is that doable?

I wasn't here then so I don't know...but reading through all this, if you removed the entire Chinese influence from the equation, and look at the thing minus that segment, what would the trend line actually look like? Is it tanking or higher than it was before China?

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
endlesslove

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:55:34 AM

I think Chinese Banks suspend bitcoins trade will make bitcoin market become more healthy
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:03:13 PM

The price before the chinese entered in bitcoin in force was way lower than it is now.
It's controversial what was the price, since there was chinese exchanges before the jump in price.
Clearly, it was the chinese that breached the previous top of 10 april 2013: 266 usds at Gox and 251 at Bitstamp.
But I think it was the chinese that moved the price beyond about 150, after the dip to around 90 when Silk Road was busted.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: