Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:23:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's up with Tradehill? Is it time to head for yet *another* exchange?  (Read 2885 times)
ezdvd (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 03:27:26 PM

When did any appearance of being properly run disappear? Tradehill has nearly 1000 USD of my money and after many, many emails I've still not received a single response. It's well past their "up to 12 hours" time frame for BTC withdrawal. Has anyone else had a massive screw up like this happen recently? I've searched around here in the forums and can't seem to find a large number of instances such as this. It is however, very disturbing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 03:36:17 PM

Hey there,

If you look around the forums you will see TradeHill's US Banks accounts got frozen suddenly.
They can give you some more info, but it took a week to get a new account up and money from the old account is in process of being sent over to the new bank.

I know its frustrating, but we are working on the issue now and you should see a resolution and announcement from us and TradeHill in a few days about getting your money out.

If its a super emergency, send me a PM and Ill see if we could help

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
ezdvd (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 03:55:11 PM

Hey there,

If you look around the forums you will see TradeHill's US Banks accounts got frozen suddenly.
They can give you some more info, but it took a week to get a new account up and money from the old account is in process of being sent over to the new bank.

I know its frustrating, but we are working on the issue now and you should see a resolution and announcement from us and TradeHill in a few days about getting your money out.

-Charlie

Thanks really and truly for that but this is a BTC balance. It's what i sent through BitInstant just yesterday. By the way, *you* rock! I'm totally impressed with what you have going on. That's how to properly run a business and gain someone's trust and support.

I just hate that the price is down since the trade and I'm still waiting on, apparently, a manual approval that should have certainly been done by the time I woke up this morning. 22 hours is well long enough in my estimation.

BitInstant - seriously, virtually instantaneous

Tradehill = WTF?

That just really sums up my entire feeling right now.

Regards,
Chris

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 03:58:15 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2012, 04:00:40 PM by tysat

Hey there,

-Charlie

Thanks really and truly for that but this is a BTC balance. It's what i sent through BitInstant just yesterday. By the way, *you* rock! I'm totally impressed with what you have going on. That's how to properly run a business and gain someone's trust and support.

I just hate that the price is down since the trade and I'm still waiting on, apparently, a manual approval that should have certainly been done by the time I woke up this morning. 22 hours is well long enough in my estimation.

BitInstant - seriously, virtually instantaneous

Tradehill = WTF?

That just really sums up my entire feeling right now.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks!!!

What was the BTC withdrawal amount? Their office just opened up, let me see if I can get someone on it

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
ezdvd (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 04:18:54 PM

108. Thanks again Charlie!

Regards,
Chris
Dinkytoyz

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 02:10:39 PM

108. Thanks again Charlie!

Regards,
Chris

Only withdraw BTC from tradehill in amounts of less then 80 btc, then they wont have to approve it manually.
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 06:43:01 PM

And where is SEPA? Angry

playitoff2577

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 12:02:21 AM

having the same problem with them right now, but with btc.... they seem to ignore all emails i keep sending them.... says in process for almost 3 days now.  this is ridiculous, horrible customer service.... the btc has already gone lower and im taking a loss....
playitoff2577

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:43:24 AM

they finally released the btc. Then i requested a withdraw through cheque, and its been in process for 4 days now... this is horrible.... anyone have an idea how long it takes for the cheque to get out the "in process" status
ezdvd (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 01:59:37 AM

having the same problem with them right now, but with btc.... they seem to ignore all emails i keep sending them.... says in process for almost 3 days now.  this is ridiculous, horrible customer service.... the btc has already gone lower and im taking a loss....

have a look at https://www.cryptoxchange.com/

that's my new fav. love the way they're doing business so far.
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 02:19:27 AM

geez the forums are always cluttered up with stuff about tradehill withdrawls.  wtf is going on?

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
playitoff2577

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 03:25:23 AM

yes I am using crypto x change already, they have great live support and recommend them as well.. the only thing that i think they would need as an addition to an already great exchange, is a higher trade volume...

Tradehill has really fell off, delays like this are not acceptible... and to ignore and have literally no communication with members has turned me off from using them again..
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 3009

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 07:17:57 AM

An excellent Tradehill replacement is CampBX.  Smiley

http://www.campbx.com

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
QuantumFoam

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 09:18:02 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2012, 09:31:23 PM by QuantumFoam

fwiw I withdrew from th by check at the beginning of the week and it went through from processing to completed in about 24 hours. I still have not received the check in the mail, however. I have not attempted contacting them yet since it seems they decided last month to just ignore all customer emails and helpdesk tickets.

edit: The check just arrived with today's mail. I will still be moving to another exchange, however, due to the lack of customer support at TH.

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform on the Blockchain
playitoff2577

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 07:15:37 AM

great to hear yours actually arrived... no clue why yours went to complete within a day, but they kept mine in process (yes it hasnt changed), still no contact has been made... I already submitted the documents before they even requested, from my previous btc problem with them... so I dont understand why they would are not completing this.....

I was browsing around the forum and I see there is a representative, (Jerred?) he was active on here a couple months ago, I cant see why they have dont any time at all to even respond....Customer support is a big thing to me and im sure to everyone else using exchanges... I wouldnt be complaining though if they were just to do what was requested and not have ridiculous delays.
intersango

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 09:33:13 AM

Check out Intersango.com

The 2nd longest operating exchange, the only exchange run by core bitcoin developers and one of the rare exchanges never to suffer a hack.

We provide excellent support answering the vast majority of support tickets within the same day. We also have incredibly competitive rates especially when you factor in the low transfer costs for USD/EUR/GBP and PLN.
playitoff2577

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 10:19:38 AM

it looks great but the trading volume is not high enough
fornit

Activity: 987
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 01:44:05 PM

chicken egg problem?
playitoff2577

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 02:08:49 PM

chicken egg problem?

chicken egg problem?

lol with the btc fluctuating a lot recently, i find my self in a rush to exchange it asap... if exchanges had volume like Mtgox would be good
intersango

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 04:36:05 AM

One thing people don't realize is there is a ton of liquidity do to competing arbitrage bots which spread the markets liquidity as a whole over to Intersango

We have had a lot of volume today due to the price swings. My guess is the orderbooks will fill up a lot more during business times tomorrow (on the 14th)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: