Author Topic: test  (Read 7393 times)
Ardant (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 06:41:41 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2022, 03:14:34 PM by Ardant

test test
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jake262144

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 11:57:02 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2012, 12:55:21 PM by jake262144

Don't do anything stupid PERIOD

If you use such "anonymity" break the law, it's just a matter of what resources will be allocated to finding you.
That GSM modem of yours has its unique IMEI and serial number. Your carrier is able to estimate your location.
TOR does not protect you against advanced traffic analysis.
Your Windows might just connect to Redmond, do the usual handshake, and request updates while you're "anonymizing" yourself.

Not understanding (or not fully understanding) the technology you're attempting to use is bound to have serious consequences should you try something dumb.

Also, since this is bitcointalk.org and not crimetalk.org i request </thread> EDIT::I may have overreacted here
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:31:29 PM

OP never said anything about doing anything illegal. Criminals usually do something stupid and get caught. Nobody smart would post a question like this on the internet which could be data mined from ISP logs if they were planning something illegal. I'm waiting for a big crackdown on SR like we saw with Megaupload.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:37:07 PM

this?
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/cell-phone-detail.aspx?class=prepaid&cell-phone=T-Mobile-Rocket-4G-USB-Laptop-Stick

jake262144

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:45:50 PM

OP never said anything about doing anything illegal.
My mistake, he's apparently going through all the hassle to send anonymous birthday wishes to his granny Wink

I see a problem with your reasoning though:
Criminals usually do something stupid and get caught.  Nobody smart would post a question like this on the internet which could be data mined from ISP logs if they were planning something illegal.
It's the "nobody smart would do that because it's stupid to post such a question && criminals do stupid things" part that I can't get through.
Help me out, apply logic 101 to what you just said and re-evaluate the OP(1)  Grin

Explanation:
(1) From the two facts:
      1. Criminals do dumb things.
      2. Asking questions concerning anonymity on the public internet prior to doing something illlegal is dumb.
     we can deduce that the OP, having just posed such a question, might be one of the... guys doing dumb things.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2012, 12:59:02 PM

ok.Here's what I know.In UK,you can buy a prepaid mobile broadband dongle (3G) with cash without ID (yet),then you can buy the top up vouchers with cash as well.All you need to do then is add the topup to your dongle (both items are paid in cash) and there you go.That could very well change in the future.

What other countries can you buy dongle and topups in cash without ID? to help the OP with.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
jake262144

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 01:03:44 PM

Yes, let's help the OP. I'll just repeat what I already said in my first post:
purchasing a pre-paid wireless device is far from sufficient for guaranteeing anonymous internet usage.

Anyone relying solely on that step is bound to be sorely disappointed when push comes to shove.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 02:02:05 PM

OP never said anything about doing anything illegal.
My mistake, he's apparently going through all the hassle to send anonymous birthday wishes to his granny Wink

I see a problem with your reasoning though:
Criminals usually do something stupid and get caught.  Nobody smart would post a question like this on the internet which could be data mined from ISP logs if they were planning something illegal.
It's the "nobody smart would do that because it's stupid to post such a question && criminals do stupid things" part that I can't get through.
Help me out, apply logic 101 to what you just said and re-evaluate the OP(1)  Grin

Explanation:
(1) From the two facts:
      1. Criminals do dumb things.
      2. Asking questions concerning anonymity on the public internet prior to doing something illlegal is dumb.
     we can deduce that the OP, having just posed such a question, might be one of the... guys doing dumb things.

You just cracked the code.  Cheesy

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 04:41:06 PM

I'd like a way to access the internet in anonymous fashion from my home, without having to sign up for an internet service where I have to give my identity.
Wireless PERIOD won't help you there. You might as well use a regular connection behind Tor. The only way wireless would help is if you only give the wireless modem (which, along with the plan, can be bought anonymously) power when you are far away from home, don't use it for long, and never use it in the same place twice. All wireless devices can be easily located, moreso when you are closer to a big city. (more towers = better accuracy)

jake262144

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 05:33:56 PM

...and don't use the same wireless device ever again. The same as the idea of cheap, discardible pre-paid phones some shady individuals tend to use, actually.
predic

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 07:14:38 PM

you can use tutorial from youtube to crack wireless, for example with backtrack linux: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG0Ff3Oser0

debit cards websites are companies registered in London by Lithuanians who demand from you your phone, ID and utility bill, that's enough for them to make offshore companies on your name without your knowledge and they can get a bank account and make financial crimes on your name, or they can simply sell IDs. don't give to anyone too much info.
why they need more than your ID when your local bank demands only ID?
don't use coinbase, they are NSA spying shit, they make database of people that use bitcoins.
jake262144

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 09:12:58 PM

you can use tutorial from youtube to crack wireless, for example with backtrack linux: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG0Ff3Oser0
I'm sorry, are you suggesting that he should break into some third party's WEP-secured WiFi for anonymity?
Surely, you must be joking, right?
I really hope you're not endorsing lawless acts, this is no crimetalk.org, damn it!
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 09:23:51 PM

...and don't use the same wireless device ever again. The same as the idea of cheap, discardible pre-paid phones some shady individuals tend to use, actually.

And don't forget to wear a ski mask and gloves when you go into the store to buy the wireless dongle. Also feign a limp and wear a different brand shoe on each foot. Am I missing anything else? Smiley
Sev3n

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 02:49:05 AM

I think it would be easier to just buy a used laptop in cash, then use a public hot spot. Maybe use a program that will spoof mac address.
fb39ca4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

PlayGame.com

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 03:30:44 AM

Yeah, that is much simpler and cheaper. Buy a "new" used laptop every 3 months and keep on switching between different McDonald's, Starbucks, etc. for extra security.

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
Costia

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 03:39:24 AM

Tor on a public wifi spot isnt good enough?
scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 03:56:09 AM

Or maybe spoof the IMEI/other identifiers to new values periodically, as well as the physical location precautions others have suggested.

I don't want OP to do something stupid either, but assuming someone who wants anonymity must be planning to use it for something illegal, seems unfair on a board dedicated to a currency with pseudo-anonymity as one of its goals.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 04:05:22 AM

Or maybe spoof the IMEI ...

that is illegal Mr.

I learned allot on browsing anonymously from when i found out about bitcoin, there is lots of information out there that you can use for your benefit without breaking any law. I don't do illegal things online really just i don't like being "watched".

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 04:41:52 AM

Or maybe spoof the IMEI ...

that is illegal Mr.

I learned allot on browsing anonymously from when i found out about bitcoin, there is lots of information out there that you can use for your benefit without breaking any law. I don't do illegal things online really just i don't like being "watched".

Yeah, I guess I should have put a disclaimer.  Maybe I'm naive or unscrupulous, but I feel that "theoretical discussion" on this stuff is useful and OK for educational purposes -- I say draw the line at actually giving how-to's on doing something in the "grey area" or worse.  BTW, I was also thinking about MAC address, which should be fine to change.

I was going to dig into the (il)legality of doing stuff like this in the US purely for anonymity (not theft, eavesdropping, fraud, etc.) as I'm not seeing a readily apparent indication either way... but probably best to just leave it alone here.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
Regex

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 10:27:20 AM

OP never said anything about doing anything illegal. Criminals usually do something stupid and get caught. Nobody smart would post a question like this on the internet which could be data mined from ISP logs if they were planning something illegal. I'm waiting for a big crackdown on SR like we saw with Megaupload.

I seriously doubt that.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: