Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:41:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AVAILABLE] MomentoVPS - Immediately Available KVM VPS SSD backed  (Read 8175 times)
glitch003

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 05:44:42 AM

Newly created server will be provisioned on the new (and much faster) server.
It is _much_ faster !  Grin

Indeed, It's great now:

hdparm -tT /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   14934 MB in  2.00 seconds = 7475.38 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads: 372 MB in  3.00 seconds = 123.90 MB/sec

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phantomcircuit (OP)

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 04:50:49 AM

Newly created server will be provisioned on the new (and much faster) server.
It is _much_ faster !  Grin

Indeed, It's great now:

hdparm -tT /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   14934 MB in  2.00 seconds = 7475.38 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads: 372 MB in  3.00 seconds = 123.90 MB/sec

And even better those speeds will remain consistent even under high load.
phantomcircuit (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 01:39:29 AM

Main system is now a 1 gbps box with an ssd backed disk io subsystem.
glitch003

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 09:12:22 AM

ssd backed disk io subsystem.

Huh?  What do you mean by "SSD backed"?
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 09:28:01 AM

i /think/ the data is written to the ssd for fast writes and then moved to the main hdd after.
phantomcircuit (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 12:39:19 PM

SSD is used as writeback cache.
N.Z.

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:13:06 AM

Is there a way to contact you besides LiveChat?
SomeoneWeird

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 12:19:29 PM

Is there a way to contact you besides LiveChat?

IRC, PM, Skype?
phantomcircuit (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:48:43 AM

The site has been largely redesigned with most of the work focused on the dashboard.

gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 03:39:16 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2012, 02:27:13 PM by gusti

About a week ago, I registered with the site and sent 5 btc.
When trying to add vps to my account, always error "Provisioning problem".
No support on chat or skype.

I contacted phantomcircuit several times by email, asking for refund, no answer.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
rapeghost

Activity: 419

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 10:09:37 AM

That's a shame gusti.

There are many other quality VPS providers around: BitVPS.COM, Luke-jr's VM cluster, etc

BitVPS has a promotion for Bitcointalk members to get 50% off their first month using the coupon code 'BTALK' during sign up.
SomeoneWeird

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:25:21 PM

That's a shame gusti.

There are many other quality VPS providers around: BitVPS.COM, Luke-jr's VM cluster, etc

BitVPS has a promotion for Bitcointalk members to get 50% off their first month using the coupon code 'BTALK' during sign up.

Don't leach other peoples threads, ass.
gusti
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:55:08 AM

About a week ago, I registered with the site and sent 5 btc.
When trying to add vps to my account, always error "Provisioning problem".
No support on chat or skype.

I contacted phantomcircuit several times by email, asking for refund, no answer.

I also exchanged a couple of emails with intersango support, from which phantomcircuit is also a member.
Still no answer, and no refund. Luckily I only sent 5 btc and not 50 ...

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 03:26:27 PM

Many emails sent to phantomcircuit and Intersango, no replies, no refund.

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 09:35:49 PM

Hi,

I know someone sent 5BTC to momentovps and did receive replies. Despite him receiving the advertised service he had not having read the T&C or the FAQ and was not cognizant of the set up of momentovps (from what i'm told). Although we do sometimes refund money in these cases.

There are many cases with Intersango where people use deposit options that we do not advertise. It increases our workload tremendously however we do make exceptions without even taking a service charge and are very clear that it is a one time thing. These things though are not resolved in a timely manner.

I read what you posted many times, and I do not understand clearly.
But I'm glad that someone from momentovps / intersango is replying after many days, that's a start.

These are the facts :

1) I registered with momentovps, user : voicelink.
2) I sent 5 btc to the given address, that was added to my account.
3) VPS setup process did not work, always giving error "Provisioning failed".
4) Skype and chat support not answering.
5) Sent many emails to phantomcircuit, ignored.

I'm waiting for a refund. Thanks.

thirdlight

Activity: 445

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 09:41:06 AM

I previously had confidence in phantomcircuit, and the rest of the Intersango / Bitcoin Consultancy folks, but my opinion is being revised due to the handling of this situation

I would have expected some comment from Patrick to explain - not simply adding "[SOLD OUT]" to the thread title. I expect something has gone seriously wrong in the organisation.

I find today that I can't log in to my momento vps instance - very strong password appears to have been changed. I can only assume that either Patrick has done this (unlikely) or that his server is compromised, and all vps's are vulnerable, because he has taken his eye of the ball with this project.

I kept nothing valuable on this instance - and am only out about 3 BTC in credits. Others won't be so lucky.

It's a shame, the Intersango brand was building nicely. Now I can't see them as anything other than just another Bitcoin startup biting off more than they can chew. Pleased to say I have no funds on their exchange, I guess that's next to go.

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:29:10 AM

I previously had confidence in phantomcircuit, and the rest of the Intersango / Bitcoin Consultancy folks, but my opinion is being revised due to the handling of this situation

I would have expected some comment from Patrick to explain - not simply adding "[SOLD OUT]" to the thread title. I expect something has gone seriously wrong in the organisation.

I find today that I can't log in to my momento vps instance - very strong password appears to have been changed. I can only assume that either Patrick has done this (unlikely) or that his server is compromised, and all vps's are vulnerable, because he has taken his eye of the ball with this project.

I kept nothing valuable on this instance - and am only out about 3 BTC in credits. Others won't be so lucky.

It's a shame, the Intersango brand was building nicely. Now I can't see them as anything other than just another Bitcoin startup biting off more than they can chew. Pleased to say I have no funds on their exchange, I guess that's next to go.

look's fine to me?
thirdlight

Activity: 445

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 09:36:58 PM

look's fine to me?
Reset password did the trick. Funny how it "forgot" the password, though. And, of course, unexpected password changes ring alarm bells. (<cough> linode </cough>).

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:39:17 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2012, 08:45:12 AM by genjix

I can only assume that either Patrick has done this (unlikely) or that his server is compromised, and all vps's are vulnerable, because he has taken his eye of the ball with this project.

One guy posts about his dissatisfaction in one of our side businesses, and that means "something has gone seriously wrong in the organisation." How do you get from your premise to this conclusion? We are running one of the largest exchanges, operating Bitcoinica, the Bitcoin conference, developing libbitcoin/Stratum/Electrum and operating Bitcoin Media. Smiley We're booming.

I don't know the facts with this guy, but I'd examine the situation first. Surely there must be more to gusti's story - namely that he bought a VPS, which took resources to setup and he wasn't able to figure out how to use it. VPS was delivered (at least that's what I've been told). phantom doesn't post often because we're all incredibly busy.

In the absence of information, don't invoke magical thinking and random speculation.
gusti
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 01:05:17 AM

I can only assume that either Patrick has done this (unlikely) or that his server is compromised, and all vps's are vulnerable, because he has taken his eye of the ball with this project.

One guy posts about his dissatisfaction in one of our side businesses, and that means "something has gone seriously wrong in the organisation." How do you get from your premise to this conclusion? We are running one of the largest exchanges, operating Bitcoinica, the Bitcoin conference, developing libbitcoin/Stratum/Electrum and operating Bitcoin Media. Smiley We're booming.

I don't know the facts with this guy, but I'd examine the situation first. Surely there must be more to gusti's story - namely that he bought a VPS, which took resources to setup and he wasn't able to figure out how to use it. VPS was delivered (at least that's what I've been told). phantom doesn't post often because we're all incredibly busy. We hired nefario to do community management but that didn't work out - PR and forum presence is our weak point and we've been looking for a good dependable respectable trustworthy person to represent us (hard to find).

In the absence of information, don't invoke magical thinking and random speculation.

Wrong, Genjix.

It's not about dissatisfaction about the service, is that you took my money, and never delivered it.
Or about phantom ignoring my last 3 weeks emails, I will call that Bad Education.

So, I would like my 5 btc back. If not bothers your honour Intersango too much, of course.
For a "booming" group, is that so difficult to fix ?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: