Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:45:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Twunk Tank  (Read 5699 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 05:46:25 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2012, 04:41:33 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I just want to state here that I feel Matthew N. Wright stole my idea and is now in the process of re-branding it!

Bitocin Think Twunk Tank: A place to express your brainfarts to the community with the hope that one day...

An aluminum can recycling machine that pays out in local currency or BTC. Change the smiley face to the Bitcoin logo, and it's golden. The profit margin for these set-ups is handsome. Therefore, I suggest that if a user wants payment in BTC, he should get a slightly higher return than fiat. Kids could use it get some micro-bits so that they can bump Bieber stories on CoinSmack. It can be called 'Bits for Cans'.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 05:51:10 PM

This one, Seems like a Really Great idea, You could literally have All recycle despenary machines have the option to pay out with btc

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 06:13:20 PM

All vending machines would benefit as well with no cash inside for drug addicts to destroy. I miss the days when outdoor vending machines were common.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:43:51 PM

All vending machines would benefit as well with no cash inside for drug addicts to destroy. I miss the days when outdoor vending machines were common.
They already have a Bitcoin vending machine.
I've only seen about... Four.. Five Indoor vending machines in my whole life, Compared to the 99999999999999999 i've seen out doors, Damn man, And i live in Crime Capitol of BC.
More crime here than anywhere else in BC..
Luck? Or careful placement?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 11:57:44 PM

This one, Seems like a Really Great idea, You could literally have All recycle despenary machines have the option to pay out with btc

Check this out! http://greenopolis.com/

and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhyOzn9vBRc
vite
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 12:00:12 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2012, 03:23:57 PM by vite

In my country crackheads would steal the cans, and leave the cash.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 01:43:34 AM

Brainfart #2:

A Bitcoin Time Vault:

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 04:50:33 AM

Brainfart #3: What would a novelty Bitcoin clock look like?

3:00 zone reserved for 3.14159265 or just the symbol used for pi.

Since it's a novelty clock that will work, we can even make it a 24 hr clock oppose to a 12 hour clock.

Too bad this logo has 24 stars oppose to needing only 23. BC = Bitcoin Clock.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 04:58:02 AM

Since we are throwing perfectly good ideas against the wall here... what about those damned CoinStar machines in the grocery stores? They could payout at par in bitcoin instead of taking their cut at 7% or more of fiat. They would more than be able to cover their fees with bitcoins not getting cashed in, and with playing the exchange float game. The local grocery store could get into the btc gambit too... hmmm, this one might have some legs...
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 05:03:38 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2012, 05:14:06 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Since we are throwing perfectly good ideas against the wall here... what about those damned CoinStar machines in the grocery stores? They could payout at par in bitcoin instead of taking their cut at 7% or more of fiat. They would more than be able to cover their fees with bitcoins not getting cashed in, and with playing the exchange float game. The local grocery store could get into the btc gambit too... hmmm, this one might have some legs...

+1

Since we are throwing perfectly good ideas against the wall here

I could have easily titled this thread 'Steal This Idea' but opted for the current title to hopefully garner more eyeballs. (eyeballs! in that other thread, I should have stated that I would lick Matthew's eyeballs...)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 07:25:28 AM

Brainfart #4: Inspired by http://anonymousads.com/affiliates (but don't ask me how--I was born wired that way).

A website based on the Bitcoin Faucet, but with a twist--it has ads. When you comment on the ad, you earn .001 BTC, paid out of the advertiser's pool. (might as well get the split out of the way--80/20) For instance, BitBrew pays 1 BTC for their ad to be on the page. There is .80 BTC available for free (.001 BTC at a time) available to only those who comment. Possibly https://freebitcoins.appspot.com/ can implement this change into their business model or a new site by somebody else would be built. I envision it with advertising banners on the left.

For higher placement, the advertiser pays 2, 3, or 4 BTC. The beauty of this is that on one page, someone interested in Bitcoin can see all the sites that accept Bitcoin.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 04:59:41 PM

If memory serves me well, Matthew N. Wright once accused Atlas of being a leach (paraphrased). I now believe that Matthew is the leach. He stole took my idea and has re-branded it without even giving me credit. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he took his magazine idea, albeit a great one, from somebody else. All I'm requesting is for Matthew to acknowledge that he got the idea for Twunker from this thread and offer up an apology to me.

~Bruno~
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:08:26 PM

Yeah it's one thing for someone to have the same idea as you and another when they start a new thread using your idea immediately. I don't mind sharing ideas and having people use them, but there is no honest reason to not even acknowledge the idea in the thread they steal get it from.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:14:33 PM

Yeah it's one thing for someone to have the same idea as you and another when they start a new thread using your idea immediately. I don't mind sharing ideas and having people use them, but there is no honest reason to not even acknowledge the idea in the thread they steal get it from.

Yeh! I like Matthew, but perhaps he simply made a mistake. All I'm asking is that he offer up an apology and acknowledge to this community that he got the idea from me. That is all. Then we move on. I'm sure he's a reasonable man. It's not like I'm going to remove all my advertising from his magazine of which I've yet to pay for, but not taking that off the table. In fact, I won't do that. At least not for the first issue. I'm sure that by the second issue, sometime in May, this will be resolved.

~Bruno~
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:16:23 PM

If memory serves me well, Matthew N. Wright once accused Atlas of being a leach (paraphrased). I now believe that Matthew is the leach. He stole took my idea and has re-branded it without even giving me credit. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he took his magazine idea, albeit a great one, from somebody else. All I'm requesting is for Matthew to acknowledge that he got the idea for Twunker from this thread and offer up an apology to me.

~Bruno~

And what idea would that be?

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:22:01 PM

~Bruno~

This thread entitled Bitcoin Twank Tank (formally Bitcoin Think Tank) vs Matthew's thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61512.0

~Bruno~

Edit: He even reworded my tag line: "A place to express your brainfarts to the community with the hope that one day..." VS "Brainfart on the internet?"
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:23:17 PM

Brainfart #4: Inspired by http://anonymousads.com/affiliates (but don't ask me how--I was born wired that way).

A website based on the Bitcoin Faucet, but with a twist--it has ads. When you comment on the ad, you earn .001 BTC, paid out of the advertiser's pool. (might as well get the split out of the way--80/20) For instance, BitBrew pays 1 BTC for their ad to be on the page. There is .80 BTC available for free (.001 BTC at a time) available to only those who comment. Possibly https://freebitcoins.appspot.com/ can implement this change into their business model or a new site by somebody else would be built. I envision it with advertising banners on the left.

For higher placement, the advertiser pays 2, 3, or 4 BTC. The beauty of this is that on one page, someone interested in Bitcoin can see all the sites that accept Bitcoin.

Nice Phinneus. I would tweak it so users are answering questions about products. Bitbrew would ask users to do research and visit pages on their site to find answers.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:25:21 PM

Nice Phinneus. I would tweak it so users are answering questions about products. Bitbrew would ask users to do research and visit pages on their site to find answers.

I'm glad you approve and started using it before Matthew got his claws on it.

~Bruno~
legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 08:32:00 PM

~Bruno~

This thread entitled Bitcoin Twank Tank (formally Bitcoin Think Tank) vs Matthew's thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61512.0

~Bruno~

Edit: He even reworded my tag line: "A place to express your brainfarts to the community with the hope that one day..." VS "Brainfart on the internet?"

Do you have proof it was your idea, before he made it? Can't you like sue him in the International Bitcoin Court?

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 12:57:03 AM

Step 1:  Create a Bitcoin card that swipes like a credit card.

Step 2:  Take a credit card POS machine (like the ones you find in a gas station or supermarket counter) and modify it to allow it to read both credit cards and the aforementioned Bitcoin card.

Step 3:  Enable the credit card/Bitcoin card machine to connect to both credit card servers and the Bitcoin network.

Step 4:  Equip the credit card/Bitcoin card machine with a built-in Bitcoin address linked to a pre-made Bit-pay account.  When a consumer swipes the Bitcoin card, the machine will automatically send the Bitcoins to this Bit-Pay address.

Step 5:  Convince gas stations/supermarkets/etc. to implement these machines in their stores.  Merchants will simply need to contact Bit-Pay, tell Bit-Pay their machine's serial number so that Bit-Pay can verify and activate their account, and the merchant can fill in their bank's direct deposit information on the Bit-Pay website.

Step 6:  Voila!  You now have a credit card POS machine that all merchants are already familiar with, but it will also work with Bitcoins. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: