Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:03:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit-Pay for Mining?  (Read 3842 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 09:10:29 PM

Has anyone thought about this yet?

Bit-Pay allows for merchants to essentially accept Bitcoins as cash that gets deposited directly into their bank accounts.

Is there any way to extend this service to allow a miner to instantly convert pool payouts into cash that is also directly deposited into his/her bank account?

Edit:  I think Bit-Pay could REALLY profit from this.

Edit 2:  Hey Bit-Pay, could I arrange something like this with you individually?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 09:16:19 PM

Bit-Pay allows for merchants to essentially accept Bitcoins as cash that gets deposited directly into their bank accounts.

Is there any way to extend this service to allow a miner to instantly convert pool payouts into cash that is also directly deposited into his/her bank account?

Edit 2:  Hey Bit-Pay, could I arrange something like this with you individually?
EclipseMC already offers this in the form of a PayPal cashout option, but this would be a good thing to have for other pools.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 09:18:01 PM

EclipseMC already offers this in the form of a PayPal cashout option, but this would be a good thing to have for other pools.

I'd prefer direct deposit to PayPal.  PayPal can kindly suck it.  But duly noted.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 09:21:21 PM

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 09:26:39 PM

I believe that you can direct deposit into your MtGox account with only one easy step, albeit it'll take at least 7 steps to get it back out.

gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 09:28:04 PM

Or a Bit-Pay deposit card....
https://bit-pay.com/cards.html

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 09:29:24 PM

Edit 2:  Hey Bit-Pay, could I arrange something like this with you individually?

This would work, although we don't recommend it.  It's like running your own credit card on a sale at your own business to live off the float.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 09:34:45 PM

Edit 2:  Hey Bit-Pay, could I arrange something like this with you individually?

This would work, although we don't recommend it.  It's like running your own credit card on a sale at your own business to live off the float.

I could easily see you guys banking huge if you teamed up with some pools to offer this feature (of course, promising not to release any banking info to the pools themselves).
CoinExchanger

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 09:36:25 PM

I believe that you can direct deposit into your MtGox account with only one easy step, albeit it'll take at least 7 steps to get it back out.

Business is booming on our side, precisely because we do NOT require any type of personal documents for you to get your money. We offer instant withdrawals 24/7.

Visit, www.coinexchanger.com

PS. If for any reason you can NOT get "verified" with MtGox, and you need your money, they will go into a "detailed review" of your account which could take months to complete. Only then they will refund your account. BEWARE!
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 09:45:18 PM

Business is booming on our side, precisely because we do NOT require any type of personal documents for you to get your money. We offer instant withdrawals 24/7.

PS. If for any reason you can NOT get "verified" with MtGox, and you need your money, they will go into a "detailed review" of your account which could take months to complete. Only then they will refund your account. BEWARE!

6% on withdraws is a bit high even for me.

MaxSan

Activity: 369

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 01:02:37 AM

Ruxums pool offered this. Payout in like 14 currencys or something.

Just need miners on it !
CoinExchanger

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 01:15:40 AM

Thank you for your feedback pirate. We now lowered our fees to 3.5%!!
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 01:16:23 AM

Ruxums pool offered this. Payout in like 14 currencys or something.

Just need miners on it !

Why the hell isn't this implemented everywhere?  If everybody's so worried about being able to convert Bitcoins into (insert currency here) quickly and easily, wouldn't this be an easy solution to ease the worries of miners looking to recoup their hardware investment?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 01:26:51 AM

A lot of people who are still mining are long term holding, or accumulate and sell into peaks. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 01:30:40 AM

A lot of people who are still mining are long term holding, or accumulate and sell into peaks. 

Sure, I get that, but the fees taken from withdrawing from an exchange might minimize the profit generated from selling into short peak, especially if we're talking about a wire transfer.

Why not simply make it a payment option like PPS or proportional (i.e. PPS, proportional, or direct deposit)?
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 01:35:01 AM

Thank you for your feedback pirate. We now lowered our fees to 3.5%!!

Now we are talking!!!

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 01:35:40 AM

What I want is a bot to monitor the market, and determine the best time to sell my mining profits. Then it could be completely automated using an exchange's API. It wouldn't sell unless it met a minimum target amount, and then it would immediately withdraw. In my case, any withdrawals sent to Dwolla are automatically credited to my bank account, no button pushing needed.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 06:15:35 AM

Sure, I get that, but the fees taken from withdrawing from an exchange might minimize the profit generated from selling into short peak, especially if we're talking about a wire transfer.

Why not simply make it a payment option like PPS or proportional (i.e. PPS, proportional, or direct deposit)?

Why would that be lower fees.

What do you think the pool operator is doing behind the scenes.

Hint #1: Selling bitcoins on an exchange for fiat (same fees)
Hint #2: Performing ACH transaction to deposit funds (same fees)
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 08:56:28 PM

What I want is a bot to monitor the market, and determine the best time to sell my mining profits.

If you can do that successfully, forget mining, just buy and sell. Might as well forget Bitcoin while you are at it, I'm sure there are other, easier to time markets. I mean, if your goal is simply fiat gains.  Grin
I only want this until my rigs are paid off, then I will HOARD HOARD HOARD HOARD until $30 again Grin

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 03:50:48 AM

We have now launched this service.  Limits apply $1000 USD per day, but anyone mining that much in a day probably already has a cashout system figured out

https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-mining-payouts

We also support bitcoin to bank deposits to 9 other countries

https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-direct-deposit

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: