Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:10:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 1578 times)
turtlehurricane (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:27:53 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 03:22:49 PM by turtlehurricane

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:35:55 PM

Actually the admins of the SR 2.0 have proved themselves to be a honest and trustworthy bunch. Even after a hacker stole thousands of BTC from their wallet, the admins refunded the users with their own money. Their actions were quite a revelation, at a time when the entire Bitcoin sector is flooded with con artists and crooks.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:13:31 PM

People will always find ways to get the things they want no matter how hard government tries to prevent it. There will always be people willing to deliver these goods and services as well. Usually at a hefty premium.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4507

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:42:13 AM

Actually the admins of the SR 2.0 have proved themselves to be a honest and trustworthy bunch. Even after a hacker stole thousands of BTC from their wallet, the admins refunded the users with their own money. Their actions were quite a revelation, at a time when the entire Bitcoin sector is flooded with con artists and crooks.

you realise the best con a conman does is to take peoples money. tell them it was stolen, but offer to reimburse it.

this method has been done by many boiler rooms and conartists for years, it costs nothing and the reality is that funds never move/were ever lost. and was purely a story to gain trust.

the easiest way to spot a 'story' is when the business does not close shop to redevelop its security, to audit balances or even simply show actual proof of theft beyond just their words

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 03:35:55 AM

you realise the best con a conman does is to take peoples money. tell them it was stolen, but offer to reimburse it.

this method has been done by many boiler rooms and conartists for years, it costs nothing and the reality is that funds never move/were ever lost. and was purely a story to gain trust.

the easiest way to spot a 'story' is when the business does not close shop to redevelop its security, to audit balances or even simply show actual proof of theft beyond just their words
QFT, don't leave your money in someone else's wallet, for any reason, ever.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:38:25 AM

that's what i heard. and SR 2.0 is actually, in some ways, bigger than the old SR.. kind of a funny fact to me. the drug peddlers are actually the honest bunch.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:46:48 AM

That story is very suspect:
If the admins are already wealthy enough to pay back "thousands of BTC" from their own funds, then why are they taking the enormous risk of running SR 2?
Silly "libertarians" and their utopian free market.  Cheesy

beetcoin

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:49:40 AM

That story is very suspect:
If the admins are already wealthy enough to pay back "thousands of BTC" from their own funds, then why are they taking the enormous risk of running SR 2?
Silly "libertarians" and their utopian free market.  Cheesy

i don't know the full story, but the money lost could have only been the amount in escrow, in which case it wouldn't be as much as it'd be if everyone's wallet had been hijacked. that money could be paid back fairly quickly.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4507

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:50:41 AM

this thread should be used as scientific research.

everyone says drugs make drug users paranoid. yet this thread is proving that druggies are not paranoid and trust strangers, that they will never meet face to face with large amounts of money

these con men tricks are to make people think its safe to use their service to store lots of funds, instead of just trusting them with small amounts for that days transactions.

be smart leave your main 'savings' in a proper bitcoin -core wallet and only use daily spend amounts. whether its SR or an exchange or any other third party service.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
beetcoin

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:25:25 AM

this thread should be used as scientific research.

everyone says drugs make drug users paranoid. yet this thread is proving that druggies are not paranoid and trust strangers, that they will never meet face to face with large amounts of money

these con men tricks are to make people think its safe to use their service to store lots of funds, instead of just trusting them with small amounts for that days transactions.

be smart leave your main 'savings' in a proper bitcoin -core wallet and only use daily spend amounts. whether its SR or an exchange or any other third party service.

imo, i think it's the opposite.. druggies are a bit too trusting since their inhibitions have been lowered by the drugs. they're also more desperate for their stash, so they'd be willing to take on the high risk of buying illegal substances through the internet.

best way to lose your money is to gamble while you're on shit.
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:03:16 AM

I believe the publicity surrounding the "takedown" of Dread Pirate Roberts and the Silk Road merely sensationalized to an entirely new generation that you CAN use technology to achieve all methods of crime.  I can tell you from experience, someone within the FBI wanted to make an achievement noteworthy to attain higher standing within the agency.  If you compared the amount of funds seized to the actual man hours clocked in total investigating this crime you'd likely see that there is a huge deficit.  In other words, tens of millions probably went in to this investigation.  All for a couple of fish and maybe 3 mil in BTC.  

Yep, they deterred nothing and created ten more just like it.  Kind of reminds one of the whole jihadist thing.  Kill one and you create a generation more.  

Edit:  What they don't want you to know is what they really don't, and probably will never, know.
grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 05:08:13 AM

Just hope some more good and famous marketplaces like Silk Road emerge so that there's a chance for people like me to earn some BTC.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:39:46 AM

How does a SR work? Do you just go to the website and see lots of drugs for sale, you put it in a cart and checkout?

beetcoin

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:04:27 AM

How does a SR work? Do you just go to the website and see lots of drugs for sale, you put it in a cart and checkout?

well, yeah. that's how it works basically. i read there's an escrow system which is to help prevent fraud. the funds held in escrow are released when the buyer receives his stuff.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:39:09 AM

even if the stolen coins haven't really been stolen and this have been just a marketing maneuver, that don't make them dishonest, since they could just shut down any day and just run away with all the bitcoins.

What i wonder is how the deliver is done. By common mail service? Can't the sellers be tracked back this way?

And what happens if they identify a drug packet addressed to me? I'm afraid if someone from my real life that dislikes me discovers my interest about bitcoin, he could just buyy something from sick road, anonymously alert the police and put me in trouble.

beetcoin

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:00:56 AM

even if the stolen coins haven't really been stolen and this have been just a marketing maneuver, that don't make them dishonest, since they could just shut down any day and just run away with all the bitcoins.

What i wonder is how the deliver is done. By common mail service? Can't the sellers be tracked back this way?

And what happens if they identify a drug packet addressed to me? I'm afraid if someone from my real life that dislikes me discovers my interest about bitcoin, he could just buyy something from sick road, anonymously alert the police and put me in trouble.

that's still dishonest, because even though you're giving those coins back, you are taking them away from people without their permission.. all for your benefit. i don't think that's what happened though, but who knows.
RomertL

Activity: 470

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:25:29 AM

I think that would be a questionable strategy.  I'm not sure everybody would prefer an exchange who one time has been hacked but who returned the coins to an exchange that has never been hacked.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:35:55 AM

You won't ever truly take down silk road, because it's more of an idea that these users live by. Similar to this war on terrorism that the US is fighting. Look how long that's been going on, and how much longer it must go on, only realizing in the end that we cannot completely kill it off. It's all done for politics.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:57:25 AM

Silly "libertarians" and their utopian free market.  Cheesy
Indeed. Capitalism is a religion, and economics is a pseudoscience. The nation-state as we know it is on its way out.

This whole game we're playing is a series of myths, behaviors we have inherited from the industrial age and feudal traditions (rent!) we haven't yet figured out how to transcend. Or have we?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:14:52 PM

well, yeah. that's how it works basically. i read there's an escrow system which is to help prevent fraud. the funds held in escrow are released when the buyer receives his stuff.

Wow that's wild. No wonder the Mercian popo wants to shut it down. It makes the drug war look so stupid if you can ship it straight to a house. They should call it Amazope or Dopeazon. Then you could have Amazope Prime. They can't get it to you in two days guaranteed but they could smoke it for you and guarantee to tell you what a great high it was within two days.

Is anybody concerned that Amazope is just a government honey pot for little piggies that want more slop in their trough?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: