Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:38:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Evan Faggart's take on the Bitcoin Foundation  (Read 1927 times)
DynamicDK (OP)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:38:10 PM

Op-Ed: We Don’t Need the Bitcoin Foundation by Evan Faggart

In it he claims:

Why do we need a centralized organization to promote a monetary system that draws people in mainly due to its decentralized nature? That seems like kind of a self-contradictory statement. Bitcoin was founded upon the principles of sound, decentralized money and respect for privacy and anonymity. These qualities are all Bitcoin needs to become successful in the future as a replacement for central banking and the overall centralized control of the global monetary system.

What do you guys think?  Is there any reason for the Bitcoin Foundation to exist?

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3258

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:30:36 AM

Well, a lot of people think that the Bitcoin Foundation is a good idea. A large number paid hundreds of dollars to join. Here are the foundation's objectives. I don't think they are the greatest, but they seem worthwhile.

Our mission is to help people exchange resources and ideas more freely.
We approach that mission with Bitcoin’s technology and community as our focus. There is tremendous potential in Bitcoin—from the opportunities it creates for entrepreneurs to the purchasing power it provides for citizens of countries large and small. Our goal is to help Bitcoin deliver on that potential. Bitcoin Foundation has chosen three primary objectives for fulfilling its mission. We believe that these activities will be of the greatest benefit to the Bitcoin community:

Standardizing Bitcoin
As a non-political online money, Bitcoin is backed exclusively by code. This means that—ultimately—it is only as good as its software design. By funding the Bitcoin infrastructure, including a core development team, we can make Bitcoin more respected, trusted and useful to people worldwide.

Protecting Bitcoin
Cryptography is the key to Bitcoin’s success. It’s the reason that no one can double spend, counterfeit or steal Bitcoins. If Bitcoin is to be a viable money for both current users and future adopters, we need to maintain, improve and legally protect the integrity of the protocol.

Promoting Bitcoin
In the context of public misunderstandings, misinterpretations and misrepresentations, Bitcoin needs to be clearer about its purpose and technology. Allowing the community to speak through a single source will enable Bitcoin to improve its reputation.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 03:16:00 AM

Well, a lot of people think that the Bitcoin Foundation is a good idea. A large number paid hundreds of dollars to join. Here are the foundation's objectives. I don't think they are the greatest, but they seem worthwhile.

Our mission is to help people exchange resources and ideas more freely.
We approach that mission with Bitcoin’s technology and community as our focus. There is tremendous potential in Bitcoin—from the opportunities it creates for entrepreneurs to the purchasing power it provides for citizens of countries large and small. Our goal is to help Bitcoin deliver on that potential. Bitcoin Foundation has chosen three primary objectives for fulfilling its mission. We believe that these activities will be of the greatest benefit to the Bitcoin community:

Standardizing Bitcoin
As a non-political online money, Bitcoin is backed exclusively by code. This means that—ultimately—it is only as good as its software design. By funding the Bitcoin infrastructure, including a core development team, we can make Bitcoin more respected, trusted and useful to people worldwide.

Protecting Bitcoin
Cryptography is the key to Bitcoin’s success. It’s the reason that no one can double spend, counterfeit or steal Bitcoins. If Bitcoin is to be a viable money for both current users and future adopters, we need to maintain, improve and legally protect the integrity of the protocol.

Promoting Bitcoin
In the context of public misunderstandings, misinterpretations and misrepresentations, Bitcoin needs to be clearer about its purpose and technology. Allowing the community to speak through a single source will enable Bitcoin to improve its reputation.

Rumor has it one company paid $100,000 USD for a Platinum Membership one day prior to the election to allegedly (gotta make sure I put that in there) vote for the guy who invested in them, probably obtaining the $100K from GoCoin's VC fund to do such.

The following is only one example of GoCoin's frugal spending habits (leasing a space formally occupied by other start-ups seeking cheaper digs) and media manipulation (we're getting our own office, leaving the incubator digs, for a...wait for it...much larger incubator digs so I can do the bunny hop between the various entities I oversee).

http://smdp.com/gocoin-moves-from-incubator-space-to-larger-digs/132325

GoCoin moves from incubator space to larger digs

By Kevin Herrera on February 19, 2014

- See more at: http://smdp.com/gocoin-moves-from-incubator-space-to-larger-digs/132325#sthash.YhUEDHhP.dpuf

DOWNTOWN — A Santa Monica-based technology company specializing in digital currency has outgrown the nursery.

GoCoin, a payment processing site like Paypal that deals exclusively in Bitcoins and Litecoins, recently took over the third floor of the landmarked Keller Block building at the corner of the Third Street Promenade and Broadway as it prepares to expand operations. As more businesses begin accepting peer-to-peer cryptocurrency, the need for secure processing of payments has grown.

The move was facilitated by commercial real estate firm Avison Young, an emerging player in the creative office space market in Santa Monica, which has earned the moniker Silicon Beach for its collection of tech startups. The firm represented GoCoin and the landlord in the transaction, which includes a multi-year lease for 7,000 square feet with an option to expand if space becomes available.

The Keller Block building is a registered historic landmark. It has 22,500 square feet and was built in 1893. It is a regional interpretation of the Romanesque Revival style. The building is now fully leased with tenants like greeting card company Papyrus, Big Blue Bus, Café Crepe and a cigar shop.

Avison Young Principal Randy Starr, based in the company’s Santa Monica office, said GoCoin moved from the Real Office Centers — ROC Santa Monica location, a collaborative workspace for startup companies that occupies the former Google offices on Arizona Avenue.

Representatives from ROC and GoCoin could not be reached for comment.

“This was a strategic move to the heart of Silicon Beach in terms of location and recruiting new talent to the company,” Starr said. “The challenge in finding a space for GoCoin was to identify a property that was as turn-key as possible so that the tenant wouldn’t have to go through the typical tenant-improvement construction process. I was able to negotiate a below-market deal for the tenant, while saving the landlord capital in regard to construction dollars.”

Star said the average rate for creative office space in Downtown is $4.50 a square foot. While he would not say how much GoCoin is paying, he said the base rent was closer to the $3 range.

The Keller Block building has surrounding operable windows over the Third Street Promenade and Broadway and has a history of attracting creative firms. The property also provides easy access to the Santa Monica 10 Freeway and the neighboring communities of Pacific Palisades, Venice and Malibu.

News that a startup is staying in Santa Monica is welcomed after other tech companies have moved south and east in search of larger, more affordable offices.

My visit to Bitropolis: The LA Bitcoin Incubation Space

Author: Kevin Cruz

Date: Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 18:00

Last time I was in Los Angeles, I visited Bitropolis, a bitcoin incubation space in Santa Monica. I was informed about the existence of this place after interviewing the CEO of CoinMKT at a coffee shop just down the street from Bitropolis. I didn’t know it existed before then, and the CoinMKT guys put me in contact with Ken Feldman, CEO of BlockStreet, and one of the entrepreneurs utilizing the space. Ken let me in the building.

While there, I saw that there was a lot of space, a comfy couch, a table for meetings, and of course, offices placed along the border of the room, overlooking the lively city of Santa Monica.

GoCoin and ExpressCoin are the big tenants in the Incubation space with 20+ employees between them. BlockStreet is the other company, just coming out of stealth. There are several other smaller firms that are floating around but are in stealth mode right now.

While I was there, several investors came and left, and were shown hospitality and thoroughly schooled on bitcoin. In addition, several startups under stealth mode chatted with the individuals occupying the space.

When I showed up, there were several meetings going on. Ken told me I should wait and speak to Brock ( I didn’t know who Brock was), and I was instructed to a comfy couch to wait while they helped their visitors out. I ended up waiting about 30 mins-- but used my time wisely and made a phone call and conducted a phone interview for an article that is probably already published.

Brock Pierce, the entrepreneur responsible for initially organizing the incubation space, was walking around the roomy office on several conference calls all at the same time. Brock is known to be invested in many different startups in the Bitcoin space, and seems to be everywhere at once.

After waiting what seemed to me like a long time, I got to sit down and chat with him about the space, where he explained that essentially the whole building will be dedicated to bitcoin-related businesses and endeavours. The goal was to make Los Angeles a hub for Bitcoin. I could see it. The night before I had attended a very packed bitcoin meetup where I met many people from many different fields, but all interested in Bitcoin in some way.

Everyone that I met was very nice and prepared to answer any questions I had. I’ve visited incubation spaces in Austin, Texas and New York City as well.

Right now there are many incubation spaces coming into existence around the world, with the purpose of accelerating businesses in this nascent ecosystem.

The implications of this is that there will be the cross-sharing of ideas within facilities, causing a spike in productivity across the economy.

One of the things I realized on my visit to Bitropolis was the sense of community within the space, and the hospitality shown to visitors. To be honest, it was a hot meal short of a visit to my grandmother’s. These strong ties forged because of Bitcoin are often not written about, but are one of the most notable components of being part of the Bitcoin community.

Domain Name:BITROPOLIS.ORG
Domain ID: D170750431-LROR
Creation Date: 2014-01-22T19:09:33Z
Updated Date: 2014-03-24T03:46:30Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2015-01-22T19:09:33Z
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
WHOIS Server:
Referral URL:
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Registrant ID:CR158995981
Registrant Name:Brock Pierce
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 666 71st St.
Registrant City:Miami Beach
Registrant State/Province:Florida
Registrant Postal Code:33141
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9173403400

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bitropolis/218580488344862

So, there you have GoCoin in their new 7,000 square foot digs paying a reduced premium in the historical district of Santa Montica, CA, with Brock Pierce working the room, of what we now know is just another incubator by his truly, yet can't even get all them Bitcoin start-ups in said office to pause long enough to Like the Facebook page built to help give said start-ups a boost.

Question: When Brock Pierce finally has Bitcoin entities occupying the entire building, what floor will the community hot tub be on, and what hours will it be closed for cleaning?

Unless your blind, the same exact thing is being played out now as it was back when: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmaRTZpJgPA

In 2014, in the midst of the Bitcoin revolution, a company call Bitropolis was formed by an accused pedophile. This company and the sociopath who started it, set the bar for treachery, wastefulness and debauchery in a time when others opposite his ilk were paving a better path for mankind, sans the hot tub occupied by invited underage nude guests.

And, if that's not enough: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:MFzP4pmZg0EJ:www.ripoffreport.com/r/gobig-network/santa-monica-227-broadway-california-90401/gobig-network-stole-money-out-of-my-checking-acct-santa-monica-227-broadway-california-967286+&cd=21&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.gobignetwork.com/ redirects to http://www.startups.co/ having a myriad of Bitcoin related articles on their site. What are the odd of some real estate agent finding the ideal office for GoCoin that just happens/happened to have an entity well-versed in Bitcoin as its former/current client.

Remember, Bruce Wagner was beaten up pretty badly on this very forum for ONE comment and ONE ripoff incident.

Also, remember all the bitcoiners crying, "If only we would have know about Mark Karpeles before, I never would have..."

Now, here I is citing issues, upon issues, upon issues of a cancer much, much, much worse, only to have naysayers comin' outta the woodword espousing, "But none of that matters!", et al.

Utter madness!
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:12:13 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 06:30:46 AM by beetcoin

any kind of centralization is going to invite misuse of power/authority for the benefit for the few members in power. when you can get away without playing by fair rules, someone's going to do it.

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:27:41 AM

Faggart?

You'd think he'd change his name.

I'm grumpy!!
beetcoin

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:28:28 AM

Faggart?

it sounds like yogurt for a fag.. naturally, it would be pink in color  Cheesy

btw, i've looked up bitcoin foundation's wiki, and i still don't know wtf they actually do. can someone educate me?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 09:18:27 AM

Faggart?

btw, i've looked up bitcoin foundation's wiki, and i still don't know wtf they actually do. can someone educate me?

The Bitcoin Foundation exists to serve as a grim reminder of the failure of centralization.

Xtib

If centralization is such a failure, then why is Brock Pierce putting all his entities under one roof, albeit it was first billed as only GoCoin's new digs, with the three year lease painstakingly put together by a Realtor after the former client, ironically a Bitcoiner, left(?).

The game is called: You pat my ass, and I'll pat yours.

Another game is: Hunt the Pedophile in this image:

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 10:33:47 AM

What do you guys think?  Is there any reason for the Bitcoin Foundation to exist?

None whatsoever, the people who made the Bitcoin foundation are simply trying to ride the success that the name has brought, look at the any number of Bitcoin knock offs as well, like Bitcoinscrypt, Bitcoin Plus and so on, say what you like about altcoins, but at least they don't take the Bitcoin name because they don't have an imagination to do anything else and come up with their own ideas.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:22:29 AM

Op-Ed: We Don’t Need the Bitcoin Foundation by Evan Faggart

In it he claims:

Why do we need a centralized organization to promote a monetary system that draws people in mainly due to its decentralized nature? That seems like kind of a self-contradictory statement. Bitcoin was founded upon the principles of sound, decentralized money and respect for privacy and anonymity. These qualities are all Bitcoin needs to become successful in the future as a replacement for central banking and the overall centralized control of the global monetary system.

What do you guys think?  Is there any reason for the Bitcoin Foundation to exist?

Exactly what I was saying since the beginning of TBF.

But I would like to add: TBF is not only unnecessary - it is outright dangerous for bitcoin, because it offers a centralized access point to the bitcoin protocol. This opens the door for political / regulatory influence on the bitcoin protocol. Since TBF members are not anonymous they can easily be blackmailed or persons can be introduced into TBF to promote a political agenda.

I repeat myself here:

Ever asked yourself why Satoshi stayed anonymous?

TBF must be disbanded asap.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 01:43:21 PM

The Bitcoin Foundation is just a special interest group with known criminals in their ranks, passing itself off as some kind of official Bitcoin entity, which it is NOT. They are now actively damaging Bitcoin and its reputation. Time to help it die.

However in that round of resignations after promoting a possible sex offender at the top, I would say their credibility is on fire.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 01:53:42 PM

Hate to say it, but with a name like Evan Faggart, you know he got beat up as a kid.   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
beetcoin

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:31:32 PM

i did some reading up on these guys, and was quite surprised to find out that this boy-butthole-raper is part of bryan singer's pedo ring. well, that's um.. news.

i hope he gets J.A. buffalo'd in jail.. but then he'd probably like it. bryan singer would probably ask to be in the same cell as him.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:24:33 PM

The Bitcoin Foundation is just a special interest group with known criminals in their ranks, passing itself off as some kind of official Bitcoin entity, which it is NOT. They are now actively damaging Bitcoin and its reputation. Time to help it die.

However in that round of resignations after promoting a possible sex offender at the top, I would say their credibility is on fire.

The election was so close, it's a shame the gyft.com CEO didn't win.
The one "last-minute" vote Phinnaeus Gage mentioned (along with just one other) made a huge difference in the outcome.

DynamicDK (OP)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:58:23 PM

Faggart?

The Bitcoin Foundation exists to serve as a grim reminder of the failure of centralization.

Xtib

If centralization is such a failure, then why is Brock Pierce putting all his entities under one roof, albeit it was first billed as only GoCoin's new digs, with the three year lease painstakingly put together by a Realtor after the former client, ironically a Bitcoiner, left(?).

Brock is doing the same thing that Marie Karpeles did by creating layers of entities giving the appearance of decentralization. However, as you pointed out, these seemingly autonomous entities are really one in the same.

For example, Mark used the Bitcoin Foundation to lure his victims into MTGox. The Bitcoin Foundation validated MTGox in the eyes of the consumer. When things got bad Mark retreated out of his entity , the Bitcoin foundation after transferring assets to Gavin from Tibanne ltd. (another Karpeles entity). If Mark needed a new entity his Kalyhost entity could instantiate a new one.
To the uninformed customer, you think that you are making choices but in reality you are being manipulated and directed like rats in a maze.

Xtib

I'm not so sure about all of that...

First, I think Gavin is a decent guy, and you can't necessarily attribute the failings of TBF to the developers.

Second, I don't think Karpeles put that much thought into it.  He doesn't seem to be a cunning thief as much as inept but overconfident.  I could be wrong about that of course.  Maybe he is really a very astute con man playing the role of the clueless, socially inept programmer.

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:43:07 PM

Hate to say it, but with a name like Evan Faggart, you know he got beat up as a kid.   Tongue

I wonder... if he went to school with Travis Skewers... and why certain namesakes always seem to gravity toward Brock "Hot Tub" Pierce, "The Godfather of Bitcoin", now to his third-story-nursery (double entendre intended) located overlooking the Third Street Promenade, a historic building he has aspirations of owning.

If one can't see the similarities of what's happening now with what transpired commencing 15 years ago as seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmaRTZpJgPA, then I have have a cryptocurrency exchange fully complying with US laws with nary an issue for you. Twelve thousand members, and counting, with millions of dollars, bitcoins, et al. on account can't be wrong.

BTW, neither Evan Faggart nor Travis Skewers are members of TBF, as seen here: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/members/. What's even odder is that many of the names currently associated with Brock Pierce, some penning in threads on this forum in his defense, are also NOT members of TBF. Perhaps, they're all members of the Reasonably Intelligent Cult Brock spoke of, opting to not allocate their precious to two foundations having the same accused pedophile on its boards, fearing the old saw, "What will the neighbors thing?"
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:01:40 PM

...Perhaps, they're all members of the Reasonably Intelligent Cult Brock spoke of....

How do Reasonably Intelligent people resolve the fact that he fled the country (with his partners) when the heat was on?
Leaving in a hurry is what guilty people do more often than the innocent, correct?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:50:43 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 05:36:09 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Faggart?

Xtib

Brock is doing the same thing that Marie Karpeles did by creating layers of entities giving the appearance of decentralization. However, as you pointed out, these seemingly autonomous entities are really one in the same.

For example, Mark used the Bitcoin Foundation to lure his victims into MTGox. The Bitcoin Foundation validated MTGox in the eyes of the consumer. When things got bad Mark retreated out of his entity , the Bitcoin foundation after transferring assets to Gavin from Tibanne ltd. (another Karpeles entity). If Mark needed a new entity his Kalyhost entity could instantiate a new one.
To the uninformed customer, you think that you are making choices but in reality you are being manipulated and directed like rats in a maze.

Xtib

And, if being manipulated and directed and produced like rats in a maze is not your glass of wine, welcome to Bitrotoplis' Third Street Promenade starring Brock Pierce and his Motley Crews of merry boy-toys, lead by none other then SocialRadius' Michael "Brock Party" Terpin.

For those thinkin' that Yours Truly has totally lost his fuckin' mind by penning the above, well, You Have Another Thing Comin'.

https://betabeat.com/2012/12/socialradius-ces-michael-terpin-las-vegas-michael-jackson/

The CES Partylist Party 2013

What better place to hold an exclusive CES party then within a once accused pedophile's Mediterranean Contemporary home. (Think one man's Pattaya is another man's Spanish beach house.)

And, if that's not creepy enough for you, try this on for size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY

Wanna take a guess as to who was responsible for the above video going viral, having 25,113,222 views - and counting?

None other that Mr. Neosporin (with apologies to Neo & Bee's customers) himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4X6o8Qeg5Q

http://publishingperspectives.com/2009/06/bonus-material-making-obamas-video-viral/

One person who understood how to leverage social media was Barack Obama’s campaign manager David Plouffe. Obama’s campaign inspired numerous digital campaign messages produced on their own by Obama’s supporters. One of the most popular was musician Will.i.am’s video “Yes We Can.” Michael Terpin of SocialRadi.us was hired to promote it online.

Here, he describes his very successful strategy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4X6o8Qeg5Q

Finally, for those who like having their chain yanked...

"Did you get your pants half off at Mt Gox's fire sale?"
Davis14

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:10:10 PM

It seems like the btc foundation supposedly spreads the news about bitcoin to politicians but it kinda seems like a scam.

*Link Removed*  [url=h
JazzCouncil

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:54:54 AM

Even more dangerous (in my opinion) is the reverence with which bitcoiners treat the foundation as the home of core development.
JazzCouncil

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:01:44 AM

Development, above all needs to become more distributed and rivalrous. If I the US govt is smart, they will be using Gavin and the foundation to perpetuate the unfortunate culture of consensus surrounding responsibility for the core protocol code.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: