Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:26:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HKCEx breaks the market. 8.88% bonus on deposit, high rates and more!  (Read 12476 times)
BTCalexxx2.0

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:38:19 AM

Regretfully, it doesn't look good at all.

While I managed to escape from Mt.Gox only a few weeks before they went down, it seems they finally got me. Looking back, I cannot believe how careless I must have been to deposit 5.5BTC and 10kWDC. It was probably to the massive lack of sleep mixed with a couple of beers and a bottle vine.

I guess I was one of the first trolls who came across the news about HKCex collecting $25mio from investors in some Chinese blog and I didn't even wonder about the 8.88% or the BTC exchange rate way above other exchanges. To add some reasoning here,  I expected BTC/USD to skyrocket and thought they were just making proper incentives to take over a good chunk of the market. So, I came to the conclusion that as soon as traders were rushing into the new exchange the price then would quickly adjust somewhere between 470 and 500USD. After weeks of going sideways, I was just so convinced and excited that there finally might be some price movement due to HKCex stepping into the market (amonst many other indications), that I didn't see those huge red flags. Seriously, I am not a n000b, but feel free to call me a fool instead, if you like to call me names... But maybe some of you can even see how I got tarped.

As the price kept on stagnating at those insane prices - even after the news was finally around (approx. 6hrs after I deposited, sold, happy about a great deal) - and first reports about withdrawal issues were surfacing, I got suspicious. First, I assumed that time limitations were self-explanatory to prevent folks from taking bonus and insta-withdraw. But then their support told me otherwise. Ever since we have been in intense contact  Wink

But hey, the presumption of innocence also applies to HKCex. Therefore, I have set them a deadline to process my withdrawal requests which is running out this afternoon. So from my perspective, it is still too early to call it a scam. But in case I don't get my crypto back real sooonish, I gonna provide hard evidence for some questionable business practices, to say the least. I took their website apart, did some research on their background and found amazing stuff you most likely didn't notice when scanning the content. With that said, let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  

All the best... And don't get Cex'd!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gs999

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 02:21:03 PM

I guess you could say it would be foolish for btc666 to jump in right after you... However I noticed your posts in the troll box, read between the lines and did the same. Sold my BTC, bought some NMC, sold that at a profit. Was looking real good. However my EgoPay payments got rejected due to "Invalid payment details". There are a few things fishy about the site: (1) Matching WDC/USD buy and sell orders are not getting filled. (2) There is a lot of BTC selling going on but the sell orders are not getting significantly less.............. So one would be inclined to think that HKCex is taking crypto coins, albeit at 8% markup but then re-selling them (via BTC/USD buy orders) for  a 23% markup - a quick 15% nett profit just there already. Seems like an incredible waste for even a scam site to scam so early in its life - they could have taken so much more loot. This is the only flicker of hope I have- maybe it's not what it seems. Good luck all and be careful!!!
pletharoe

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:20:41 AM

Lots of people unable to withdraw from HKCEx.  My bank account details have just been rejected with no other information.  I can't get BTC out either.  Angry
pletharoe

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:10:35 AM

I just received this email from them:

Dear <me!>,

Our service is under massive DDoS attack. We're moving to CloudFlare. All coins are in cold storage, there are no database leaks.
All withdrawals will be sent today.

Thank you for patience and understanding.

--
Orlando James,
Technical Support,
HKCEx
www.hkcex.net
gruss

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:27:01 AM

hkcex.net is online and under cloudflare!
Good lesson, guys!
pletharoe

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:44:36 PM

hkcex.net is online and under cloudflare!
Good lesson, guys!

No it's not.
jatto2

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:55:32 PM

The hkcex scam on news

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/hkcex-hong-kongs-supposed-new-bitcoin-exchange-bitcoin-atm-network-exposed-scam/2014/05/19
pletharoe

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:33:07 AM

I just reported this to the HK Joint Financial Intelligence Unit (financial police).  Hopefully more people will do the same.  Here's the link.

http://www.jfiu.gov.hk/en/contact_us.html
gruss

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:25:51 AM

Finally, I've got a payment from HKCex on Paypal.
Sold BTC for a good price and got a bonus.
Fine!
ragi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:04:26 AM

Hard to believe you got anything. They send me an email that states I have been using them to launder money...

no.
pletharoe

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:05:08 AM

They just emailed me saying that they think I'm money laundering!  They want a notarized copy of my passport.

At least this is evidence that they aren't a scam, they're just struggling to catch up.  They want the notarized passport copy to be posted to

HKCEx
Belcher's Street, 56
Sai Wan
Hong Kong

That's the address on the web site too, so at least it ties up.

I've also contacted HK customs who have confirmed that the MSO license is for MG Foreign Exchange LTD.  HKCEx claim to be a trade mark of this company.

Things are looking up.
gortva

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:26:57 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 08:54:49 AM by gortva

They sent me the same email
d3athgu1s3

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:31:50 AM

They just emailed me saying that they think I'm money laundering!  They want a notarized copy of my passport.

At least this is evidence that they aren't a scam, they're just struggling to catch up.  They want the notarized passport copy to be posted to

HKCEx
Belcher's Street, 56
Sai Wan
Hong Kong

That's the address on the web site too, so at least it ties up.

I've also contacted HK customs who have confirmed that the MSO license is for MG Foreign Exchange LTD.  HKCEx claim to be a trade mark of this company.

Things are looking up.

Got the same email, postage seems to be too troublesome, I'll have my lawyer notarized my scanned passport and email to them tomorrow. See what else they will need me to do.

pletharoe

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:01:31 AM

Their office is only 3.5km from where I live.  I'll be back in a few days... guess where I'll be going!
gruss

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:13:52 AM

Hard to believe you got anything. They send me an email that states I have been using them to launder money...
I think it's temporary stuck. I've been waiting for 3 days, probably because of DDoS.
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:32:46 PM

dude, they asked me for the notarized passport to be sent by MAIL not EMAIL to their HK office.
Meantime, i filled a report to the HK police....

hey Gruss, you sent any document to them? any proof or a screenshot you got money from them ?
please do us a favor, and post a screeshot (if you can) of the transaction, hide your details...
thanks
CaptainClaw

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:43:43 PM

Maybe they're thinking that so little people will send in a notarized copy (which is expensive in itself) that they can just send money to whoever does (and stay just within the law).

Or maybe you'll send it and they'll say they never recieved it or it's somehow incorrect.

They never asked me for my address so I don't know how they plan to verify that :/
gortva

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:49:11 PM

Maybe they're thinking that so little people will send in a notarized copy (which is expensive in itself) that they can just send money to whoever does (and stay just within the law).

Or maybe you'll send it and they'll say they never recieved it or it's somehow incorrect.

They never asked me for my address so I don't know how they plan to verify that :/

They asked your notarized copy too?
CaptainClaw

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:52:10 PM

They asked your notarized copy too?

Yeah notarized copy by post.
ragi

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:08:54 PM

They send me that email too. Want my passport notarized and send by standart mail which will take weeks! They do not accept emailed copy or photo.

no.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: