Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:49:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone see the FRONTLINE episode on the NSA? Prepare to get angry.  (Read 976 times)
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:44:38 PM

Last night PBS aired part one of a story about the crimes of the NSA. It is an excellent recap of what is known and how we found out. There is a lot to be angry about and it further inspires me to flat out resist the NSA and not cooperate in any way.  None of us has to obey or participate in illegal acts. So get off the internet and onto the TOR net, use encryption and codes, lie like a motherf@(<#& on facebook to fill their databases with BS. More about what you can do here: https://prism-break.org/en/

You can see the show here. But note, part 1 is 2 hours and I think the whole thing is 4hrs.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/united-states-of-secrets/

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Charlie Prime

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:03:32 PM

Do know that PBS is funded by the same corporations who work with the NSA.

Frontline is controlled opposition.  This "documentary" is what is known in the propaganda industry as a "Limited-Hangout Operation", a narrative specifically designed to present information that confesses, but limits damage by hiding the most critical transgressions.

One of my co-workers does this when his wife catches him cheating.  He confesses to minor transgressions in order to hide the really bad ones.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:21:25 PM

Frontline is controlled opposition.  This "documentary" is what is known in the propaganda industry as a "Limited-Hangout Operation", a narrative specifically designed to present information that confesses, but limits damage by hiding the most critical transgressions.

One of my co-workers does this when his wife catches him cheating.  He confesses to minor transgressions in order to hide the really bad ones.

Who knows if this is just one big proganda to make us by products that can stop the NSA from spying from us, I heard there was going to be data encryption devices to protect us from spying, but who knows if they are all connected.

RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:00:32 PM

Did you watch it? It is a scathing criticism of the NSA by former employees who left rather than break the law. Your argument makes zero sense. In fact the documentary (by some of the best investigative journalist around) repeatedly points out how little we still know and how much more investigation is needed. Of course you aren't going to find a bunch of childish nonsense like infowars or something. These are actual researched facts by serious people.

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:19:16 PM

I watched like 24 minutes of it, came home from school tried to play it again and it says video unavailable -_-

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 08:49:58 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 08:30:18 AM by TECSHARE

Did you watch it? It is a scathing criticism of the NSA by former employees who left rather than break the law. Your argument makes zero sense. In fact the documentary (by some of the best investigative journalist around) repeatedly points out how little we still know and how much more investigation is needed. Of course you aren't going to find a bunch of childish nonsense like infowars or something. These are actual researched facts by serious people.

His argument makes lots of sense. He never said the information was invalid, he simply defined it as a controlled release of information. This is a very common tactic in corporations and government. It doesn't invalidate the reality of it but simply provides the accused a forum from which to explain from a perspective that benefits them. Repeating information that everyone already knows costs them nothing, but this provides opportunity to censor or misdirect from other information which is not yet public. The alternative is to let people form their own uncontrolled opinions rather having them carefully and neatly defined for them via a television program, because clearly if it is on TV it must be true. There is a reason it is called programming.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:52:22 PM

His argument makes lots of sense. He never said the information was invalid, he simply defined it as a controlled release of information. This is a very common tactic in corporations and government. It doesn't invalidate the reality of it but simply provides the accused a forum from which to explain from a perspective that benefits them. Repeating information that everyone already knows costs them nothing, but this provides opportunity so censor or misdirect from other information which is not yet public. The alternative is to let people form their own uncontrolled opinions rather having them carefully and neatly defined for them via a television program, because clearly if it is on TV it must be true. There is a reason it is called programming.

it's kind of like how phillip morris and other big tobacco guys don't mind the "quit smoking" campaigns, since they know that it has little impact on people actually quitting.

see here: http://www.legalzoom.com/us-law/more-us-law/tobacco-companies-pay-big-bucks

also a recent documentary i've seen and enjoyed was four horsemen.. full movie available on youtube.
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:44:00 PM

His argument makes lots of sense. He never said the information was invalid, he simply defined it as a controlled release of information. This is a very common tactic in corporations and government. It doesn't invalidate the reality of it but simply provides the accused a forum from which to explain from a perspective that benefits them. Repeating information that everyone already knows costs them nothing, but this provides opportunity to censor or misdirect from other information which is not yet public. The alternative is to let people form their own uncontrolled opinions rather having them carefully and neatly defined for them via a television program, because clearly if it is on TV it must be true. There is a reason it is called programming.

The problem with that argument is that he is just making stuff up. What evidence is there for his argument? A guy who doesn't have any expertise in the subject thought it would be a better story if there was a covert agenda. That is all there is to his argument. A wild accusation from someone who does not know the players, does not know about "operations" beyond viewing episodes of 24, did not even watch the video.   
This is also why I believe gorillas are real and dragons are not real. EVIDENCE.

Charlie Prime

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:56:31 PM

The problem with that argument is that he is just making stuff up. What evidence is there for his argument?

The problem with my argument is that you have never studied history and propaganda.

You don't know how it works.  You probably don't even know it exists.

Go read:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

Go read about how Frontline producer Lowell Bergman screwed Richard Grove when Richard tried to expose fraud built into the SEC's compliance software.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:24:27 PM

The problem with that argument is that he is just making stuff up. What evidence is there for his argument?

The problem with my argument is that you have never studied history and propaganda.

You don't know how it works.  You probably don't even know it exists.

Go read:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

Go read about how Frontline producer Lowell Bergman screwed Richard Grove when Richard tried to expose fraud built into the SEC's compliance software.

If you knew me you would not say that. I am quite aware of how intelligence operations work. My Dad was an FBI agent and Nazi interrogator, and I worked as a military contractor and war correspondent in some very screwed up places. I remember in Haiti learning the truth about truth from the special forces psy-ops I was living with. Guys who made shit up for the network press to repeat. I saw the lies of governments in wartime Yugoslavia, Guatemala, Algeria, and others.

I'ts not like I am currently pluged in, But what I learned is that the most important thing about intel gathering is evidence. Without evidence you are just daydreaming. I don't see how your assertion is based on anything other than an idea you have. You did not watch the show. Yet you have discerned that PBS is involved a secret operation. How did you get there?

I don't know about this other episode. Other than it has nothing to do with the episode in question.

Charlie Prime

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:09:54 PM

You are a long-time government associate, recommend TOR, and promote the idea that PBS is independent and/or objective.

I get ya.

Carry on Trooper.

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:20:47 PM

You are a long-time government associate, recommend TOR, and promote the idea that PBS is independent and/or objective.

I get ya.

Carry on Trooper.
lol  Cheesy Of course. There must be a secret plot that only you can discover. Anyone who disagrees must be in on it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: