Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiplayer BTC gaming site questions/feedback  (Read 856 times)
boodles (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:28:32 AM

Hey all - We've developed a new kind of game which we think is more fun and social than some of the dice sites out there now (thought we love luckyb.it) and we wanted to get some feedback from the community on a few issues.

1) As with all proper sites - we use 2FA and preserve anonymity but we'd like users to register with an email when signing up. How much of a barrier is this for you guys?

2) We have no min deposit or withdrawal but are thinking of incentivizing people to keep small sums on deposit by offering an interest rate. Would this work for you?

3) Unlike many other sites we don't ask you to play against the house. Rather all users roll against each other and the pots grow collectively larger as more people play. We run a bot (also provably fair of course) when there are not enough players in each round. Are you guys comfortable with this?

4) We're API based and would love to see several bots coming in. We'll even give out sample code to people who express interest in it. How valuable is this?

5) Should the site be as sterile as possible or can we be a little more playful with music and art?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Keep up the great work.
Bibop

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:07:19 PM

Hey all - We've developed a new kind of game which we think is more fun and social than some of the dice sites out there now (thought we love luckyb.it) and we wanted to get some feedback from the community on a few issues.

1) As with all proper sites - we use 2FA and preserve anonymity but we'd like users to register with an email when signing up. How much of a barrier is this for you guys?

2) We have no min deposit or withdrawal but are thinking of incentivizing people to keep small sums on deposit by offering an interest rate. Would this work for you?

3) Unlike many other sites we don't ask you to play against the house. Rather all users roll against each other and the pots grow collectively larger as more people play. We run a bot (also provably fair of course) when there are not enough players in each round. Are you guys comfortable with this?

4) We're API based and would love to see several bots coming in. We'll even give out sample code to people who express interest in it. How valuable is this?

5) Should the site be as sterile as possible or can we be a little more playful with music and art?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Keep up the great work.

Like your idea and think its gonna be great to change the way of playing and instead of gambling just to play games.

did you checked about the security issue? how will you make sure that the BTC of your users not stolen or get hacked?
how you gonna spread your game to the community? and how many users you expect to get from the not so large so yet btc community in the world?
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:48:59 PM

somewhat off topic but it bugs me that the gambling industry is trying to rebrand themselves as "gaming".  I've got nothing against a friendly wager but the last thing we need is actual games to be perceived as a gateway drug for gambling because of some marketing assholes in Vegas.

Bit-Gods

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:23:50 PM

I think its a great idea, and looking for the opening.
It will be huge

bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:50:57 PM

Email is a tiny barrier. But it depends on the number of text boxes you need to type. People like to be lazy on the web  Smiley
Give the users are choice. Make alternatives : email login, BitID login, sms login, bitcoin payment login (?).

How much interest do you get for putting money in your site?

This is a good promotion for your site. How would a developer get money, if users decide to use his bot which connects with your API?

Again, give users a choice. Some users may use the site 30 minutes, while others use it for 5 hours straight. Depending the situation a different layout will be preferred.
Say on/off option for music.

asimoshe

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:54:53 PM

somewhat off topic but it bugs me that the gambling industry is trying to rebrand themselves as "gaming".  I've got nothing against a friendly wager but the last thing we need is actual games to be perceived as a gateway drug for gambling because of some marketing assholes in Vegas.

I disagree with you. I think that there is a big difference between game and gambling. If you play against someone else you can use your skills to win bitcoin.
I realy hope it will be like that
Chrithu

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

somewhat off topic but it bugs me that the gambling industry is trying to rebrand themselves as "gaming".  I've got nothing against a friendly wager but the last thing we need is actual games to be perceived as a gateway drug for gambling because of some marketing assholes in Vegas.

I disagree with you. I think that there is a big difference between game and gambling. If you play against someone else you can use your skills to win bitcoin.

I am pretty sure you misinterpret the OP. In point 3 he clearly speaks about rolling against other players. No skill involved. What he has in mind clearly is: two players wager money and test who's the more lucky one with rolling a dice. No skill involved -> clearly gambling and not gaming.

Two people playing chess against each other for money: That could be called gaming. As it involves strategy and skill.

I agree with thezerg here. If your "game" mainly involves rolling a dice and has little to no possibility of being influenced by any one player in his favor by using strategy and skill then please brand it as what it is: gambling and NOT gaming.

Bibop

Activity: 222

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:35:24 AM

somewhat off topic but it bugs me that the gambling industry is trying to rebrand themselves as "gaming".  I've got nothing against a friendly wager but the last thing we need is actual games to be perceived as a gateway drug for gambling because of some marketing assholes in Vegas.

I am pretty sure you misinterpret the OP. In point 3 he clearly speaks about rolling against other players. No skill involved. What he has in mind clearly is: two players wager money and test who's the more lucky one with rolling a dice. No skill involved -> clearly gambling and not gaming.

Two people playing chess against each other for money: That could be called gaming. As it involves strategy and skill.

I agree with thezerg here. If your "game" mainly involves rolling a dice and has little to no possibility of being influenced by any one player in his favor by using strategy and skill then please brand it as what it is: gambling and NOT gaming.

Agree with your point of the differences between gambling and gaming, technique and strategy comes to mind only if your options of playing are known from the beginning.
its not have to be super skill needed like chess but also not game like poker that every game you get new random cards.
it only about knowing your options before you start, then you can make your own strategy. even if its an easy game or not many options to choose.

really think that it could work great and add fun to the BTC community
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:37:28 AM

Ehh dice sites are a bit stale right now so you will have to innovative if you want to get some players. Also what is your house rake from the players?
BitcoinTraders

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:47:27 PM

I also think that it will be a good site and it was a great idea to create it!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: