Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 05:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget China, India will be next  (Read 3819 times)
Davis14

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:38:56 PM

Am I sensing a new bubble for btc?

*Link Removed*  [url=h
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:47:59 PM

Am I sensing a new bubble for btc?
Yes, a very, very, very tiny bubble. But hey, a bubble's a bubble right?
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:15:38 AM

There's nearly zero adoption in India, no nodes, no miners, no exchange, no infrastructure, nothing. I don't see it changing any time soon.

That means a huge market still unexplored. As far as I know there are lots of people with lots of money, and they are very strong in the IT industry, so for me it is like a room full of natural gas, just waiting to a spark to blow up
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:20:48 AM

There's nearly zero adoption in India, no nodes, no miners, no exchange, no infrastructure, nothing. I don't see it changing any time soon.

That means a huge market still unexplored. As far as I know there are lots of people with lots of money, and they are very strong in the IT industry, so for me it is like a room full of natural gas, just waiting to a spark to blow up

seems to me that india has less of a financial or entrepreneurial spirit than a country like china though. i don't think it'll grow seemingly overnight like it did in china.. but who knows, maybe i'm wrong.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:04:11 PM

seems to me that india has less of a financial or entrepreneurial spirit than a country like china though. i don't think it'll grow seemingly overnight like it did in china.. but who knows, maybe i'm wrong.
I mostly agree with this sentiment. Historically growth in India has been slower because of the social systems and the constant status quo of disparity. So it'll be hard to gain lasting penetration.

However, this disparity has burgeoned a small group of people who are quite financially adept (i.e. the people who run the major in-house IT companies, and there are a few of them). So there is definitely a market that can be tapped into.
Eotnak

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:09:57 PM

A room full of natural gas needs more than a spark to blow up...it needs oxygen.
Just like a country needs more than a lot of people for bitcoin to blow up there.
saif92

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:14:33 PM

A room full of natural gas needs more than a spark to blow up...it needs oxygen.
Just like a country needs more than a lot of people for bitcoin to blow up there.
I don't think Indian economy have any impact on bitcoin because central agencies already raided exchanges and Central government not allowing exchanges to work openly

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:23:52 PM

hasn't india really been reclusive.. and they like to block a lot of "foreign" things. i remember they didn't even like coca cola into the country. seems like, historically, their government is fractured and i guess you could say xenophobic.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:15:43 PM

LOL to the bears

India is the world's No. 1 gold buyer, and despite government efforts it is also No1. gold smuggling nation

They will love the digital alternative...  Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:33:13 PM

Does anyone have an opinion about the election outcome?
edwardspitz

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:44:27 PM

I am from India...the story that India will be the next for bitcoin is as aspiring as each if  bitcoin reaching 100000$.

So take some grains of salt, actually lot of salt..

Does the site seem legit to you? I have serious doubts about it...
R2Pleasent

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

Owner@ CryptoFundingTracker.com

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 06:43:58 AM

India does not have the infrastructure to make anywhere near the impact of China.  Furthermore, India's government already took a strong stance against Bitcoin.  Just because it has a high population and an exchange does not mean it's going to take 50% market share overnight.

Owner & Co-Founder @ CryptoFundingTracker.com
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 06:49:41 AM

Does anyone have an opinion about the election outcome?

They are saying there is a huge turnaround from the elections. A very business friendly government was elected, their markets soared after the election.

The Bitcoin exchanges in India need to get the ear of key people in power to open things up.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:32:25 AM

Not true. Have you ever checked the India sub-section of the Bitcointalk?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=89.0

It is one of the most active subsections in the Local section.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:22:47 AM

Looks like a new government just got elected in India. Apparently the leader Mr. Modi is business and tech friendly. Could be a bullish signal.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Pepin

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:46:42 AM

India is plagued by decades of corruption, red-tape and cronyism.

Corruption, red-tape, and cronyism didn't stop Chinese exchanges from being set up, so I wouldn't think that it would stop Indian ones either.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:17:24 PM

Corruption, red-tape, and cronyism didn't stop Chinese exchanges from being set up, so I wouldn't think that it would stop Indian ones either.

I have been to India multiple times. And trust me, India is extremely hostile to business ventures, when compared to the business-friendly China. Sure, corruption do exist in China, but the magnitude of the problem is much lower when compared to that in India.
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:22:15 PM

Hopefully we will see a rise in the price of bitcoin!
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:44:58 PM

I have been to India. The caste system would never allow bit coin to thrive. The mere thought of the lower classes having wealth not controlled by the upper echelon would be unpalatable. 

That's an untrue statement. India is an extraordinarily complex country with so many types of people living and it is not controlled by one type of people. The upper class does not mean wealthy in Indian caste system AFAIK. They have some weird religion based caste system.

I don't think Bitcoin will go main stream there simply because most people are not that tech savvy as Chinese and still rely on cash to do trade at low level. The government has incredibly tight capital controls and banks are also tightly regulated.

Any type of Bitcoin craze in India would be very good news for BTC.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:16:21 PM

Looks like a new government just got elected in India. Apparently the leader Mr. Modi is business and tech friendly. Could be a bullish signal.

India still is a prohibitism and have banned bitcoin by default in the last India bubble.
If the new government becomes anything modernish like a democratic or republic it will be bullish.
Until that happens don't think that India will ever enter bitcoin unless their government approves bitcoin and explicitly allows it.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: