Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:16:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto X Change Now 3rd in 30-day Volume of BTC/USD  (Read 1295 times)
EuSouBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:28:52 PM

According to
http://www.bitcoincharts.com/markets/
Crypto X Change is now in 3rd place in 30-day volume of BTC/USD. Why do you think they've been able to gain volume so quickly? What do you like or dislike about Crypto X Change? Personally, I'd like to see them offer native deposits and withdrawals via Dwolla.

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mahingupta

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 06:20:26 AM

- $5 AUD charges is just awesome for wire transfers.
- MtGox code redeem and withdraw at 0.6% is cool

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 06:27:11 AM

Yea theres a lot to like about this exchange.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
BillGalaxy

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 01:15:59 PM

they have this good result because of free commission fee for this month.

but this promotion will be disabled soon. at the end of 31/01/2012
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2012, 03:43:35 PM

- $5 AUD charges is just awesome for wire transfers.
- MtGox code redeem and withdraw at 0.6% is cool

While $5 is definitely good for wire transfers I'd call the MtGox code redemptions not good at all and damaging to their trade volumes. If they want to compete with MtGox then they should be making deposits / withdrawls like that free. Charging for transfers that cost them nothing (assuming they maintain a balance there) simply causes wider spreads and makes arbitrage / market making activities less attractive.

If they truly want to grow their market and have it compete with MtGox then the slight overhead to process MtGox transfers by maintaining a balance there should be treated as promoting liquidity. Right now it's a bit like a bank charging to make a deposit. Or a brokerage - no brokers that I know of charge a fee to deposit.

Bank fees and wires I understand as it's not up to them. Otherwise they should do every thing they can to make the spread and transferring funds as low as possible. Every deposit is potentially many, many trades where they do get a commission. Every deposit not done due to losing the fee is a loss of further trade volume.

It's the only thing that really stops people from trading there - slippage and fear they won't get a good price.

Having cheap 0.25 Dwolla deposits can be problematic (potential charegbacks) so I understand why they don't offer that but why not cheap Dwolla direct withdrawls? It's one of the main reasons I use MtGox - I can get my money out cheaply. And I don't think there's any reason not to offer that direction. Again, they just have to maintain a Dwolla balance to provide that feature.

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 08:06:08 PM

While $5 is definitely good for wire transfers I'd call the MtGox code redemptions not good at all and damaging to their trade volumes. If they want to compete with MtGox then they should be making deposits / withdrawls like that free. Charging for transfers that cost them nothing (assuming they maintain a balance there) simply causes wider spreads and makes arbitrage / market making activities less attractive.
Stop whining about everything. When you're a grown up your time is valuable, and it's also not free to keep the MtGox account funded.
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2012, 11:09:40 PM

Stop whining about everything. When you're a grown up your time is valuable, and it's also not free to keep the MtGox account funded.
Huh? That makes no sense as I was only indicating why it's to their advantage to make it free - just like it's free to put your money in a bank so they can lend out multiples of it to others. Making it cheaper to transfer money in from MtGox can only help in trade volumes and liquidity, which are the primary reasons people would shun from trading there.

They obviously understand that for the wire transfers as otherwise they wouldn't make such a big advertising deal of that. Since it's possible to handle MtGox codes for free it makes sense for them to do that. They'd have increased numbers of MtGox users moving money into cXc to do trades because of the lack of slippage.

BTW At 50 years old I have a pretty good idea of what being an adult involves. Dick.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: