Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:13:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HKCEX as new exchange  (Read 2789 times)
HysonCorp

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:28:10 AM

Not saying HKcex.net is legit, as I do see some red flags.

but cryptocoinisnews.com is probably a worse entity in the cryptoworld. they will report anything that's is a mile from being true, and will report whatever that will give themselves view hits. (attention seeking whore like all other mainstream media)  In the past they had issued articles that's not only biased, (won't say towards what, you decide) but sometimes entirely wrong, or blindsighted. So to me, cryptocoinisnews.com means nothing here.

that being said, the ATM machine from HKCEX does look photoshopped.
but again, HKCEX never claimed they are operating ATMs, just planning to.

I want to teach everyone a basic rule I made up in Cryptoworld:

- DO NOT INVEST into anything with less than 6mths of age.
- DO NOT take part in any coin that is instant mined, premined.
example: whitecoin, auroracoin, basically 99% of all crypto launches are scammish schemes.

I am not going to deposit money in HKCEX until they survive for 6mths, that's my basics for ALL exchanges.
if they survive for 6mths, that means they are legit enough to pay admin fees etc to stay alive.

pletharoe

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:39:49 AM

I just reported this to the HK Joint Financial Intelligence Unit (financial police).  Hopefully more people will do the same.  Here's the link.

http://www.jfiu.gov.hk/en/contact_us.html
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:09:44 AM

they must be joking....

Hello,

We have a suspicion that your account is being used for money laundering illegally obtained.
To confirm your account in accordance with the policy of KYC, we ask you to send a notarized copy of your passport to:

HKCEx
Belcher's Street, 56
Sai Wan, Hong Kong

After receiving the documents and verify your identity, withdrawals will be made within 24 hours.
Thank you for your cooperation.

--
Chi Xu,
Financial Department,
HKCEx
www.hkcex.net
leozzo

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:12:15 PM

Someone has successfully finished a trade on this site?

Deposit->Sell->Withdrawal ?

bitbybitbybitcoin

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:34:25 PM

HysonCorp, I'd love to hash out why you think CryptoCoinsNews is worse than HKCEx.

We've had issues in the past but over the past months our quality has been tightened considerably.  If you find any instances of unreported bias or un-backed claims, please forward them to me so I can address them.  We've fired multiple authors for these types of transgressions and constantly seek to improve ourselves.

Seriously, if you have an issue with something on CCN, chances are I will too... Email me: bitbybitbybitcoin@gmail.com

I know you see the same red flags I saw with HKCEx.  Do you think that I jumped the gun?  
For everyone's information: HKCEx hasn't answered a single one of the more pressing questions that I have raised.

Regarding HKCEx's ATMs... They claimed that they would be operational by the end of February and never said anything to the contrary.  It was explicitly HKCEx's plan that some media sources would misreport their claims which would bolster their perceived legitimacy.

Technode was HKCEx's largest victim.  Technode claimed that HKCEx's Bitcoin ATM network was up and running when Technode published that HKCEx had raised $25 million.  Let me repeat: Technode published the only article claiming that HKCEx was running an ATM network in HK.
In fact, in Technode's February article where they claim HKCEx is launching their ATM Network, Technode lets readers assume that the ATMs shown in malls are real pictures.  The pictures, as hosted on HKCEx, are marked as models.  

HKCEx prettied this up to make the ATM: http://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/electronics/computer/3d-model-detailed-atm-machine-kiosk

While HKCEx never explicitly said their ATMs were up and running, they were able to (with the help of Technode) pass off that impression to the Bitcoin community.

In this story: There is a news site in the wrong and there is a news site in the right.
bitbybitbybitcoin

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:11:58 AM

I follow your basic rules of CryptoWorld, btw.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:17:11 AM

Not saying HKcex.net is legit, as I do see some red flags.

I would say one of the biggest red flags possible is the fact they do NOT use ssl for account login.  Roll Eyes
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:19:55 AM

so another scam?  Huh

personally didn't touch this site or wdc so not a problem
sorry if anyone else has

just stick to btce,bitstamp,cryptsy is best advice imo, big 3

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
leozzo

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:43:17 AM

SCAMMER.

DONT USE IT
kevorsen (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:22:51 PM

yeah, they removed https, and makes themselves very .... not secure this moment.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: