Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Two awesome pieces of real estate for sale (cryptos only)  (Read 1131 times)
slu2 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

10% discount code @ clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:40:16 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 06:56:03 AM by slu2

I have been buying and selling properties with cryptos since last fall.  
I have done very well with this, and I recently bought some more properties to sell for cryptos.

I have an awesome investment property for sale for crypto.  

Specs;

5 plex unit
4000+ sq. ft.
Long term tenants occupy the units, some going on 5 years, always pay on time
Total gross monthly income is $2100
Location is Pocatello Idaho
Each unit has their own utilities and meters  
We have already started improving the property.  Including new rain gutter that is already installed, and other work that is pending my contractor's availability.  By next month this will have 3 newly renovated apartments, new siding, and other touch ups.

Asking 220K USD, will take bitcoin or litecoin in relevant conversion.  Will accept escrow, but it would be ideal for this to be done in person at the property so that the new buyer can fully inspect the property.  At which time we can do the exchange of the warranty deed for the coin in person.   There are no mortgages or liens.  I will pay for title insurance, etc.  I have the deed in hand.
Comparable units in the area are going for between 250K and 400K USD.  

I also have a remote cabin in Northern Maine.

This is a 3 bed, 1 bath offgrid cabin.
Includes the cabin and 51 wooded acres
The cabin is 100% off grid, and functions with comfort.
Has solar and wind for power, with high end equipment and sophisticated charge controller
Has a 100 gallon propane tank, an on-demand hot water heater, a well and septic
The wood burning stove is awesome and produces so much heat that if you get it too hot, you have to open doors and windows while the fire is burning at peak.
The cabin is fully furnished with new furniture.
This property while remote, is only 9 miles from the town of Caribou, and is on a paved and maintained road.  The county runs a snow plow whenever there is now.
The acreage is filled with exotic wildlife, including moose, deer, lynx, bobcat, and a beaver dam at the back end of town where the brook runs through the property.   We have also found bear scat, but have not saw the bear yet.  I am assuming it is a black bear.

This is being sold for 120K USD, will accept bitcoin or litecoin in relevant conversion.  

I am not wasting time here, so if you are a new user, or someone without good reputation, please provide proof of funds.  Otherwise, I won't waste my time responding.

For example, acceptable proof of funds would be proof of you being in control of a wallet with the required amount for the purchase.
There are several ways to do this, PM me if you need details.

You will need to worry about your own taxes, etc.   I can't advise on that.  I pay my taxes regardless how the property is paid for.  

I also have a few residential building lots in California that are either 1 acre or 1.5 acre.  This is in Modoc county.

Multi-plex in Idaho for coin
10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:37:36 PM

These properties are still available  **  Bump

10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:08:51 PM

Hi,
Can you give some link to see pictures of the properties?
BR
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 03:46:58 AM

Hi,
Can you give some link to see pictures of the properties?
BR

This is a link for info and pictures on the 5-plex.
http://statelesstrade.com/income-producing-5-plex-for-sale-in-pocatello-idaho/

This is a link for the 51 acre camp/cabin
http://maine.craigslist.org/reo/4489153702.html

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:19:40 AM

INCOME PRODUCING 5plex for sale in Pocatello Good income, low overhead. Priced to sell $169,000

If it is priced to sell at $169,000, why are you selling it here for $220,000?

I'm confused.

Surely you have more pictures than just that one low-res photo?

Please link and share.

Your other ad says $110k yet you are selling here for $120k?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:24:36 AM

INCOME PRODUCING 5plex for sale in Pocatello Good income, low overhead. Priced to sell $169,000

If it is priced to sell at $169,000, why are you selling it here for $220,000?

I'm confused.

Surely you have more pictures than just that one low-res photo?

Please link and share.

Your other ad says $110k yet you are selling here for $120k?

Even the cabin is being sold for less on CL than it is here (120k vs 110k). I'd think if anything it would be cheaper in crypto, considering you know for sure the money is clean and it's yours. No chargebacks (which can happen with drafts as well) or tainted funds that could otherwise be confiscated.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:27:10 AM

That's why I asked. It seems backwards.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:15:09 PM

Even the cabin is being sold for less on CL than it is here (120k vs 110k). I'd think if anything it would be cheaper in crypto, considering you know for sure the money is clean and it's yours. No chargebacks (which can happen with drafts as well) or tainted funds that could otherwise be confiscated.

Here are a few things about crypto.

1.  In order to even pay my taxes, I must convert the crypto to fiat.  That is not a quick process, and there is a lot of risk in doing so.

2.  Crypto is far more volatile than fiat.  My fiat while it is being inflated, and the value being deflated. 
My fiat has not lost half its value over night, like my crypto did.    I bought a bunch of crypto at $1000 USD, and then a week or so later, it bombed out to less than $500.

As for the value of the properties.

You will not be able to find me a 5 plex, that produces $2100 gross income for less than $220,000, anywhere.  If you do, please provide me a link and I will buy it. 

As for the cabin.  This is a fully functional offgrid cabin, no utilities bills, yet all of the utilities.   Totally self contained with 51 acres.   I have never found a deal like that for $120k, not yet $110k. 

I buy a lot of properties, and I know that what I am selling is well worth the price, either the crypto price or the fiat price.   

As far as charge backs.  I don't ever get charge backs when I sell real estate with fiat, because I go through a title/escrow company, and I get the title, when the seller gets their cashier check and vise verse.  The escrow company verifies the funds before the exchange is made.  So I feel completely safe with either crypto or fiat.   

With crypto I have offered to use/pay for a title/escrow company just like with a fiat transfer.

But with this said, if you would like to take advantage of the fiat price, and convert your own crypto.  Then the fiat price is good if you want to do the transaction this way.

Thanks

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:22:36 PM

More pictures coming.   I am traveling right now, so I have limited pictures available.

This is the cabin this last winter.

http://postimg.org/image/y6t7n6fin/

Prez

Activity: 243

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:42:10 PM

I would like to visit the cabin, when would be an okay time to contact you about that?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:50:29 PM

Is that an old air strip on the Maine property? That would make for a convenient commute!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 04:19:52 PM

Is that an old air strip on the Maine property? That would make for a convenient commute!

I had intended on building an airstrip, which is one of the reasons that I bought the property.
But after living there for the last year, there are way too many awesome animals that would be displaced if I did that.   But I have moved my operation to the west coast as a business strategy, and I need to loosen some of my investments because of that.

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 04:23:26 PM

I would like to visit the cabin, when would be an okay time to contact you about that?

I am currently traveling for business, across the USA.  If you are in the USA, it is very possible that I could come to you and talk about it.   Where are you located, and do you want to meet up?

PM would be fine.  But as for phone, I am going through lots of dead spots right now, so PM would be better.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:25:38 PM

I had intended on building an airstrip, which is one of the reasons that I bought the property.
But after living there for the last year, there are way too many awesome animals that would be displaced if I did that.   But I have moved my operation to the west coast as a business strategy, and I need to loosen some of my investments because of that.
Ahh. I think I might have done the same thing. I wish this was in Wisconsin, It's what I'm looking for locally. I don't about prices in Maine, but I bet this will sell quick.

-Cheers

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:30:53 PM

1.  In order to even pay my taxes, I must convert the crypto to fiat.  That is not a quick process, and there is a lot of risk in doing so.

Use bitpay, you can create an invoice and they will automatically turn it into fiat, not that hard really.

2.  Crypto is far more volatile than fiat.  My fiat while it is being inflated, and the value being deflated. 
My fiat has not lost half its value over night, like my crypto did.    I bought a bunch of crypto at $1000 USD, and then a week or so later, it bombed out to less than $500.

Because the market went up and down, I now have to pay much more for a building? When the dollar lost a lot of value against the Euro did people start marking up their houses in the USA? No this is what happens currencies go up and down.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:07:46 PM

Use bitpay, you can create an invoice and they will automatically turn it into fiat, not that hard really.

Because the market went up and down, I now have to pay much more for a building? When the dollar lost a lot of value against the Euro did people start marking up their houses in the USA? No this is what happens currencies go up and down.

Both of these are dead on. My first thought when you talked about fluctuations is using Coinbase/Bitpay since you will get exactly what you charged (if you charge $110k, you will get $110k). Charging others extra because YOU want to take extra steps in the hopes of making more money makes no sense.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:13:10 PM

Both of these are dead on. My first thought when you talked about fluctuations is using Coinbase/Bitpay since you will get exactly what you charged (if you charge $110k, you will get $110k). Charging others extra because YOU want to take extra steps in the hopes of making more money makes no sense.

I have made my prices available.   For me taking crypto I charge one fee.   For me taking fiat I charge a different fee.  But anyone who wants to pay in fiat, are welcome to.  It's not required that you pay in crypto.   
It's like at my gold exchange.  I don't sell gold for spot value, I charge a premium.  All dealers do.

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:20:22 PM

Part of my recent mark up on the 5 plex, is that we are putting new appliances in the units.  That costs me about $15,000.  Some of the appliances have been ordered already.  We already installed  rain gutter 2 weeks ago, and we have a contractor coming to upgrade the siding, and do some work on the roof, and put new on-demand propane water heaters in all of the units.   

We have only owned this building for less than a month.  Our buying price is around $160,000, and we are certainly not buying and selling property at the same price.  After we put money into it, and improve the property we sell the building for a profit.

The more money that we put into the building, the more the building costs. 

So if you pay $220,000 for the building, all of the planned upgrades will be included.   If you buy the building for $168,000 the building sells as-is.

But yes, I do ABSOLUTELY charge a premium for crypto, based on risk, and efforts involved in converting the money to fiat.

Bitpay charges for their services.   But I don't see a plan advertised on their site that allows for such a transaction, it looks like they are capped at $100k.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:31:14 PM

Part of my recent mark up on the 5 plex, is that we are putting new appliances in the units.  That costs me about $15,000.  Some of the appliances have been ordered already.  We already installed  rain gutter 2 weeks ago, and we have a contractor coming to upgrade the siding, and do some work on the roof, and put new on-demand propane water heaters in all of the units.   

We have only owned this building for less than a month.  Our buying price is around $160,000, and we are certainly not buying and selling property at the same price.  After we put money into it, and improve the property we sell the building for a profit.

The more money that we put into the building, the more the building costs. 

So if you pay $220,000 for the building, all of the planned upgrades will be included.   If you buy the building for $168,000 the building sells as-is.

But yes, I do ABSOLUTELY charge a premium for crypto, based on risk, and efforts involved in converting the money to fiat.

Bitpay charges for their services.   But I don't see a plan advertised on their site that allows for such a transaction, it looks like they are capped at $100k.

Coinbase is free for up to $1m IIRC. That is another option for instant conversion, and they pay out daily as well.

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 06:33:39 PM

I think we are missing some essential elements.   When doing real-estate transfers, escrow is necessary (at least deals with me).   
Coinbase and bitpay come up short.   Even CryptoThrift offers escrow.   There are about a dozen semi-reputable bitcoin escrow providers, but they have fees associated with their service. 

I may in the end grow through Cryptothrift, I know one of the partners from trading over the last couple of years, and their system legit.

http://www.maxkeiser.com/2013/04/how-vulnerable-is-bitcoin-payment-processor-bitpay/

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: