Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:50:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Here!  (Read 883 times)
walkdev (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:41:26 AM

Hi everyone - I'm new here, having recently come across the whole Bitcoin thing and having dipped my toes in the water, I'm looking to join a pool and get some mining done with a couple of Antminer ASICs... Waiting to take delivery of them now!

Just enough time to try and work out which ones I want to go for... Excuse the pun, but it's a minefield out there! I've heard that something with low difficulty might be good to go for right now - something like Unobtanium or (relative to BTC at least) Peercoin...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:24:19 PM

You could try going after Myriadcoin it's paying out about 1000 per block so you could still get a good amount if you throw 1Gh at it or more.

walkdev (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:35:40 PM

You could try going after Myriadcoin it's paying out about 1000 per block so you could still get a good amount if you throw 1Gh at it or more.

Thanks very much! I did look at that, but didn't realise it was SHA256 as well as script, etc... Looks like it might be worth a much closer look!
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:42:01 PM

I strongly recommend this one. I'm also mining Myriadcoin, its about 500 satoshis on cryptsy. I'm mining it with my integrated GPU and it's going very well, but wih ur gear it will be just fine. It's also a good vcoin to investi in.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

walkdev (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:51:18 PM

Thank you as well! Always good to hear from someone with some experience of it as well! Is it something you'd use a pool for, or would you consider flying solo?
walkdev (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:25:34 PM

Just synchronising with the network now... Taking its time... And then I gotta work out how to set up the conf file and so on... That's my work cut out for the evening then! Wink
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:27:40 PM

Thank you as well! Always good to hear from someone with some experience of it as well! Is it something you'd use a pool for, or would you consider flying solo?

I would recomend a pool, here's the one I'm using: myr.nut2pools.com  or you can go to their bitcointalk post and find more information or another pool if you want. Also you can go to http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency and find some more alt-coins to mine. Cheers!

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:14:02 AM

I`m aware your direction is to mine bitcoin or trading the alt coins to bitcoins on a alt exchange.

But the best way to get bitcoin is focus on making dollars then buying it at a good price.

It helps a lot of time and can be very rewarding then most people think.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 02:17:42 AM

Hi everyone - I'm new here, having recently come across the whole Bitcoin thing and having dipped my toes in the water, I'm looking to join a pool and get some mining done with a couple of Antminer ASICs... Waiting to take delivery of them now!

Just enough time to try and work out which ones I want to go for... Excuse the pun, but it's a minefield out there! I've heard that something with low difficulty might be good to go for right now - something like Unobtanium or (relative to BTC at least) Peercoin...

Welcome to the the Forum.

I think you might have a go at mining Goldcoin (GLD). We have a very friendly mining community.
walkdev (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:07:46 AM

Thanks, MicroGuy! Will look into that one... One of my ASICs turned up this morning, so looking forward to having a play with it and setting it up later on! Smiley
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:26:15 PM

Its great to hear that you started mining and considered with all bitcoin news going on.

For started, despite the low difficulty part, its actually a daily to weekly increase which most peoples response is towards mining alt coins.

Just know that mining directly is still a profit scenario, it just depends on how you look at things.

If you can flip one 1 thz miner from cointerra or any of those, and get yourself a free 1 thz to mine with consider that route.

I remember when I 1st had the 5ghz bfl jalapeno and its the similar scenario back then, just didnt know much about holding on to the bitcoin.

In total I mined about 3-4 bitcoins included when 60ghz came out. Then sold all the miners. You just need cash to buy a fair price for the 1 thz.
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:31:10 PM

Welcome.

You could check Coinwarz (http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency) from time to time, to check the difficulties and profits of different coins. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: