Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:22:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flash Gaming For Bitcoins  (Read 2166 times)
yerghaiz (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:01:33 PM

Hey everybody.  I'm fairly new to the cryptocurrency scene, and I'm trying to figure out how I would integrate a flash gaming arcade with a faucet style system, where users can come play the games, and either based on a win/lose trigger, or based on score, get an amount of satoshi.  GorillaBitBattles is a decent concept implementation of this, and I would love to take my Flash/AS3/Stencyl skills, and follow suit, giving the bitcoin community the opportunity to play games to earn bitcoins, without having to gamble for it, or wait long periods for a few satoshi.  I know virtually nothing about web development, but I make some pretty decent flash games. 

So here's what I would like to have set up, if at all possible:

User Registration
A unique wallet for each user to withdraw/deposit bitcoins in to.
An API system for use with the flash games to determine if/how many satoshi should be distributed to the user's wallet
A minimum withdraw amount from the user wallet, to the wallet of their choice.
Preferably, I would like to set up an advertising system where the revenue that users are being paid out comes from the ad revenue on the page.

I'm not looking to make a large profit on this, by any means.  More than anything, I think the play for bitcoins system would help bolster the bitcoin community as a whole.

Any help, suggested reading, ideas, links, etc... that would help in this endeavor would be greatly appreciated.
spring.yu

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies is future

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:59:58 AM

Hello, We could do it together.
please PM me when you online.
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:11:41 AM

Every single game you make will have to be mirrored on the server-side, otherwise clients will just get hacked instantly, and you'll lose BTC.
yerghaiz (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

Every single game you make will have to be mirrored on the server-side, otherwise clients will just get hacked instantly, and you'll lose BTC.

Didn't stop to think about that.  So, would this be an issue of user security, or flash security?  If it is a matter of flash security, there are a number of ways that anti-cheating could be implemented, from, as you said, mirroring each game server-side (I'm assuming this is similar to what facebook games do?), to adding anti-cheat systems to the code for each game itself, i.e. if it were a top-down shooter, before the score is submitted, the game would check number/type of enemies killed vs. shots fired vs. score vs. a random seed per play to make sure that all four correlate before a score is submitted.  Just an example. Since we are basically talking minigames, there wouldn't be any local storage that someone could modify to get ahead. 

If it is a matter of user security, i.e. users accounts/wallets being hacked, it is my (limited) understanding of the bitcoin system that, sans hacking the actual user account, one would basically have to hack the blockchain faster than the entire bitcoin network. 

So, in summary, I suppose that server-side mirroring of games would probably be the easiest way to keep my BTC secure.  Looks like I have some googling to do.

Thank you for the advice.
Bibop

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:59:31 PM

How all the BTC gambling sites secure their system?
How a hacker can hack to a wallet that not exist in the system and changing his address in every use?
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:23:18 AM

to adding anti-cheat systems to the code for each game itself, i.e. if it were a top-down shooter, before the score is submitted, the game would check number/type of enemies killed vs. shots fired vs. score vs. a random seed per play to make sure that all four correlate before a score is submitted.  Just an example.

Wont work. At the point the score is submitted to the server there is an HTTP call. Hackers can find that call, replicate it and submit it outside of the game with whatever value they like.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: