Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Btc-e is an honest exchange  (Read 1608 times)
mailmansDOG (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:53:01 AM

Wanted to take a moment and remind everyone that btc-e is an honest exchange. There is just too much speculation on the topic because obviusly US based exchanges can't compete with an ofshore one (in your face land of the free) but in fact btc-e has been serving it's customers right since day 1. It playied a really important role in the rise of litecoin and altcoins in general. Btc-e is the perfect example of what every exchange should be like.

Btc-e destroying 110K premined NovaCoins transfered in their exchange over a year ago:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144158.0

Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:09:57 AM

Don't come crying if they run away with the coins  Roll Eyes
aasl

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:13:39 AM

Don't come crying if they run away with the coins  Roll Eyes

anything is possible

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:17:19 AM

Yeah who know about the guys behind BTC-e. They've been around long but as far as I know never gone public or had their stash of BTC and fiat counted by a third party

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:29:38 AM

Yeah who know about the guys behind BTC-e. They've been around long but as far as I know never gone public or had their stash of BTC and fiat counted by a third party
Mark Karpeles is a perfect example that publicity doesn't protect your money.
djarot

Activity: 350
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:31:56 AM

+1 well said!
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:32:14 AM

i made a lot of people mad 2 years ago when i claimed btc-e was a lot more trustable than mt gox...

so much for what g. maxwell knows. i do not feel sorry for anyone who listened to him.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:33:55 AM

Well at least there is someone to blame and put in court. If BTC-e goes blank who to blame? No one but the users!!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:38:08 AM

Well at least there is someone to blame and put in court. If BTC-e goes blank who to blame? No one but the users!!

mark has not been charged with a crime. his personal assets have not been seized. he stole half a billion and got away with it.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 11:00:45 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 03:50:41 AM by dave111223

That doesn't however mean that it's safer to operate with anonymous individuals.

Everyone is honest right up to the point they rip you off.  So it's better to evaluate the risk based on what options are available to you in the event that they do rip you off.... anonymous individuals in maybe Russia = almost no options.

Plus like others have said they also do not make any of their holdings audit-able.
aasl

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:23:23 PM

good point

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:46:52 AM

i made a lot of people mad 2 years ago when i claimed btc-e was a lot more trustable than mt gox...

so much for what g. maxwell knows. i do not feel sorry for anyone who listened to him.

Same here. I was also posting here that BTC-E was more reliable than Gox, but some people even made threats against me for saying so. Their argument was that since the Gox owner was not anonymous, he should be a reliable person.  Grin
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:49:56 AM

Same here. I was also posting here that BTC-E was more reliable than Gox, but some people even made threats against me for saying so. Their argument was that since the Gox owner was not anonymous, he should be a reliable person.  Grin

yup, we had to face a lot of abuse and still get shit. oh well, we have our money and we did not help mark rob from others.

Trolling
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:18:49 PM

Same here. I was also posting here that BTC-E was more reliable than Gox, but some people even made threats against me for saying so. Their argument was that since the Gox owner was not anonymous, he should be a reliable person.  Grin

LOL and gox did tons of KYC and AML, so they must be honest right? KYC is the opposite of KYP (know your provider). It only serves to fuck the customer not protect them. Third party audits are there to protect the customer; hopefully btce does it soon.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:31:54 PM

Same here. I was also posting here that BTC-E was more reliable than Gox, but some people even made threats against me for saying so. Their argument was that since the Gox owner was not anonymous, he should be a reliable person.  Grin

LOL and gox did tons of KYC and AML, so they must be honest right? KYC is the opposite of KYP (know your provider). It only serves to fuck the customer not protect them. Third party audits are there to protect the customer; hopefully btce does it soon.

they only did that cuz the DEA had them by the balls cuz of their laundering drug money (silk road).

so glad the btc foundation is trying to save gox, lol.

Trolling
DeViL303

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

SESAME

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:26:52 AM

I dont trust BTCe as far as i could throw them anymore. It takes them weeks to answer even simple support tickets. they are just as bad as gox, only they havnt ripped many people off YET!

Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:30:05 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 05:02:17 AM by Slingshot

so glad the btc foundation is trying to save gox, lol.

So your advocating to keep rewarding failure after failure? You cannot possibly mean that. Not in your right mind!

Capitalism NEVER rewards failure. Not real capitalism. Not before 2008. But of course that is not what has been occurring since 2008.

So let's just print up 40+ TRILLION Dollars worth of new Monies world wide and see how that works! Wait, they just did that from shore to shore all over the world and that only dug us all deeper into debt.

Real Capitalism NEVER rewards failure.
=========================

Until 2008 we used to toss the crooks in prison, even 10,000 Bankers in the 1980's went to PRISON. Put their banks/savings & loans into receivership, fix their messes, and sell off the assets or sell the business to strong concerns. But apparently today we can just reward failure?
NOT.

We NEVER Rewarded Failure until September 2008
================================

But The FED has been Rewarding Failure Ever Since
=================================

As are Every Central Bank Rewarding Failure
============================

NO ONE will bailout Bitcoin should it fail.
=========================

NO ONE bails out little banks, Businesses or People should any of them fail.
===============================================

Bottom Line:

NO ONE and NO BANK is Too Big To Fail.
==========================

they lied.

But then their are more fools today than ever before and they just do what their told and are obedient worker slaves. Debt slaves.

With Real Capitalism there is always Risk. With Real Freedom there is always Risk. Without risk nothing is real, nor worthy.

Reward Failure Huh You must be joking!!!

Besides Gox is gone, and no scam ridden ploy for 1 btc is going to be able to re-purchase it.

The only value left is the mailing list.

Mt. Gox itself has negative value.

Especially one ridden with a ton of debt rebooted, no one besides re-inflated fools is going to take it seriously unless it has a clean balance sheet.

That whole scheme to re-start it is a pipe-dream fantasy born by a fool's fool or worse.

I do understand why those that lost at Mt. Gox want this to occur. It wont occur. And even if it does it wont succeed without massive amounts of capital to repair the Balance Sheet. Of course any prudent, success businessful person knows that, as do CPA's, Accountants, and many others. And only a Fools Fool would toss that amount of monies into Mt. Gox at any stage going forward until it was fully repaired and extremely healthy and viable, not to mention extremely well managed.

I suppose next we're suppose to bailout Bitcoin should it fail.
What nonsense.

Please, I do understand, but start thinking clearly. This is exactly why Bitcoin was born. For these very reason.

Reward Failure? NOT Acceptable except in Centrally Controlled Empires, Dynasties and Fiefdoms.

But then some are too young to know Real Capitalism.

Here is lesson #1.
=================

Real Freedom is NOT Free.

Real Freedom has Risks.

Failure is not rewarded.

But hard work is rewarded.

So is genius and talent.

Bitcoin is Genius.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:19:29 AM

the "lol" should have clued you in i was being sarcastic.

Trolling
aasl

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:19:26 AM

never trust the exchange. keep as minimum coins as possible there

kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:01:04 AM

None of the exchanges are honest, just some are more cooked than others. Btc-e has been the best exchange so far, but you never know if and when it'll go down. Best thing to do is use paper wallets with in-person trades.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: