Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:01:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you in favor of the Bitcoin Foundation.
Yes - 9 (25%)
No - 27 (75%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] Are you in favor of the Bitcoin Foundation?  (Read 824 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:06:48 AM

Since the recent controversy over The Bitcoin Foundation what are your thoughts on the foundation do are you in favor of it?

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:50:57 AM

So far 1 in favor of the organization and 9 against.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:52:09 AM

I am not at all. It has little to do with the pedophile rumor. That might be a homophobic slander and I don't really care enough to read up on it to find out. My issue is that I don't see the point of it except to provide people with high paying jobs to not really accomplish a whole lot. We don't need a group of overpaid people to operate in secret and make decisions about our community. We all ready have this kind of thing. We call them congress and the federal reserve.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 02:02:16 AM

Just make it Andreas and Stefan Molyneux, fire everyone else. I would throw money at anything involving those two.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:08:31 AM

Just make it Andreas and Stefan Molyneux, fire everyone else. I would throw money at anything involving those two.

Quoted for truth. I love watching them speak. It was the dinner party talk that Andreas gave that got me fully into bitcoin. You can't help but believe when you listen to him talk about it.

btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:26:52 AM

I expected this. Even lower than Obama's approval rating.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:53:15 PM

I expected this. Even lower than Obama's approval rating.

it's funny how the foundation still insists they represent everyone.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:31:29 PM

The latest controversy isn't about the Foundation but about some people who happen to be among its members. Let's forget them, BTC will outlive them.

We need some kind of an organization to stand behind BTC if there's a problem with the blockchain, or some major issue like MtGox's failure. The Foundation isn't perfect, but I'd say it's doing what it's intended to do.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Slingshot

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:26:55 PM

The current and past self titled, self absorbed 'Bitcoin Foundation' isn't worthy of Bitcoin. 

Apparently many others believe the same things.

As far as I have been able to deduce only Gavin Andresen is extremely worthy to be in any leadership role concerning Bitcoin, thank goodness we all have Mr. Andresen leading the Development of Bitcoin and at the Bitcoin Foundation.

Maybe others too are very worthy leading the Bitcoin Foundation that are currently in leadership positions at the Foundation but I cannot be anywhere near certain of that at this point in time.

Like the vast majority (I hope) I am all in favor of a representative body for helping lead Bitcoin.

Yet the Bitcoin Foundation to date is an overall embarrassment. Nothing can stop Bitcoin, that's apparent. But many things can slow it down and hinder it, including poor leadership.

I am extremely concerned about many past and present members of the Foundation should have never made it to a leadership position at the Bitcoin Foundation in the first place, nor even been considered, nor should have an owner of any Exchange been the one to found the Bitcoin Foundation in the first place.

It appears this is more a self serving quasi-business-political organization that doesn't concern itself much about leading Bitcoin, but instead the members own personal business agenda's far too very often.

Stand up, be heard, make a stand, do what can be done to make things better, object when nothing else is possible, and if required stand aside and let it self destruct. And if nothing else at least sound out about what one believes and what one objects to publicly, and not merely behind closed doorways.

***************************************************************************************
 As for the current voting requirements for positions at the Bitcoin Foundation; that too must end. At most a
 very modest enrollment fee to become an annual member should be all that's required to cast one's vote,
nothing more, nor anything less than the BTC equivalent of $10 to $20 annually should be all that it takes
to allow one's voice/vote to be heard/cast. When this finally occurs I will join, until then I will continue to
cringe concerning almost everything about the so called Bitcoin Foundation.
***************************************************************************************

Make no mistake: The Bitcoin Foundation doesn't represent those like myself. I also believe the Bitcoin Foundation doesn't have Dorian Satoshi's blessing either, not after reading the Bitcoin Whitepaper more than a couple of times.

As stated before Gavin Andresen does have my full faith and support as do many others including apparently Dorian Satoshi.

Many others also truly help lead Bitcoin from all corners of the Bitcoin community, yet the Bitcoin Foundation doesn't seem to care for anything but a semi-dictatorial self along with of course grossly restricted voting audience for the said Bitcoin Foundation.

I only suggest to drop any possible conflicting personal political monetary beliefs when it comes to doing what's best for Bitcoin and it's future and open up the voting of all Board Membership to all Bitcoin Foundation members and keep those annual fees for membership at a very modest amount.  Otherwise those on the Board at the Bitcoin Foundation can fully expect to be a lot more than merely challenged.

Caveat emptor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: