Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:01:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OMFG! GOOGLE DRIVER LESS CAR!  (Read 860 times)
hensi (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:16:51 AM

can that car really transport to your destination without getting you killed? n can that car really run on indian roads?
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:56:29 AM

Sleep on the way to work..get dropped off at the mall entrance while the car parks itself... get drunk at the bar and wake up in my driveway... pick up the kids at school while I'm still at work.. drive to my Florida vacation spot watch movies surf the net play video games and get a full sleep. Dreams can come true.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Grantrally

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 10:00:28 AM

There are so many car accidents when people drive cars I don't understand why we are afraid to give this power to computer.

On other hand there are already kind of car that transport you to your work while you are sleeping. It is called taxi, bus, train. I just can't see future in cars, especially since more and more people are moving to cities.
hensi (OP)

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:05:35 AM

Sleep on the way to work..get dropped off at the mall entrance while the car parks itself... get drunk at the bar and wake up in my driveway... pick up the kids at school while I'm still at work.. drive to my Florida vacation spot watch movies surf the net play video games and get a full sleep. Dreams can come true.
Haha you are telling like you have user the google car, n well yes all the things that you said look like a dream and yes they can come true, but when? Dont you think that google is talking too much time to develop that car?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 10:31:21 AM

They'll be busy developing back doors that intelligence agencies can use to blow up the fuel tank of political opposition politicians or people they don't like very much.
hensi (OP)

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:35:37 AM

They'll be busy developing back doors that intelligence agencies can use to blow up the fuel tank of political opposition politicians or people they don't like very much.
Hahaha... i dont think they are doing something like that? no way
Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 10:38:34 AM

how long til we have an "iRobot" situation ;-)

hensi (OP)

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:41:25 AM

how long til we have an "iRobot" situation ;-)

We ll all be soon converted into robots, with techs like improved google glass, car, n apple iwatch.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:49:51 AM

Haha you are telling like you have user the google car, n well yes all the things that you said look like a dream and yes they can come true, but when? Dont you think that google is talking too much time to develop that car?
It will probably be another 5-10 years before its owned by the mass but  the company is already beginning the job of making the public comfortable with the futuristic vehicles.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:09:09 AM

I guess people are gonna be able to drive while intoxicated, this would be good for long trips if you need to take a break but they are gonna have alot of hiccups along the way, what if a glitch happens while your on traffic.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Spearmint

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:42:20 AM

Is it possible for a driverless to car drive the same roads as a car being driven by a human? Don't the the cars need to talk to each other to keep distance and speed?

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:47:25 AM

Wow maybe third world countries like the USA will get working trains one day. 
olliec420

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:00:21 PM

Is it possible for a driverless to car drive the same roads as a car being driven by a human? Don't the the cars need to talk to each other to keep distance and speed?

no they have lidar and what not, it doesn't mater if real people are driving too
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:13:04 PM

the more there are driverless cars by google, the more likely there is to be an accident.. and once that happens, if someone gets badly injured, google is totally going to get slapped with a lawsuit.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 05:22:59 PM

I would give this a few more years before trusting it. Even if it was tested. This will actually be something really good. I hate using my car to travel 1000+ km, you get tired and it takes long. I'd rather sleep.  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 05:29:28 PM

no they have lidar and what not, it doesn't mater if real people are driving too

To be fair they've had this kind of technology for years, it's called active cruise control I think, it's just getting a lot more sophisticated now, even without government agencies messing with everything the idea of such basic parts of our lives having an internet connection scares the shit out of me and I really like the internet, but I can easily see criminals using this kind of technology to kill people.
hensi (OP)

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:52:21 PM

I would give this a few more years before trusting it. Even if it was tested. This will actually be something really good. I hate using my car to travel 1000+ km, you get tired and it takes long. I'd rather sleep.  Cheesy
I am afraid that if you sleep in a google car u might not wake up ever. how long can you trust tech. ? everything has faults.
olliec420

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:55:52 PM

I am afraid that if you sleep in a google car u might not wake up ever. how long can you trust tech. ? everything has faults.

i think you can trust tech, can you trust google is the problem
hensi (OP)

TheSlimShady

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:00:44 PM

i think you can trust tech, can you trust google is the problem
hahahaha..well i guess i can trust google but not technology.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:25:58 AM

Building a vehicle that can drive on its own is simple. But adding safety features and redundancy to create a fail-safe system is extremely complex. I don't see this being more reliable, once in the hands of a consumer, perhaps not in the next 5 years.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: