Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:26:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Newnote Miners Official Launch!  (Read 3379 times)
NewnoteMiners (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:08:23 AM

NEWNOTE MINERS IS NOW LIVE!

Today marks the day that we can finally launch properly!  We've been in testing phase for the past few weeks, having troubles with our payment processor.  But all the kinks are worked out, and we are ready to go!

http://www.newnoteminers.com/

Newnote Miners is a cloud mining solution with competitive pricing.  Unlike other mining sites, we have 0 fees.  Every cost has been included in the initial investment, so once you're started, you keep 100% of the mining profits.  

We accept Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin as payment.  We're working on accepting Credit Cards as well.  Cost/gigahash is calculated off of our formulas to price the different lengths of plans, but it is all based off 2$/gigahash for a 3 month contract, which gives you excellent chance to make returns.  We'll be updating our plan's pricing periodically as well to make sure that it always stays competitive.

Once payment has received 6 confirmations, the plan will start.  You can get started within hours!

All of our payments and payouts are automatic!  It's just like a mining pool, you can set a wallet balance threshold, and as soon as your balance passes that, your coins are withdrawn to the wallet of your choice.  You can get payouts as often as you like, no waiting on daily or weekly payouts.

With out payout structure, payments are within 99.9% of what is expected.  So you know that you get all the mining power you paid for, 24/7. In the case of errors, we have a 10% contingency fund of both hash power and mined BTC. If anything goes wrong for any reason, we can easily reimburse everyone for the time lost mining.

Come check us out, get started mining today!

http://www.newnoteminers.com/

About Us

Newnote Miners is a service offered by Newnote Financial.  We are a publicly traded company on both the Canadian Securities Exchange and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (CSE: NEU; FSE: 1W4).  We offer a wide range of services, ranging from cloud hashing, to our charity coin CryptoAid, to our Bitcoin ATMs located in Vancouver, BC.  We have a Bitcoin exchange in the works, that will be launching soon, that will be integrated with our cloud hashing site, to allow you to easily withdraw funds as fiat.  We are rapidly expanding, building an integrated platform that provides services across every level of the Bitcoin platform.

See our main site at http://www.newnote.com/
Xyver

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:19:24 AM

I've said it before, but I'll say it again to make sure it's clear.

I am the Data Centre Operations Manager at Newnote Financial, so I'm the one in charge of keeping Newnote Miners going.  If you have any questions, please direct them to the NewnoteMiners account, so I can answer them all easily. 

Also, anything posted from this account are my own personal views, and do not represent the interests of Newnote Miners or Newnote Financial.  If I have to make any official announcements, I will do so from the NewnoteMiners account.
arcen

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:23:28 AM

l'm interested in this service and try to purchase some ghs.

so when advanced plan was selected, then l choose #days and amount of GHs. but here is the problem - in any amount of GHs (even -1 0 1) it always shows "Number of GH/s must be between 1 and -1."
?
Pay87

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:39:03 AM

When will it be possible to use this service outside US and Canada?
Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:38:47 PM

When will it be possible to use this service outside US and Canada?
I emailed that question yesterday, but support is also just for US and Canada I think  Grin

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
NewnoteMiners (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:08:10 PM

@arcen I believe that error is because we are sold out!  I'm going to put the new "Super Jupiter" from KNC online today, so 3 terahashes will be available. Keep an eye on it, and try snag it quick!

EDIT:: Yes, I just tested. That is the reason of the error. I'll contact the programmers and make it say "Sorry, we're sold out!" So it's clearer. Thank you for telling me!

@pay87 The service is usable worldwide! We need to collect your address at the beginning, only for Canadian taxes. It should say "Canada" or "other". We're working on filling our database with every country and province, so soon every place will be an option. For now, you can just put US.
Pay87

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:55:59 PM

Would be a great success news for the Newnote website, to tell that you are already sold out!
And it would be also good to post when you think that new rigs are available.  Wink
Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:02:02 PM

Some other remarks:
You offer three Beginner plans, but why is the Gold plan "recommended for best results for first-timers" when ALL your plans are exactly the same: $1 for 5Ghs for 7 days?!

Second, $20 for 100Ghs = 0.04474 BTC. Estimate return after 7 days of mining at current difficulty: 0.03976 BTC. And luckily there's no difficulty jump during those 7 days, otherwise loss would be even worse.
Haven't done the math for Advanced, but both Beginner and Intermediate plans seem to be carefully measured to return no more then 90% of the investment amount. Just quick math with a sleepy brain, but it seems as if none of your plans are recommended. With just 7 days before people will have real numbers I hope those will look better.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
NewnoteMiners (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:38:02 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 07:36:31 PM by NewnoteMiners

@pay87 Yes, it is a good story! I will be posting when the new devices come.

@Mike18feb Yes, I calculated that for the beginner plans on purpose. The idea was to use PaymentWall as a payment processor, so we could accept Visa and Mastercard. With the beginner plans returning ~90% of the cost, it would be like buying BTC with a credit card, and you just had to wait for a little price increase.  Now that we're stuck with just Crypto payments, it makes less sense.  We're still talking to PaymentWall, so hopefully we can get credit card payments working soon. As for intermediate and advanced, I just did some estimates for difficulty, and made some formulas.

As for new machines... I tried to set up the 3th Jupiter today, it's a mess. It comes completally unassembled, with no instructions, so I had to figure out how to piece it together.  A bunch of the boards were broken, so it may not even work.  We have no PSUs as well... so I guess we have to wait a bit to get them online.

EDIT:: Here's the announcement: http://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.aspx?bid=Z-C:NEU-2177497&symbol=NEU&region=C&fmt=orig

EDIT EDIT:: We've fixed the issues as well. We have a new FAQ question, explaining how our service works. We added all the rest of the countries to the register page. And we fixed the issue where intermediate and advanced plans gave you funny numbers when we sold out. I also noticed that you could still buy beginner plans, even though we were sold out, but that's fixed too.
Pay87

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:48:26 AM

Thanks NewnoteMiners, very exciting I hope Newnote will push Bitcoins even more to the public soon.  Smiley
NewnoteMiners (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:03:45 AM

May 21, 2014

Well, I tried to take another crack at those "Super Jupiters".  They aren't very super at all!  I rebuilt them, checked every board, put all the "working" ones together.  Out of the 18 boards we got, only 12 of them still looked good.  The other 6 had pieces falling off of them.

I got them all together, then brought the 4 good boxes to the data center to test.  I plugged in 3 to the Beaglebone controller, with an 850 watt PSU, and tried to connect.  I couldn't find the IP address, so I went through some troubleshooting guides, and it said I had to reflash the SD card.  So I checked the boards, and lo and behold, NO SD CARD.  These things are a disaster.  I'll keep trying to fix them, and hopefully we'll get lucky.  I've learned now that the pieces falling off the boards are resistors, so I may be able to repair that.  Stay tuned for more updates on the adventures of the Super Jupiters!

On a better note, we received an Antminer S2 today!  I've just installed it, we now have another 1 terahash for sale! Get it quick!

So far, of all the machines we have, my favourite are the Dragons.  We've had 3 going for ~2 months now, and only once has 1 of them screwed up and required a hard reset.  All the rest of the time, they've just been purring along.

EDIT:: I forgot to mention, we're working on a deal with a partner to get 100 terahashes online!  If we're lucky, we can get it online by the end of this week.  If not, it'll be up next week. Fingers crossed!

EDIT EDIT:: Due to the error earlier with plans not saying "Sold out", we had a bit of an oversell.  This S2 covered it though, we were ~200 giga oversold.  So, we have 721 gigahashes up for sale now!
NewnoteMiners (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:52:10 AM

90 Terahashes online!
NewnoteMiners (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:11:16 PM

We've encountered a glitch in the system, someone is trying to exploit plans.  We have halted all withdrawals until the situation is fixed.

If you already have a plan, it will continue mining.  Nothing affects that, we are just freezing withdrawals to make sure the malicious users cannot steal any coins.

This issue should be resolved within a few days, and operations will return to normal.

Thank you for your patience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: