Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:09:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who else is panic buying?  (Read 3001 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:23:18 PM

Like I said, DanV is a hypocrite. that is not a rule at all, trend lines do not occur every where that EW occur. If you have followed DanV over the last few weeks you have lost a lot of money. How many weeks have you studied EW? well I have actually traded EW for more than 4 years and Ive seen a thing or two. I am seeing my analysis play out right now and Im making money. DanV has the zombies on tradingview short from 430.

Are you serious?

DanV's Short zone was $540 upwards....and actually, it never got back up there. This was after the $548 top.

The zone we are in now, I seem to remember DanV stating as a no trade zone which is from who I am taking my Q. That no trade zone is narrowing all the time, which way is it gonna go?

my intuition is:

This much (time) downside:-      |    |
This much (time) upside:-                |                   |

and in that order.

You might have traded EW for 4 years and you may well have seen a thing or two but that doesn't mean you are right. I am a spaz, when it comes to TA and trading in general, yet I seem to remember me being right when stating we were definitely going down from $800 and you with your 4 years experience, and the majority of others here, being wrong.

I've found TradingView users in general not to be helpful at all for BTC trading. It seems like every single chart is wrong.

Most of them are trash imo. But their are some gems in amongst the gravel. I know they are good from watching them and witnessing their track records in real time.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:43:49 PM

You might have traded EW for 4 years and you may well have seen a thing or two but that doesn't mean you are right. I am a spaz, when it comes to TA and trading in general, yet I seem to remember me being right when stating we were definitely going down from $800 and you with your 4 years experience, and the majority of others here, being wrong.

when you eventually realise what EW means you will realise how naive what you have just said was. I do not begin and end every sentence I write with probably imo because I think that should be understood on a speculation forum. EW is ambiguous and does not determine the fundamentals - LOL. DanV has been 'wrong' many times, I have been 'wrong' many times but we have both made good money trading EW.
there are always multiple pathways the market can take from juncture to juncture. the strength that makes EW king of all TA is that we have precise and detailed expectations that when broken allow us to cut losses (usually at a profit) and maximise profits before the market reverses. also it is a leading indicator, Ill be in at the tip of the wave before the macd turns. in this case 355.

If you remember the earlier case less selectively, you will remember that I knew we could be in a wave B. but I wanted confirmation. you would also remember that I shorted from 750 all the way down to 450 alongside the other EW analysts when it was proved to be the case, so I was not 'wrong'. you simply thought the price was too expensive for your liking, which is not very good EW analysis. what is a bitcoin worth btw?

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:37:57 PM

If you remember the earlier case less selectively, you will remember that I knew we could be in a wave B. but I wanted confirmation. you would also remember that I shorted from 750 all the way down to 450 alongside the other EW analysts when it was proved to be the case, so I was not 'wrong'. you simply thought the price was too expensive for your liking, which is not very good EW analysis. what is a bitcoin worth btw?

Not that I was even aware of DanV at the time, But DanV would have argued (and did indeed argue) that the impulse wave which consisted of his Primary Wave 3, was confirmed as finished when the trendline cojoining the start of the move and the termination point of the 2nd wave, was breached (mid Dec 2013 at about $700), although a good trader wouldn't have waited that long to close his long positions. I believe we were having our little 'down or up' debate in February. From the little I know about EW, I don't see what trendline any EW analyst could be waiting on to confirm that the impulse wave was over and we were by then firmly in correction territory. The next plausable trend line is the support line coming to meet the market now and currently hovering around $435.

I know that EW is about providing templates for future price projections which is what DanV does so well. From viewing his legacy material, I have seen him be wrong with specific price targets just as I have seen him be very right with specific price targets. But the main point of his analysis is to provide templates for future price action and if you watch his videos/sessions, he also provides possible alternatives to his favoured projections which could come into being should certain price criteria be met.

DanV isn't infallable, but I would certainly pay a lot of attention to anything he says regarding Bitcoin. Anyone with a proven track record, especially when in the face of popular opinion, I will sit up and pay attention to...even if they get it wrong as well.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:27:50 PM

Matt, why dont you label this chart. dont label it as a primary, because thats against the rules!!

if you failed to label it primary, you would miss out on the entire move from $50-$1200. the entire thing is invalid right. your hero DanV would have not served you well in this case.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: