Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:42:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Society that can use system with Base wage  (Read 1176 times)
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:50:54 PM

In my beliefs a good society should aim to provide a base wage for every citizen as this will mean people will not be forced to work like slaves in the same lame jobs for years on end. A base wage would stop crime from happening as people are desperate to feed their appetites, which always extend further than just food and shelter, wouldn't have to resort to drastic methods.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:59:58 PM

That's in idea that's been thrown around for a while now. The trouble is, where does the funds for this base wage come from? Most governments can't even cover their pension obligations.

BitBlitz

Activity: 285

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:00:07 PM

And who pays your base wage?

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
zolace (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:04:30 PM

That's in idea that's been thrown around for a while now. The trouble is, where does the funds for this base wage come from? Most governments can't even cover their pension obligations.
Not everyone wants to follow the un-natural rhythm of modern society where you are nearly always have to go to bed or get out of bed when you don't feel like it.
All the money our society spends bullshizzz could be shifted to make a system that provides for the more animalistic sub class of humans. The IMF donated 17 billion dollars to Ukraine to help bail them out, so how hard can it to make a base wage for needy "irresponsible" people, so they don't have to get shit jobs in KFC.
It would be beneficial for society as people wouldnt have to work in crap jobs anymore etc etc.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:07:10 PM

I find it rather weird to say that the introduction of a base wage will solve or stop crime. Also, a lot of countries in Europe have a base wage. most people live in a country, which has one of the highest base wages in Europe. The only problem is that the difference between working and not-working should be kept large enough to give people who don't work more incentives to start working. This is not the case in some countries right now, so a large amount prefers to live on only the base wage. The problem in the US is more complex I believe, because it's such a different country with a different law and state structure.
I believe a minimum wage could be introduced in your country but not for the reasons you state. It should not be a reason for people not to work, but rather to help people who can't work.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
BitBlitz

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:12:34 PM

Answer: Because I don't want to bust my ass and work hard to pay for some loser to sit at home and watch Jerry Springer all day.

sana8410

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:16:01 PM

Answer: Because I don't want to bust my ass and work hard to pay for some loser to sit at home and watch Jerry Springer all day.

IMAO funny

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:17:34 PM

Well it happens now cause I love to watch Jerry springer and Montel Willams

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
BitBlitz

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:18:35 PM

Well it happens now cause I love to watch Jerry springer and Montel Willams
Did I call that or what??  Cheesy

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:31:25 PM

who is going to be working at Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Would this means that "responsible" people would be working for less than those who comit crimes?

Since the economic recession, more people are now working for a basic wage than before, when there were more opportunities for school leavers and career prospects for students. Now they have less choice and could end up selling fast food when they would rather be in a higher-paying profession or ve at least have a job with prospects.

umair127

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:33:18 PM

In my beliefs a good society should aim to provide a base wage for every citizen as this will mean people will not be forced to work like slaves in the same lame jobs for years on end. A base wage would stop crime from happening as people are desperate to feed their appetites, which always extend further than just food and shelter, wouldn't have to resort to drastic methods.
no one is forced to work like a slave. they chose that job because that's the only job they can get with the skills they have. if someone doesn't like their job they should better themselves to achieve the work they desire.

noviapriani

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:59:19 PM

I think a lot of citizens from welfare states kind of have a crutch mentality knowing that they always have something to fall back upon. For those of us who don't have the government backing us up, the hunger that we have to go through, the need to feed our family would force us to be more proactive in finding a job. I truly believe that my unemployment episode had made me stronger as a person, and perhaps I wouldn't be who I am today if I were living in a welfare state.

sana8410

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:01:48 PM

who is going to be working at Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Would this means that "responsible" people would be working for less than those who comit crimes?

Since the economic recession, more people are now working for a basic wage than before, when there were more opportunities for school leavers and career prospects for students. Now they have less choice and could end up selling fast food when they would rather be in a higher-paying profession or ve at least have a job with prospects.

Not too sure whether that is a good idea but l can see something like that coming into play in the future when more control is needed but l cannot see it happening anytime soon as it will not benefit everyone (employers), when we do get to that stage we are definitely in trouble because that means people will not be able to rise as everyone is getting the same wage so how do people get to go on holidays or buy a car if everyone is getting the same pay and they are all paying out the same amount of money week.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:20:19 PM

The reason I'm for a base wage is, I completely struggle to integrate myself with the society I live in. If I want to get a job, I have to change my personality and the way I dress to fit anothers expectations. Sure, theres plenty of jobs out there that might be able to incorporate my genuine self, but that doesnt mean those jobs are something that I am enthusiastic about doing. I am not a person who fits into the "job culture". When I go to a job interview I don't want to have to pretend that I give a shit, like I wouldnt rather be chillin or killin. I want to go there and they say, okay here have a job, go do some work and you get money. I don't want to have to put up a fake smile.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
umair127

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:23:03 PM

I think a lot of citizens from welfare states kind of have a crutch mentality knowing that they always have something to fall back upon. For those of us who don't have the government backing us up, the hunger that we have to go through, the need to feed our family would force us to be more proactive in finding a job. I truly believe that my unemployment episode had made me stronger as a person, and perhaps I wouldn't be who I am today if I were living in a welfare state.
Base wage by my opinion is not a good idea, you will just make people not work and recieve benefits for that. I am conservative in spirit, so my opinion probably comes from that. But if you want to protect your citizens not starving to death and simmilar, give them food, give them shelter, give them the basic needs, but do not give them the money they did not earn.

sana8410

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:30:01 PM

The problem is, even if this was provided (putting aside all problems such as: where does the money come from? And so on...) it wouldn't work in a lot of countries. For example, in my country the social security net is amazing. If you lose your job, you get money from the government until you've found a job. If you're sick and can't work, you get money. It's not much, but it will be enough for you to live on until you've found a job. And this is not some 2-month thing, they will provide you with money for as long as you keep searching actively for a job.

However, some people still end up homeless. Why? Many of them are drug addicts who doesn't use the opportunity they were given on searching for a job, instead they use the money they get to take drugs, and when the government stops giving them money because they're not searching for a job/just using the money for drugs: they end up on the street. A base wage society is like an utopical thought if you ask me, and I would be really happy to see it work in some countries (Didn't Schweiz decide to do something like this?), but I don't think it would work well on a global scale.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:33:24 PM

This is unfair, think about it. Where will the money for base wage come from? People's taxes? so if you lessen the amount of people working then wouldn't that lead to less tax money for the government? and also what about the people who are paying their taxes and working their asses off, then here comes the government giving away their hard earned money to lazy people. Not only will the government be bankrupt people will riot as well.

sana8410

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:42:32 PM

This is unfair, think about it. Where will the money for base wage come from? People's taxes? so if you lessen the amount of people working then wouldn't that lead to less tax money for the government? and also what about the people who are paying their taxes and working their asses off, then here comes the government giving away their hard earned money to lazy people. Not only will the government be bankrupt people will riot as well.

Also another significant problem is that we have a Minimum Basic wage law which is very good on paper but in reality there are people who abuse this law and still give below minimum wage to manual laborers. This is the sad thing that people are doing, making money out of people's misery. Hopefully laws will have more teeth in the few years to come as I believe our generation will overturn these infuriating circumstances our country is in.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:44:38 PM

Even in wealthy countries, such as US and UK, there are many people living on a minimum wage or part time income. Food prices are rising and salaries are not.

BitBlitz

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:51:38 PM

The reason I'm for a base wage is, I completely struggle to integrate myself with the society I live in. If I want to get a job, I have to change my personality and the way I dress to fit anothers expectations. Sure, theres plenty of jobs out there that might be able to incorporate my genuine self, but that doesnt mean those jobs are something that I am enthusiastic about doing. I am not a person who fits into the "job culture". When I go to a job interview I don't want to have to pretend that I give a shit, like I wouldnt rather be chillin or killin. I want to go there and they say, okay here have a job, go do some work and you get money. I don't want to have to put up a fake smile.
If you want what society offers--even if that is sitting on your ass watching Jerry and Montel, how can you rant about having to fit in?...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: