Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:01:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GHASH seems to be down  (Read 1466 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 05:57:05 PM

Haven't been able to connect for about 40 minutes. Anyone else?

I can connect to other pools very quickly and hash right away....seems to be related only to GHASH for now. Hey, at least my little alert  script I wrote worked!

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
parle111

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:25:05 PM

I can connect to other pools very quickly and hash right away....seems to be related only to GHASH for now. Hey, at least my little alert  script I wrote worked!

Yep down for me too!  I notice the last two days that hashing went to zero for a bit early in the morning, before bouncing back up.  At first I thought it was me, but then I realized that the equipment I have in two different locations went down at the same time, so it must've been GHash.  So, I contacted them.  I got the line "we had an issue, but everything is fine now".  Just then everything started crashing.  My S1's could not connect at all.  I switched over to Eligius and everything connected straight away.  So, I contacted them again.  They claim there is "no problem".  Well, my zero hash rate says otherwise.  I'm sticking with Eligius for right now until they figure it out, and more importantly, ADMIT to problems.

One thing I noticed lately was that when creating a new worker, it would say it's connected to uk1.ghash.io, even if I specified the US server.  This morning I noticed my workers now report us1.ghash.io.  So, whatever fix they made for that really screwed things up. 
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:38:25 PM

I can connect to other pools very quickly and hash right away....seems to be related only to GHASH for now. Hey, at least my little alert  script I wrote worked!

Yep down for me too!  I notice the last two days that hashing went to zero for a bit early in the morning, before bouncing back up.  At first I thought it was me, but then I realized that the equipment I have in two different locations went down at the same time, so it must've been GHash.  So, I contacted them.  I got the line "we had an issue, but everything is fine now".  Just then everything started crashing.  My S1's could not connect at all.  I switched over to Eligius and everything connected straight away.  So, I contacted them again.  They claim there is "no problem".  Well, my zero hash rate says otherwise.  I'm sticking with Eligius for right now until they figure it out, and more importantly, ADMIT to problems.

One thing I noticed lately was that when creating a new worker, it would say it's connected to uk1.ghash.io, even if I specified the US server.  This morning I noticed my workers now report us1.ghash.io.  So, whatever fix they made for that really screwed things up.  

I'm able to connect to their UK based server, but not their US server.
By the way, you actually called them and got a mining pool on the phone?

parle111

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:42:19 PM

I can connect to other pools very quickly and hash right away....seems to be related only to GHASH for now. Hey, at least my little alert  script I wrote worked!

Yep down for me too!  I notice the last two days that hashing went to zero for a bit early in the morning, before bouncing back up.  At first I thought it was me, but then I realized that the equipment I have in two different locations went down at the same time, so it must've been GHash.  So, I contacted them.  I got the line "we had an issue, but everything is fine now".  Just then everything started crashing.  My S1's could not connect at all.  I switched over to Eligius and everything connected straight away.  So, I contacted them again.  They claim there is "no problem".  Well, my zero hash rate says otherwise.  I'm sticking with Eligius for right now until they figure it out, and more importantly, ADMIT to problems.

One thing I noticed lately was that when creating a new worker, it would say it's connected to uk1.ghash.io, even if I specified the US server.  This morning I noticed my workers now report us1.ghash.io.  So, whatever fix they made for that really screwed things up.  

No phone-- email.

UPDATE:

Well, my pool is recovering.  And I noticed that my worker now says "uk1.ghash.io" again, even though I specified the US server.  So, whatever they were working on, didn't work so well, so they put it back.  I guess we're stuck with the UK server until they figure it out.  Well, at least it WORKS, so that's OK.   
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:48:00 PM

No phone-- email.

UPDATE:

Well, my pool is recovering.  And I noticed that my worker now says "uk1.ghash.io" again, even though I specified the US server.  So, whatever they were working on, didn't work so well, so they put it back.  I guess we're stuck with the UK server until they figure it out.  Well, at least it WORKS, so that's OK.   

I manually switched over to the UK server and it came back up...so I guess something is going on. Hard to tell someone that knows everything there is a problem.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:26:30 PM

UK server just went down. 2 straight days of issues.  Undecided

parle111

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:30:55 PM

UK server just went down. 2 straight days of issues.  Undecided

Ha!  And here I was just going to change all my Ant S1's over to the UK servers.  Nope.  Sticking with Eligius for now.   
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:36:49 PM

UK server just went down. 2 straight days of issues.  Undecided

Ha!  And here I was just going to change all my Ant S1's over to the UK servers.  Nope.  Sticking with Eligius for now.  

I switched my failover pool to eligius. I like the higher luck and payouts of Ghash but that is offset by the repeated issues right now.

marvinmartian

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:09:38 PM

Up and down for me too today.  Reconnected briefly but then got booted to fallback.  Hope they work it out.

"... and the geeks shall inherit the earth."
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:22:57 PM

Down also, moved the miners.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Chrithu

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:25:40 PM

In the last two days it seems that everytime they hit and went over the 25 PH/s mark the pool started to get in trouble. Maybe their network infrastructure reached a breaking point and needs to be upgraded.

Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:45:31 PM

Seen issues with EMC over the last hour, too.  Wonder whether there is a DOS going on affecting multiple pools?
fzminer

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:56:37 AM

i here also like this, and my clent have a little angry Sad
rhj12345

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:36:14 AM

If I move all my S1's to Eligius, do I just use one public address for all of them?

Seems to be the way to go.

Please let me know, kind of tired of Ghash always going down.

Thanks

Rob Cool

aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:40:24 AM

If I move all my S1's to Eligius, do I just use one public address for all of them?

Thanks

Rob Cool

I don't understand why you think you need to move anything? The S1 lets you input 3 pools and it's all automatic. If your first pool goes down then it switches to the next pool on your list and when your first choice comes back up it will switch back. I use the GHash US pool as #1 and have the UK pool as my #2 pool then have BTC guild as my third. Mine switched over to BTC Guild on its own and came back to GHash once they were back up. I don't care for Eligius pool when I mined there. The pool had a lot of issues with payouts and it says it a 0% fee pool but good luck ever seeing 100% payout of your shares. I was at 97% and see a lot others now at low 90's and will never see 100%. Slush's pool is another bad choice as a back up pool as your shares will be loss if your miner switches back over to GHash and a block is not found by Slush soon afterwards which most likely will not happen as they only find a couple blocks per day, so your mining shares will be worthless.
mojacho

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:59:21 PM

So many people are mining at ghash.
May I know what is the reason mining at there?
Can any1 share?

SecureErase

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:16:56 PM

I could use a script that alerts when mining goes down. What does yours do?

BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:18:49 PM

So many people are mining at ghash.
May I know what is the reason mining at there?
Can any1 share?

the ability to exchange coins for another. Although it's limited.
Multipool support that converts the coins into ltc or btc of your choosing.
Merged mining as well.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Majixagi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:46:09 PM

Merged mining is nice. I have no idea why some of the other larger pools don't implement it. As with NMC on Eligius, if people don't want it they don't need to take them. The stability on Ghash is bad for me lately, and not just disconnects, but also mining speed up and down, but I'm not sure where else I can merge mine in a pool.

has not sold out
parle111

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:49:37 PM

Thanks

Rob Cool

Yep.  I moved everything to Eligius for now.  Payout seems the same to me as Ghash.  Funny thing, but I have 10 Antminer U1's connected to Minepeon, and when I changed the pool from Ghash to Eligius, the hash speed went up.  Don't know why, but I get about another 5 or 6 GHS now.  Or at least that's what Minepeon is saying.  

Anyway, to answer your question, you just need a single Bitcoin address for all of the S1's.  With Eligius, you can use the same Bitcoin address for all of your devices.  You can create a new address to keep things separate, or just use your default Bitcoin address.  Load the address as the username in the S1's (no password).   For the pool, use: stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334

The S1 does give you an option for up to 3 pools, but I don't use that.  I only use one at a time.  It takes all of 20 seconds to log in and change the pool to something else if there's a problem.  But to each his own.  

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: