Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:45:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Colored Coin Initial Public Offering [Monthly Dividends]  (Read 10944 times)
vtropolis (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:28:21 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 07:02:25 AM by vtropolis

Vapetropolis Colored Coin IPO

Instructions for buying IPO shares (process is very simple):

1.   Create a Colored Coin Wallet at http://www.coinprism.com
2.   Fund your Colored Coin Wallet with bitcoins
3.   Send Bitcoins from your Colored Coin Wallet to 1LzUY9zPp1iSabwr4aUwUezSGe5aC4Wmhh
4.   Wait for shares to be sent to your Colored Coin Wallet.

IPO Details

The sale will last 30 days or until all units have sold out. Backers will receive additional shares based on the following incentive structure:
1st week:  30% bonus units
2nd week:  20% bonus units
3rd week:  10% bonus units
4th week:  no bonus

300,000 public shares represents 30% ownership of Vapetropolis.  
1,000,000 Total Shares
1 share = 0.0002 BTC
Dividends – All profits from bitcoin sales will be distributed as dividends to shareholders on a monthly basis. Please note our dividend strategy may change in the future. (currently all sales are in bitcoin, however we are adding credit card payment solution asap.)
As a shareholder, you will be entitled to a portion of all profits generated from Vapetropolis and any future entrepreneurial activities.

Minimum investment to receive dividends is 100 shares = 0.02 BTC

edit: Shares will be distributed at the end of each day.  So Please make sure you have sent bitcoins from a coinprism wallet. http://www.coinprism.com

About

Vapetropolis is an online retailer of vaporization products. Vaporization is a technique for avoiding irritating respiratory toxins in marijuana smoke by heating cannabis to a temperature where the psychoactive ingredients evaporate without causing combustion. The company is based in Canada but provides shipping of its products to the United States, United Kingdom as well Europe and Australia.  It began doing business in November of 2012.  Sales have grown significantly since then and in February of 2013 we began accepting bitcoin. We have generated over 70 bitcoins since then.  However, in late October, paypal refused to do business with us, saying they do not allow the sale of e-cigarettes and vaporizers.  Vapetropolis then turned to the payment processing company Stripe, to process credit card payments, but they also refused to do business with us after a few sales.  Our website has been surviving on bitcoin sales, but the volume is not near the volume we were doing prior to the paypal event.  

Growth Strategy

Our strategy to grow the business is to set up an online credit card payment solution immediately and focus more on gaining international sales.  In Canada, e-cigarettes and vaporizers are sort of in a regulatory grey area at the moment.   Currently we have been struggling to open a merchant account that will process vaporizer sales as Canadian banks have been denying e-cig and vaporizer retailers.  From all the merchant providers we have talked to, they have suggested we open a U.S corporation and virtual office.  This will allow us to open a U.S merchant account in which we can process online credit card payments as they are less strict in the U.S.

Our marketing strategy will be to focus on search engine optimization and new forms of paid advertising.  Starting an affiliate program is also high on our agenda. We may also hire a professional marketing consultant to help come up with a viable marketing strategy that produces optimal ROI.  

We are also interested in marketing towards the bitcoin community as conversion rates are fairly high.   Buysellads.com has a growing number of bitcoin sites that we can advertise on, and we are specifically interested in coinmarketcap.com

Vaporizer Market

The market size for vaporization products is difficult to estimate because of how quickly it is growing and a lack of consolidated statistics. The e-cigarette market for example is on target to have doubled in size this year; to $2 billion.  TAM (total addressable market size) for portable vaporizers, not counting e-cigarettes, is likely to be around $500 million.

Top Brands are Volcano by Stors & Bickel, Arizer, Davinci, Magic Flight Launch Box.  Many new vaporizers seem to be entering the market almost every month indicating a lot of hype around the industry particularly because of new favorable regulations in the U.S. decriminalizing the use of marijuana.  

Operational Costs

Currently our only operational cost is web hosting.  We use xpcwebhosting.com at 19.95 per month.  However, we are considering upgrading to cloud hosting to provide better service to our international customers.

Use of Funds

The funds will be used accordingly:
1.   Set up U.S corporation, virtual office, merchant account, U.S bank account to be able to accept credit card payments again.
2.   Revamp marketing of website to increase website traffic and conversions.
3.   Upgrading infrastructure to support worldwide shipping and optimize website.
4.   Possible development of new portable vaporizer.  
5.     Implement future strategies to grow the company.

Bitcoin Sales since April 2013:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cLjBa3DwxeepkahVtRzLgzPXtugPqvH67xFIzcrr24Q/pubhtml
*we've used mtgox to process bitcoin payments prior to using bitpay, but we do not have that data available.
Website Revenue to date: http://imgur.com/Hybu6ZC

If you have any further questions please ask them below or contact us at vtropolis@gmail.com.  Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinprism

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 02:10:29 PM

Really nice use of colored coins!

Here is a tip about your colored coin profile: you should actually put all that description inside the profile (in the description field).

The description field supports markdown formatting (see here for details on the syntax).
skibum

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:31:10 PM

I would have it professionally proofread and edited, also.  I see some typos.  Also, the information provided here looks pretty light.  Real investors expect more thorough and detailed information about the company, its founders, ownership structure, etc, etc.
vtropolis (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:36:39 PM

Hi guys,

We made a blog post on our website, since there was no mention of it on our website.  More details will be added later tonight.  And a proper banner will be made on our site to assure people that this post is legit and indeed from us.  Any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks.
huanix

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:00:38 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 11:33:37 PM by huanix

I sent a transaction from coinprism this morning. It currently has 62 confirmations but I have not received colored coins on my coin prism account.

I'll update this post if that changes, but I would encourage you to wait until you see proof of delivery first.

I am clear that coins are sent once per day, I just want to make sure it works.

UPDATE: Shares delivered as promised, several hours later in the same day.
vtropolis (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:37:52 PM

Thanks for announcing that.  We will do our best to make a return on your investment.

More shares will be delivered tomorrow, or possibly later tonight.
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 12:52:05 AM

Will the Vapetropolis.ca store accept VAPE, valued at market rate, for its products?

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
sft

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:55:51 AM

Is there a detailed profit model?
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:13:02 AM

I had a discussion with the OP over Skype and he did forward this profit model over.

http://pastie.org/pastes/9180306/text?key=v07ggj5tf6bjtgcdjzkjvg

huanix

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:58:37 AM

I had a discussion with the OP over Skype and he did forward this profit model over.

http://pastie.org/pastes/9180306/text?key=v07ggj5tf6bjtgcdjzkjvg

Looks legit.
Armando

Activity: 874
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:22:12 AM

1.   Set up U.S corporation, virtual office, merchant account, U.S bank account to be able to accept credit card payments again.

Looks like you need to hire a lawyer and rethink your budgets. Have you ever heard about state licenses, FinCen etc? And what bank are you planing to use for opening merchant account for "US corp" with virtual office?

Maybe you are skilled in software development, but your business model sucks ass, sorry. You should start from finding someone who understands legal matters, have you heard about e-gold and others?
Armando

Activity: 874
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:25:48 AM

LOL, did not noticed about vaporizers, marijuana etc)) Well then, try to design a new plan when (if))) you'll be sober)
vtropolis (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:43:39 PM

1.   Set up U.S corporation, virtual office, merchant account, U.S bank account to be able to accept credit card payments again.

Looks like you need to hire a lawyer and rethink your budgets. Have you ever heard about state licenses, FinCen etc? And what bank are you planing to use for opening merchant account for "US corp" with virtual office?

Maybe you are skilled in software development, but your business model sucks ass, sorry. You should start from finding someone who understands legal matters, have you heard about e-gold and others?

This is our top priority right now and we have talked with about dozen merchant providers who specialize in e-cigs.  This is the best solution for online Canadian retailers to be able to accept online credit card payments, and is a common business practise.
broolstoryco

Activity: 76

Enemy of the State

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:51:05 PM

The coinprism site isnt very helpful.

So how does this work? I send you btc, you send me (presumably) some dust that youve colored. Can i send this dust to an arbitrary address. Can I mix this dust with normal coins? To which address will dividends be paid?

Thanks!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:56:29 PM

I would have it professionally proofread and edited, also.  I see some typos.  Also, the information provided here looks pretty light.  Real investors expect more thorough and detailed information about the company, its founders, ownership structure, etc, etc.

Funny you should say that, as I noticed the same. Also, I'm a professional editor and proofreader (and would gladly take on this project). OP, send me a PM if you're interested! I'd work in return for pay or shares.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
vtropolis (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:45:37 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 02:04:34 AM by vtropolis

The coinprism site isnt very helpful.

So how does this work? I send you btc, you send me (presumably) some dust that youve colored. Can i send this dust to an arbitrary address. Can I mix this dust with normal coins? To which address will dividends be paid?

Thanks!

Thanks for the questions, will try to shed some light.

The "dust" in this case would be Bitcoin. The Bitcoin blockchain is used as the mechanism for sending/receiving coins, and the coloring exists as a protocol on top of the blockchain. Coinprism uses the Open Assets protocol for coloring, https://github.com/OpenAssets/open-assets-protocol/blob/master/specification.mediawiki.

Colored coins must be sent to a wallet that is set up to accept them. From Coinprism, "If you are sending colored coins, please make sure the recipient is expecting them in that address. A colorblind client or wallet could uncolor coins if they perform a transaction on an address that contains colored coins." CP has a forum if you're interested in learning more technical details and/or connecting with other users - http://forum.coinprism.com/

Dividends will be paid to the address from which the Bitcoins were sent. For now, we recommend only sending Bitcoins from a Coinprism wallet. We are manually managing these addresses through spreadsheets with multiple backups, having the blockchain - https://blockchain.info/address/1LzUY9zPp1iSabwr4aUwUezSGe5aC4Wmhh as an ultimate authority on share amount and receiving address.

vtropolis (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:52:38 AM

Today's shares have been delivered to all recipients.  Pending transactions will receive shares once they have been confirmed.
vladyslaff

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:06:34 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 09:40:46 AM by vladyslaff

Hi,

I sent some amount from my Main Coinprism wallet's address. But now I am not sure whether the Main address supports colored coins or not.

Best Regards,
Vlad

Consulting services and assistance in setting up your own systems (Lightning Network / Ethereum staking / others) for a fair price
vtropolis (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:43:58 PM

Hi,

I sent some amount from my Main Coinprism wallet's address. But now I am not sure whether the Main address supports colored coins or not.

Best Regards,
Vlad

Yeah the main address supports colored coins.  You should be fine.  I sent the shares btw.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:45:59 PM

So is this another vaporware investment?  Grin (sorry, couldn't resist the joke)

Have you tried other payment processors such as Skrill, Neteller, etc to accept CC payments? I find it hard to believe that it's so complicated for someone who isn't doing anything illegal.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: